PDA

View Full Version : Versus: 'Not optimistic' DirecTV deal in place by playoffs

RockStar36
02-09-2010, 12:18 PM
"At this time, we are not optimistic that an agreement will be in place with DirecTV in time for the start of the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Versus-Not-optimistic-DirecTV-deal-in-place-b?urn=nhl,218521

THATHURMANATOR
02-09-2010, 12:21 PM
HAAAA HAAA DTV DORKS!

OpIv37
02-09-2010, 12:26 PM
mother****er. And last week I saw a blog saying there was hope for a deal in ealry March.

I'm really losing my patience with DirecTV.

THATHURMANATOR
02-09-2010, 12:43 PM
HAA HAA OP!!! Lick DTV Some more buddy!!!

PS3 and DTV a marriage made in gay hell!

Dr. Lecter
02-09-2010, 12:51 PM
To: DirectTV and Versus

Two words:

**** and you.

RockStar36
02-09-2010, 12:53 PM
The NHL would be best served to get away from Versus as quickly as possible.

Not that this affects me, but having people miss playoff games is unacceptable for a sport that already struggles to reach the fans.

The King
02-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Versus looks great on Comcast

OpIv37
02-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Versus looks great on Comcast

I'd rather not have VS than have Comcast. They are the single worst company I've ever dealt with in my life. And it's not just me.

My friend moved and returned his cable box. They still tried to bill him for it, then called him claiming he never returned it and they were going to put a mark on his credit if he didn't pay. He had to fax them the receipt 4x and show up with it in person before they finally backed off.

Meanwhile, Comcast had been over-billing his GF for around a year. She found out and called them, and they agreed to send her a check to reimburse her for the over-billed amount. That was 4 months ago and she doesn't have a check yet.

Comcast is a bunch of money-grubbing shysters that rips off their customers as a matter of organizational policy.

The King
02-09-2010, 01:15 PM
as someone who has had comcast for 7 years... zero complaints.

Where I live DirectTv dropped out during almost every storm

OpIv37
02-09-2010, 01:17 PM
almost everyone I know who's had Comcast has a Comcast horror story. And that's a lot of people- Comcast covers pretty much the entire DC metro area, with the exception of Fairfax County.

The Spaz
02-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Add me to the Comcast complaint category. I had to call Comcast 7 times within the first month that I had cable. **** that.

Slim
02-09-2010, 01:44 PM
HATED Comcast. Direct Tv has been great. This Versus thing is my only complaint.

Ebenezer
02-09-2010, 01:47 PM
The NHL would be best served to get away from Versus as quickly as possible.

Not that this affects me, but having people miss playoff games is unacceptable for a sport that already struggles to reach the fans.

I know I gave Op and a few others a hard time when they talked about missing a Sabres game on Vs...but missing the playoffs is dumber than dumb. This would be huge.

OpIv37
02-09-2010, 01:59 PM
I know I gave Op and a few others a hard time when they talked about missing a Sabres game on Vs...but missing the playoffs is dumber than dumb. This would be huge.

see- it's not just me. VS is the NHL's only national TV contract and it's hurting the league by losing viewers, especially if it extends into the playoffs.

LtFinFan66
02-09-2010, 02:21 PM
mother****er. And last week I saw a blog saying there was hope for a deal in ealry March.

I'm really losing my patience with DirecTV.maybe VERSUS is at fault?

RockStar36
02-09-2010, 02:45 PM
maybe VERSUS is at fault?

I doubt we'll ever know.

Sounds similar to the NFLN and cable companies debate. Arguments could go both ways.

OpIv37
02-09-2010, 03:20 PM
maybe VERSUS is at fault?

it's possible but I doubt it. The more I read, the more it seems like the DirecTV side is the one being stubborn. In the meantime, I only get 5 Sabres games on my TV despite paying DirecTV $90 every month.

(yes, I know it's a lot, but I have an expensive package for HD and DVR and NHL Network plus I pay for 4 receivers).

THATHURMANATOR
02-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Bedard of course a PS3 lover will have DTV.... :limp:

trapezeus
02-09-2010, 03:31 PM
i've heard the comcast horror stories. but my wife has done multiple voiceovers for comcast, so i remain quiet on the issue. i'm stuck with time warner. the sarah palin's of tv. they suck.

OpIv37
02-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Bedard of course a PS3 lover will have DTV.... :limp:

don't **** on me because you're a tool of Microsoft and the cable companies. Automaton.

*pause while Thurm Googles "automaton."

THATHURMANATOR
02-09-2010, 03:51 PM
don't **** on me because you're a tool of Microsoft and the cable companies. Automaton.

*pause while Thurm Googles "automaton."
***Pausing for a long time because Thurm wouldn't even want to know what a gay word like that means because it obviously a dork PS3 term.***

bosshogg21
02-10-2010, 05:14 AM
Comcast owns the rights to versus. They upped their price to directv. Directv would have had to ask us to pay more to carry it, of which they did not want to do. Btw, Comcast is such an awful run company. They offer the least and charge the most.

OpIv37
02-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Comcast owns the rights to versus. They upped their price to directv. Directv would have had to ask us to pay more to carry it, of which they did not want to do. Btw, Comcast is such an awful run company. They offer the least and charge the most.

I heard they upped the price because the old price was negotiated when VS was still OLN, BEFORE it had NHL and MMA, so DirecTV wasn't basing the price reasonably. I also heard DTV was being completely inflexible on the price and Comcast was trying to offer them the same deal that Dish Network has.

But I definitely agree about Comcast. Fortunately, Cox Cable has the area where I live now, so even if I dropped DTV, I still wouldn't have to deal with those scam artists.

Dozerdog
02-10-2010, 08:56 AM
as someone who has had comcast for 7 years... zero complaints.

Where I live DirectTv dropped out during almost every storm

It doesn't help that the farther north you go, the lower to the horizon the dish is pointed, which really affects signal (more ground obstructions)

JD
02-10-2010, 03:58 PM
I <3 digital cable