PDA

View Full Version : McNabb

ChanGailey
02-09-2010, 11:17 AM
First of all, I have to admit to having been a McNabb fan since he was at Syracuse. I live in Rochester, so I pretty much root for whatever local team has a chance to do something. So, I watched McNabb and Harrison at SU for a couple seasons.

So I've supported him since he was in the NFL. Big part of the reason I was already a huge TO fan, too. My question is: If we were to acquire him, is it going to be a situation where we missed the boat? Is he past his prime, and ability to take a team all the way?

Also, if he does have it, how long could he have it? Not long enough for Philly to want to keep him, apparently. Plus, how much money would he demand?

And lastly, will they sell just McNabb nameplates to put on our Edwards jerseys? Ha, that's a joke. They may, but they'll still be $79 bucks. Thank god for knock offs.

Personally, as long as the price is right, I'm all for it. The fact that he'll command a pretty solid salary, to me, makes him a 2nd round pick. Isn't that what we gave up for Bledsoe?

Then we build the lines, add a weapon or two, and we can wait a season to add a QB to groom for a season or two until McNabb is burnt out. - or perhaps Brohm becomes the project?

justasportsfan
02-09-2010, 11:25 AM
If Gailey can have the same success he had running the ball when he was the HC of the cowboys, I think McNabb is still a qb that can take us into the playoffs. I doubt he's a qb that can carry an entire team on his shoulders at this point.

ByrdsTheWord
02-09-2010, 11:28 AM
If he can't take the Eagles to the promise land, you think he'll take us there? They have twice the talent we have on this team.

HAMMER
02-09-2010, 11:30 AM
I think we should focus on the lines and LB, let Brohm and Edwards battle for the starter job. Brohm has not been given ample time to show his stuff, let's see what he's got.

Pinkerton Security
02-09-2010, 11:41 AM
If he can't take the Eagles to the promise land, you think he'll take us there? They have twice the talent we have on this team.

Bills YPG - 30th
Eagles YPG - 11th

Bills PPG - 28th
Eagles PPG - 5th

Lets not get picky here...he is quite obviously 100X better than any other option we currently have. He is not Brees or Manning but he is a top 10 QB without question.

Pinkerton Security
02-09-2010, 11:47 AM

Also, lets compare skill positions:

WR - Jackson, Maclin, Avant, Curtis VS: TO, Evans, Reed, Parrish

Jackson is one of the best playmakers in the NFL, but at this point in his career Maclin isnt any better at all than either TO or Evans, so they're better at WR but not that much

TE - Celek >>>>>>>>> Any bills TE...obviously a big difference here

RB - McCoy, Westbrook vs. Jackson, Lynch

- Westbrook barely made any impact at all last year bc he was hurt, so as far as least year goes, I'd take Bills RB's over Eagles.

Basically all Im saying is they're really not that much skilled on O (outside of QB), and yet they make the playoffs every year. We havent been to the playoffs in 10 years.

OpIv37
02-09-2010, 11:48 AM
I think McNabb still has 2-3 good years left in him and would be a good short term solution. However, I agree with with this solution:

I think we should focus on the lines and LB, let Brohm and Edwards battle for the starter job. Brohm has not been given ample time to show his stuff, let's see what he's got.

McNabb has some miles on his legs, and putting him behind a shoddy OL won't do him or us any good. Fix the lines, worry about QB next year. Maybe we'll get lucky with Brohm- if not, at least we filled other needs.

Mr. Miyagi
02-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Also, lets compare skill positions:

WR - Jackson, Maclin, Avant, Curtis VS: TO, Evans, Reed, Parrish

Jackson is one of the best playmakers in the NFL, but at this point in his career Maclin isnt any better at all than either TO or Evans, so they're better at WR but not that much

TE - Celek >>>>>>>>> Any bills TE...obviously a big difference here

RB - McCoy, Westbrook vs. Jackson, Lynch

- Westbrook barely made any impact at all last year bc he was hurt, so as far as least year goes, I'd take Bills RB's over Eagles.

Basically all Im saying is they're really not that much skilled on O (outside of QB), and yet they make the playoffs every year. We havent been to the playoffs in 10 years.
Sure if you're only at it from fantasy football point of view. Their OL is better than ours, especially after Peters started playing well again later in the season.

Mr. Miyagi
02-09-2010, 12:33 PM
I don't want to play mod since I'm never really here.

But children please play nice. Thanks.

Nighthawk
02-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Everyone on this site knows im a mental midget? Do you think i care what people here think? Sorry im not going to win a popularity contest here.
:fishy:

Not my fault you werent intelligent enough to comprehend what i was saying. Like i said. Go back to school. Maybe you can be part of the "incrowd" again and be all cool.

Juice, you need to relax!

Pinkerton Security
02-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Everyone on this site knows im a mental midget? Do you think i care what people here think? Sorry im not going to win a popularity contest here.
:fishy:

Not my fault you werent intelligent enough to comprehend what i was saying. Like i said. Go back to school. Maybe you can be part of the "incrowd" again and be all cool.

Just to reiterate, maybe it will sink in this time..

You said "If he can't take the Eagles to the promise land, you think he'll take us there? They have twice the talent we have on this team." This is not exactly glowing praise of a guy, and no where in your response did you indicate you were interested in bringing in McNabb.

So, I pointed out some statistical areas in which he would improve our team, showing that I do actually want him.

And once again, I'm not justifying your 2nd grade rebuttal with a comment.

OpIv37
02-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Sure if you're only at it from fantasy football point of view. Their OL is better than ours, especially after Peters started playing well again later in the season.

Man, you still don't get it. Peters had a bad attitude, therefore he sucked in Buffalo, he sucks in Philly, and he'll suck anywhere else he ends up playing over the course of his career. Period.

Mr. Miyagi
02-09-2010, 12:44 PM
What's the bottom line here anyway? McNabb sells tickets better than anyone we've got. Imagine reuniting McNabb and TO if they were indeed on good terms. We'll be on primetime at least 3 times next year.

justasportsfan
02-09-2010, 12:45 PM
We'll be on primetime at least 3 times next year.
I hope not

Mr. Miyagi
02-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Man, you still don't get it. Peters had a bad attitude, therefore he sucked in Buffalo, he sucks in Philly, and he'll suck anywhere else he ends up playing over the course of his career. Period.
Yup. Same thing happened to Fletcher and Pat Williams and Winfield. They will always suck. How dare they get let go by the Bills and didn't just retire into oblivion?

EDS
02-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Yup. Same thing happened to Fletcher and Pat Williams and Winfield. They will always suck. How dare they get let go by the Bills and didn't just retire into oblivion?

I hear Jabari Greer is really regreting his decision to leave the Bills for New Orleans . . .

OpIv37
02-09-2010, 01:05 PM
What's the bottom line here anyway? McNabb sells tickets better than anyone we've got. Imagine reuniting McNabb and TO if they were indeed on good terms. We'll be on primetime at least 3 times next year.

wait....do we really want that? When was the last time we won a prime-time game?

WeAreArthurMoates
02-09-2010, 03:09 PM

That's the problem though, they have never been a running team. If Reid commited day one in training camp that they would pound the rock, you may have seen a superbowl there.

THATHURMANATOR
02-09-2010, 03:51 PM
I just want everyone to know that Byrd was SERRRVED in this thread and then the posts somehow vanished.

Mr. Miyagi
02-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Thurm you need a break from this thread?

THATHURMANATOR
02-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Why?

ByrdsTheWord
02-09-2010, 04:22 PM
I just want everyone to know that Byrd was SERRRVED in this thread and then the posts somehow vanished.

I think you should listen to your sig. :funny:

msfdurango
02-09-2010, 06:48 PM
I don't want to play mod since I'm never really here.

But children please play nice. Thanks. The not so nice children are on the thread regarding Peyton not shaking Drew's hand after the Superbowl. Someone should be overseeing that one. At least there is a show of respect on one's opinion on this one.

X-Era
02-10-2010, 06:23 AM
Lots has to happen still:

1) If we simply sign Chad or someone like Carr, it would be fairly quickly into Free Agency.
2) If we trade for Vick, it would be before hes due his bonus.

If none of that happens:

And the Bills don't get a shot at Bradford or Clausen at 9, I expect them to trade with the Eagles on draft day for McNabb. His bonus isn't due until May.

THATHURMANATOR
02-10-2010, 08:11 AM
I think you should listen to your sig. :funny:
Probably a good idea!