Buffalo Bills have inquired about Donovan McNabb!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Buffalo Bills have inquired about Donovan McNabb!

If there is one day in the NFL year when we ought to be free of worrying about Donovan McNabb and the Eagles, it should be Super Bowl Sunday. Alas, such is not the case.

We've had reports today from ESPN folk who apparently have too much time on their hands, with their network not doing the game. Adam Schefter says teams have asked the Birds about all three of their quarterbacks and three teams have called about Michael Vick. Sal Paolantonio added that three teams -- Cleveland, Denver and Buffalo -- have had multiple conversations with the Eagles about Donovan McNabb.

If there is one day in the NFL year when we ought to be free of worrying about Donovan McNabb and the Eagles, it should be Super Bowl Sunday. Alas, such is not the case.

We've had reports today from ESPN folk who apparently have too much time on their hands, with their network not doing the game. Adam Schefter says teams have asked the Birds about all three of their quarterbacks and three teams have called about Michael Vick. Sal Paolantonio added that three teams -- Cleveland, Denver and Buffalo -- have had multiple conversations with the Eagles about Donovan McNabb.

Don't know the exact teams myself, but I understand there have been a lot of calls, many of them not about any QB in particular, just letting the Eagles know Team X is interested, should they look to deal any of their three. I'm also told nothing is anywhere close to happening, that all of the queries have been preliminary.

Last edited by Michael82; 02-08-2010, 08:21 AM.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Re: Buffalo Bills have inquired about Donovan McNabb!

If McNabb becomes a Bill it would be awesome. Also you can say bye bye to TO!

Comment

• THRILLHO
      This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
      • Feb 2009

This feels like deja vu.....
      True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
        If McNabb becomes a Bill it would be awesome. Also you can say bye bye to TO!
        Not true. This was from terrell owens' twitter the other day. It appears that they have become friends again....

terrellowens Moves party chillin w/ D McNabb, his bro & his cuzzo!! 1:32 AM Feb 4th from MogoTXT

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

I'm all for McNabb IF we are grooming his replacement behind him, but I would still go LT early in the draft before I take a QB... OR Take a QB at #9 and get back into the 1st to grab a LT

but the only way this works for us is if we are grooming a replacement behind him

Comment

• G Wolly
            • Mar 2004

I've been a fan of Donovan since he was in Syracuse. If he came here, that would just be super.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
              I'm all for McNabb IF we are grooming his replacement behind him, but I would still go LT early in the draft before I take a QB... OR Take a QB at #9 and get back into the 1st to grab a LT

but the only way this works for us is if we are grooming a replacement behind him
              I completely agree with everything you said. McNabb works to sell tickets, suites, merchandise and get the fans excited again. He could also groom Brohm and a rookie QB to take over when he's gone. But we still need to draft a new LT or trade for one sometime in the 1st day or two of the draft.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

If Cleveland is interested and the Eagles are interested in moving McNabb, that's where Donovan will end up.

Former Eagle GM Tom Heckert is Cleveland's new GM.

Teams generally try to help their former staff members out as much as possible and like to deal with people they know.

Hell, look at all the moves Mangini did with the Jets last year as an example.

Comment

• elltrain22
                  • Sep 2003

McNabb in a Bills uni next year= lots of season tickets sold!!!
                  If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by elltrain22
                    McNabb in a Bills uni next year= lots of season tickets sold!!!
                    Exactly! I know it probably won't happen, but I could see Russ Brandon fighting hard for Buddy Nix to do this.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                      If Cleveland is interested and the Eagles are interested in moving McNabb, that's where Donovan will end up.

Teams generally try to help their former staff members out as much as possible and like to deal with people they know.

That is because Mangini was the only one stupid enough to make those trades. Who do you thinks the Edwards trade helped the Browns or the Jets?

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days
                        That is because Mangini was the only one stupid enough to make those trades. Who do you thinks the Edwards trade helped the Browns or the Jets?
                        Exactly! Mangini helped his old team way too much. It was like he was still wearing green and white, even though he was fired!
                        Last edited by Michael82; 02-08-2010, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!

I would say in the case of Mangini and the Jets that the Jets tried to fleece their former staff members. And succeeded.
                          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by better days

Depends on who the Browns draft with the pick...

Edwards is not the receiver he was in 07. He's a guy who pouts, has bad hands and is mentally out to lunch during half the game.

If the Browns draft even an average NFL player with the pick they acquired from NY it's a wash.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Mikey82
                              I completely agree with everything you said. McNabb works to sell tickets, suites, merchandise and get the fans excited again. He could also groom Brohm and a rookie QB to take over when he's gone. But we still need to draft a new LT or trade for one sometime in the 1st day or two of the draft.
                              True, he does all of these things...but he also wins football games.

Comment

Working...
                              X