PDA

View Full Version : Saints win mocks the Kelly/Levy Apologists

Cleve
02-08-2010, 10:59 AM
I remember after the Giants upset the Bills in the 1991 Superbowl, the Levy/Kelly apologists were out in force, making the lame excuse that because the Bills hadn't been in a Superbowl before, the Bills Superbowl "inexperience" somehow excused or explained their loss to a team with Bowl experience like the Giants.

So yesterday the Saints, in their first Superbowl appearance, upset a team with plenty of Superbowl experience in the last few years, the Colts. The Saints seemed completely unperturbed by a lack of 'experience'. The Colts 'experience' seemed to offer them no tangible advantage.

So another Bills' sad excuse for being losers goes swirling down that proverbial toliet!

Beebe's Kid
02-08-2010, 04:12 PM
I remember after the Giants upset the Bills in the 1991 Superbowl, the Levy/Kelly apologists were out in force, making the lame excuse that because the Bills hadn't been in a Superbowl before, the Bills Superbowl "inexperience" somehow excused or explained their loss to a team with Bowl experience like the Giants.

So yesterday the Saints, in their first Superbowl appearance, upset a team with plenty of Superbowl experience in the last few years, the Colts. The Saints seemed completely unperturbed by a lack of 'experience'. The Colts 'experience' seemed to offer them no tangible advantage.

So another Bills' sad excuse for being losers goes swirling down that proverbial toliet!

Wow...really? Are you off of your meds, again?

What is with the need of people to take shots at the actual good teams we had....almost TWENTY ****ING YEARS AGO?

Good to see you still have that axe to grind. Keep carrying it.

Typ0
02-08-2010, 04:20 PM
I think he's right though. That group absolutely should have won that game and didn't get the job done. There were just some small nuances that killed them. The defense had them stopped and didn't tackle a guy. Kelly & Co just didn't get the ball into good enough position to make the FG in the end. Maybe a few less twelve packs that week and some more focus and hard work they would have won.

YardRat
02-08-2010, 04:30 PM
I think more people blamed the 9+ minute drive in the third quarter and Scott Norwood.

Typ0
02-08-2010, 04:33 PM
I think more people blamed the 9+ minute drive in the third quarter and Scott Norwood.

The defense allowed that drive to continue and Norwood was on the edge of his range. The offense needed more yards at the end of the game to put Norwood in a better position to make the kick.

BillsOwnAll
02-08-2010, 04:38 PM
lol that happen in 1991...noone is thinking about it anymore. The games remembered for the missed FG. Not the inexpericnce of playing super bowls the bills had.

Zero
02-08-2010, 04:48 PM
I have heard analysts go to both extremes when trying to categorize the 90's Bills. Some say the Bills just werent that good while some others say that the competition they faced was some of the best of all time.

Some things to consider:

- The '90-91 Giants team is often mentioned when picking the Top 10 defenses of all time.

- The 91-92 Redskins is often mentioned among the Top 10 Teams of All time.

The one game that Ive heard most often mentioned as the game that we we should have one was the '94 SB against Dallas, as we were supposedly superior on paper. Though most people tend to think of Super Bowl 25 as the game we should have won, the Giants had an all-time defense coupled with a very capable offense. They had a very difficult schedule that saw them play 7 playoff teams, while the Bills played in, what is still regarded as, a weak AFC.

I'm not trying to appologize for the Bills. The Bills could have and should have won the first game. I just wanted to throw this out there and see what you guys thought.

Zero
02-08-2010, 04:55 PM
The defense allowed that drive to continue and Norwood was on the edge of his range. The offense needed more yards at the end of the game to put Norwood in a better position to make the kick.

Agreed, here. Was this the same drive where Ingram converted that 3rd and 13 while breaking 6 tackles? If so, that was probably the play of the game.

Cleve
02-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Maybe a few less twelve packs that week and some more focus and hard work they would have won.

Yeah, that's the other rumor I heard about the team too - that Kelly & Co. haunted the Tampa bars, telling everyone how great he/they were instead of buckling down and preparing for the game. It was as if they were celebrating the win before they achieved the win.

For some reason I'm confident that Drew Brees spent all week preparing, with minimal celebrations of his greatness.

Yasgur's Farm
02-08-2010, 05:53 PM
'91 was a killer... Bills D allowed a long TD drive to end the 1st half... And a long TD drive to open the 2nd half. That freakin killed us!