PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks move impacts the Bills

kernowboy
02-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Walter Jones has retired.

Will they now go LT rather than maybe consider a QB at 6?

ddaryl
02-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Strong indications from fans here in Washington that they are very interested in replacing Jones

There OL has been sliding the last few years

Bills Juggernaut
02-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Anybody know if they have a backup LT on thier roster that they have planned to step up and take his place?

If not, then I can see them drafting a LT to keep injury prone Matt Hasselback on his feet all year.

kernowboy
02-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Anybody know if they have a backup LT on thier roster that they have planned to step up and take his place?

If not, then I can see them drafting a LT to keep injury prone Matt Hasselback on his feet all year.

They had looked at Sean Locklear here but he also has trouble staying healthy. Max Unger played LT for his first two years at the Ducks and may have the athleticism to slide out from G

DraftBoy
02-08-2010, 11:13 AM
My last mock assumed this when I had them taking Bulaga, who numerous people thought I was insane for.

patmoran2006
02-08-2010, 11:19 AM
Walter Jones has retired.

Will they now go LT rather than maybe consider a QB at 6?

Didn't Jones already miss 2009 anyway?

DraftBoy
02-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Didn't Jones already miss 2009 anyway?

Yes but the entire time he was talking about coming back in 2010, so Seattle never really grabbed a replacement for him.

Locklear and McIntosh started the majoirty of the games in place of Jones. Seattle also gave up the 10th most sacks last year as well.

patmoran2006
02-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Yes but the entire time he was talking about coming back in 2010, so Seattle never really grabbed a replacement for him.

Locklear and McIntosh started the majoirty of the games in place of Jones. Seattle also gave up the 10th most sacks last year as well.

Ahhh.. Ok gotcha

SeatownBillsFan21
02-08-2010, 11:44 AM
There going QB

patmoran2006
02-08-2010, 11:45 AM
I've always seen Seattle as being the team that would kill any chances of Bradford falling to Buffalo at #9, if the Bills so desired him.

better days
02-08-2010, 11:47 AM
They had looked at Sean Locklear here but he also has trouble staying healthy. Max Unger played LT for his first two years at the Ducks and may have the athleticism to slide out from G

I have heard they plan to move Unger to Center.

DraftBoy
02-08-2010, 11:47 AM
I've always seen Seattle as being the team that would kill any chances of Bradford falling to Buffalo at #9, if the Bills so desired him.

Cleveland is more likely imo. Seattle will take whichever QB falls to 14 I bet.

DraftBoy
02-08-2010, 11:48 AM
I have heard they plan to move Unger to Center.

They have Chris Spencer there, not sure why they would move him. He's very good, when healthy.

patmoran2006
02-08-2010, 11:50 AM

You think they're ready to give up on Brady Quinn?

ddaryl
02-08-2010, 11:50 AM

they have many holes to fill like the Bills and of course the best rated players at the top of the draft are not QB's

DraftBoy
02-08-2010, 11:51 AM
You think they're ready to give up on Brady Quinn?

Holmgren has the decision and he has no ties to Quinn, so it would not surprise me in the least bit.

psubills62
02-08-2010, 11:58 AM
The Browns believe Eric Wright can develop into a top-10 cornerback, according to Terry Pluto of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
Pluto says the Browns believe they only have two legitimate starters in their secondary -- Wright and safety Abe Elam. Safety Brodney Pool's future is up in the air due to concussions and free agency. Pluto expects the Browns to target defensive backs in the draft, possibly using their first pick on Florida CB Joe Haden or Tennessee S Eric Berry if he slides to the No. 7 spot.

per rotoworld...we can only hope! The more secondary players that go before #9, especially to QB-needy teams, the better our chances of getting Bradford to drop to our pick.

DraftBoy
02-08-2010, 11:58 AM
I could see Haden going there, I still think Berry goes to Tampa with them likely losing Phillips in FA.

Nighthawk
02-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Holmgren has the decision and he has no ties to Quinn, so it would not surprise me in the least bit.

We'll see...if Brady is still on the roster come the draft, then they won't be taking a QB high. If they are done with Brady, then it would make more sense to trade him for additional picks.

tampabay25690
02-08-2010, 03:33 PM
There going QB

I wouldnt say that just quite yet

tampabay25690
02-08-2010, 03:35 PM
I could see Haden going there, I still think Berry goes to Tampa with them likely losing Phillips in FA.

People in TAMPA would luv to see Berry there and it makes sense...
He would start over SABBY Piscatelli right from day 1....
Would be a very safe pick for Tampa...

tampabay25690
02-08-2010, 03:44 PM
The big move is what is St Louis doing???
What is WASH doing???
Both teams could use a QB in the 1st round before we pick...

St Louis I think should draft SUH no doubt..
Washington will Shannahan go with Campbell or draft his guy?
I think Shanny will draft his QB and work him in his offense.....

DraftBoy
02-08-2010, 03:48 PM
The big move is what is St Louis doing???
What is WASH doing???
Both teams could use a QB in the 1st round before we pick...

St Louis I think should draft SUH no doubt..
Washington will Shannahan go with Campbell or draft his guy?
I think Shanny will draft his QB and work him in his offense.....

Shanny has always and will always be a dominant offensive line guy, that's why I think he goes LT to replace Chris Samuels in the first round.

ByrdsTheWord
02-08-2010, 05:20 PM
No they'll still go QB. They have 2 first round picks and they can still pick up another OT at the number 14 spot. Guys like Trent Williams, Bruce Campbell, Ducasse, and possibly Anthony Davis will still be there. This is a VERY deep OT class. QB should still be their number 1 priority.

BillsMan80
02-08-2010, 05:36 PM
Highly doubt Seattle goes QB especially when they have massive needs all over the roster. Hasselbeck still has a good 2-3 years left in him, and with a good Tackle they could have a productive offense next year. Wouldn't be suprised to see Seattle go Berry if he falls, or especially a safe pick of an OT. I think you will see OTs go at 4,5 with the potential to see OTs at 6 and 8 in the Top 10.

ByrdsTheWord
02-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Highly doubt Seattle goes QB especially when they have massive needs all over the roster. Hasselbeck still has a good 2-3 years left in him, and with a good Tackle they could have a productive offense next year. Wouldn't be suprised to see Seattle go Berry if he falls, or especially a safe pick of an OT. I think you will see OTs go at 4,5 with the potential to see OTs at 6 and 8 in the Top 10.

I guarantee Okung will not be available for them so you think another OT like Bulaga is worth that pick? You honestly think that many OTs will go in the top 10? Get real dude.

wmoz11
02-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Um, Walter Jones didn't retire. Are you talking about his joke tweet that was something like "I have come to the concussion that it is time to retire?"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/07/walter-jones-announces-retirement-unless-hes-messing-with-us/

"I have came to the concussion it is time for me to retire from football (http://twitter.com/BJRTH/status/8774997670)," Jones wrote. (And if that's not proof of the dangers of concussions, what is?")

We're not sure whether to take what the nine-time Pro Bowler writes at face value. Jones is known for his sense of humor and may just be having some fun.

UPDATE: Sando thinks Jones is pulling (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/14074/sorry-big-walt-not-falling-for-it) our collective chain

BillsMan80
02-08-2010, 06:53 PM
I guarantee Okung will not be available for them so you think another OT like Bulaga is worth that pick? You honestly think that many OTs will go in the top 10? Get real dude.

I'll bet 3-4 OT's go in the top 10. As of my last Mock I had Okung at 4, Bulaga at 5, and Davis at 8. Seattle has massive needs all over their roster so a QB isn't exactly priority #1. Seattle could go OT, Derrick Morgan, Eric Berry (if he's there), Joe Haden...But I'll bet that at least 3 OTs go in the top 10.

clumping platelets
02-08-2010, 10:26 PM
We can get a solid OT in rd 2 or rd 3..........we had the WORST running D in the NFL..........that's a bigger priority

BillsMan80
02-08-2010, 11:48 PM
We also have the worst QBs in the NFL...that is a priority.

clumping platelets
02-08-2010, 11:49 PM
But we also need to draft a player that can contribute in 2010 not 2011....er.....2012 because of the 2011 lockout

BillsWin
02-08-2010, 11:53 PM
I'm hoping that the Seahawks and Redskins realize they are in prime position to shore up their offensive lines and the Skins take Okung, then the Hawks take someone like Campbell or Baluga freeing up Bradford at nine.

Maybe.

clumping platelets
02-08-2010, 11:53 PM
:puke:

kernowboy
02-09-2010, 04:50 AM
If we go cheap on LT yet again it will be 5 years before this team has another winning season.

better days
02-09-2010, 08:10 AM
But we also need to draft a player that can contribute in 2010 not 2011....er.....2012 because of the 2011 lockout

Why? Will one player propel the Bills through the playoffs into the Super Bowl in 2010? I don't think so. If a franchise QB is there the Bills need to take him. Having said that, I don't think Bradford will be a franchise QB. He seems too fragile to me. I don't know about Clausen. I guess I will be happy with the pick the FO makes. For the 1st time in a long time I have faith in them.

BillsMan80
02-09-2010, 10:12 AM
I could say the same thing if we neglect the QB position again this year and go cheap with a 2nd tier retread or a project QB from the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th Round, that it will be 5 years before we have another winning season. Next year will be shot with the stench that will come from Fitzpatrick or Edwards, and then at least another 2-3 years while our project "gets it" and if we wait till next year, add on another year while next year's weak QB class shows their true colors.

ByrdsTheWord
02-09-2010, 10:14 AM
I'll bet 3-4 OT's go in the top 10. As of my last Mock I had Okung at 4, Bulaga at 5, and Davis at 8. Seattle has massive needs all over their roster so a QB isn't exactly priority #1. Seattle could go OT, Derrick Morgan, Eric Berry (if he's there), Joe Haden...But I'll bet that at least 3 OTs go in the top 10.
Nope sorry. You are incorrect.

BillsMan80
02-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Nope sorry. You are incorrect.

How much do you want to bet on that...At least 3 OTs go in the Top 10. And I could say you are incorrect just as easily.

ByrdsTheWord
02-09-2010, 10:21 AM
How much do you want to bet on that...At least 3 OTs go in the Top 10. And I could say you are incorrect just as easily.

What's going to happen to our economy 2 years from now?

BillsMan80
02-09-2010, 10:23 AM
What's going to happen to our economy 2 years from now?

You seem to have all the answers and think you know all above everyone else. You would probably have better insight at it than I do.

ByrdsTheWord
02-09-2010, 10:25 AM
You seem to have all the answers and think you know all above everyone else. You would probably have better insight at it than I do.

No i mean. You obviously have the ability to read the future since you're so confident in your "predictions." Didn't know we had a real life Nostradamus here in these forums.

BillsMan80
02-09-2010, 10:28 AM
No i mean. You obviously have the ability to read the future since you're so confident in your "predictions." Didn't know we had a real life Nostradamus here in these forums.

It's simply what I believe will happen. Kind of hard to project something two years down the road, whereas the Draft is in 2 months, and we already have a good idea of what teams need and where players may fall. Good to know we have a smug, pompous punk on these forums who think they know more than everyone else.

ByrdsTheWord
02-09-2010, 10:29 AM
It's simply what I believe will happen. Kind of hard to project something two years down the road, whereas the Draft is in 2 months, and we already have a good idea of what teams need and where players may fall. Good to know we have a smug, pompous punk on these forums who think they know more than everyone else.

I take that as a complement so thank you. :rockout: