X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

Whats with you Guys?

Obviously this only applies to the majority of this board. If you are not in the majority, and you did not drink the cool aid congratulate yourself.

Last Year I suggested we Trade Lynch. His value was at a high point, and we could have even gotten a 2nd rounder for him. I suggested this, I was blasted, and told that he was one of the best in the NFL.... a year later, many of you are on the Trade Lynch Bandwagon, when his value is at an all time low..... what happened to all of the Lynch Lovers???

Regarding Whitner, there have been a few on this board that see him for what he is: average safety. Earlier in the year, before Byrd's emergence, I suggested trading Whitner and was blasted by all of the Whitner Fans, arguing potential and citing coaching as an excuse for average performances. Now, I am seeing all of the trade Whitner Boards and many of you are for the idea.... what happened to all of the Whitner Fans???

Lastly, I want to mention Greer. I think Greer was a good CB for the Bills and really wanted to stay in Buffalo, but we let him go without getting anything back in return! One thing I liked about TD, when he was GM, was how he got a 1st rounder for Peerless Price... We could have easily signed him and traded McGee, who is on the decline. Some suggested this on this board, the majority blasted this suggestion. Today, many more of you would prefer Greer and a Draft Pick over McGee.....

Remember that Great GMs have vision. If they acted from the past or with sentiment they would not be good at their job. They are there to evaluate talent and not get attached, emotionally, to any one player or give excuses -unlike fans. The Bills FO could have made better decisions, however we all know that they are not Great.
    Please Make Sense
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Whats with you Guys?

You are a great GM.

Why you're wasting your time telling us this and not OBD is beyond me.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• realdealryan
      realdealrex
      • Nov 2005

Trading Lynch last year was absolutely out of the question - 1st, he was only available for 3/4 of the games, lowering his value, 2nd, we cut Rhodes and went thin at RB....you wanna rotate Bruce Hall in there??

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I didn't want to trade Whitner or Lynch last year, and I don't want to trade them now. Lynch is young and should recover from an off year, and gives us a great two headed running attack.

Despite his detractors, Whitner is a better-than-average Safety. Whitner will have the same trade value this year as last, but why create new holes when you have so many already?

I would liked to have re-signed Greer, but McGee and McKelvin are a good tandem at CB.

I don't think we hurt ourselves through any of these moves/non-moves.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mike
            Obviously this only applies to the majority of this board. If you are not in the majority, and you did not drink the cool aid congratulate yourself.

Last Year I suggested we Trade Lynch. His value was at a high point, and we could have even gotten a 2nd rounder for him. I suggested this, I was blasted, and told that he was one of the best in the NFL.... a year later, many of you are on the Trade Lynch Bandwagon, when his value is at an all time low..... what happened to all of the Lynch Lovers???

Regarding Whitner, there have been a few on this board that see him for what he is: average safety. Earlier in the year, before Byrd's emergence, I suggested trading Whitner and was blasted by all of the Whitner Fans, arguing potential and citing coaching as an excuse for average performances. Now, I am seeing all of the trade Whitner Boards and many of you are for the idea.... what happened to all of the Whitner Fans???

Lastly, I want to mention Greer. I think Greer was a good CB for the Bills and really wanted to stay in Buffalo, but we let him go without getting anything back in return! One thing I liked about TD, when he was GM, was how he got a 1st rounder for Peerless Price... We could have easily signed him and traded McGee, who is on the decline. Some suggested this on this board, the majority blasted this suggestion. Today, many more of you would prefer Greer and a Draft Pick over McGee.....

Remember that Great GMs have vision. If they acted from the past or with sentiment they would not be good at their job. They are there to evaluate talent and not get attached, emotionally, to any one player or give excuses -unlike fans. The Bills FO could have made better decisions, however we all know that they are not Great.
            What do you want us to print you out a medal or something???

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by realdealryan
              Trading Lynch last year was absolutely out of the question - 1st, he was only available for 3/4 of the games, lowering his value, 2nd, we cut Rhodes and went thin at RB....you wanna rotate Bruce Hall in there??
              You needed vision to see that though Ryan.

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

[IMG]http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/celebrity-pictures-foghorn-leghorn-*****-slap.jpg[/IMG]

this is fun

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                  • Nov 2009

It's Kool-Aid, Great One. I know you don't have time to worry about spelling, or proper capitalization, with all of the important football decisions you have to make.

Comment

• Romes
                    • Jul 2002

this guy has a case of the HHurricane...
                    Originally posted by paladin warrior
                    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Cleve
                      • Oct 2004

Would this Mike be any worse as a GM than Marv Levy was, though?

Don't worry about the awful writing. His secretary could/would clean that up before it was issued to a anxiously awaiting press corps.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                      per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                        • Sep 2003

Trading Lynch was a stupid idea then. It's a stupid idea now.
                        "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

you may be onto something with this "Lynch Lover" thing.
                          Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

Post thanked for nothing by: madness (Today)

Comment

Working...
                            X