PDA

View Full Version : Ciano and Gamble

mark1126
02-09-2010, 08:40 PM
This Gamble is a beast..a world champ in the 275 lb division

"John gamble dominated the 275 pound class in the early eighties in away that is hard to relate to someone who's never had the pleaure of seeing him in action. gambles liftng arsenal consisted with an anwesome physique,balanced lifting at world record levels,perfect techniques and a fearsome platform charisma.

HE WAS NEVER BEATEN IN NATIONAL OR INTERNATIONAL MEET, though he faced a veritable "who's who" of power giants on the platform. John Gamble as feared.

He streaked across powerlifting like a meteor. he entered his first powerlifting meet,won two senior national championships,captured the World title and retired in under three years.
He dropped off the face of the powerlifting world,a mystery, an enigma."

Turns out John tore a trap very badly at a Strongest man competition adn was never the same again. He bagain strength coaching and moved on..

BillsWin
02-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Oh yeah... We are going to crush people in 3-4 years...

WeAreArthurMoates
02-09-2010, 09:30 PM
This is exactly the type of dude we need to make this team stronger and more physical. This guy actually makes me think they he can successfully add about 15 pounds to kyle williams and make him a beast as a NT. Levitre, Maybin, Williams, and Hardy will benefit greatly from him.

Pinkerton Security
02-09-2010, 09:38 PM
This is exactly the type of dude we need to make this team stronger and more physical. This guy actually makes me think they he can successfully add about 15 pounds to kyle williams and make him a beast as a NT. Levitre, Maybin, Williams, and Hardy will benefit greatly from him.
my thoughts exactly dude, hopefully he can make Maybin into a beast!!

My only concern is that he also knows how to help maximize the strength of WR's and skill players while also allowing them to maintain their flexibility and dexterity...we dont need a team full of David Bostons. remember him??
http://www.femmefan.com/site/images/lookerspics/lookers6/DavidBoston.jpg
guy looks more like a LB...bigger than Ellison lol. Used to be a decent receiver but got SOOOOOO jacked that he became slow and ineffective...plus he was on steroids and got a couple DUI's

mark1126
02-09-2010, 09:46 PM
dont worry Gamble isnt one dimemsional strength trainer..

http://www.martygallagher.com/the-ru...-transference/ (http://www.martygallagher.com/the-rubiks-cube-of-athletic-transference/)

When John Gamble was the strength coach at University of Virginia he related to me the story of a 6-3 180 pound freshman who could run and leap like a gazelle but was frail and relatively weak.

After four years of Gamble-school Herman Moore weighed 210, was drafted in the first round and went on to a 10-year NFL career.

John molded and shaped Herman: he enhanced his gifts, eliminated his weaknesses and reconfigured a good athlete into a great one. JG developed methods that transferred from the weight room to the gridiron; he didnt turn Moore into a great powerlifter and turned him into a great football player.

YoungEz
02-09-2010, 10:00 PM

My only concern is that he also knows how to help maximize the strength of WR's and skill players while also allowing them to maintain their flexibility and dexterity...we dont need a team full of David Bostons. remember him??
guy looks more like a LB...bigger than Ellison lol. Used to be a decent receiver but got SOOOOOO jacked that he became slow and ineffective...plus he was on steroids and got a couple DUI's

I dunno if he was on steroids or not but that gut tells a story. (GH gut)

Oaf
02-09-2010, 11:22 PM
This could be the one of the best decisions made this offseason.

raphael120
02-10-2010, 12:34 AM
No more 40 players on the IR this year again?

Mr. Miyagi
02-10-2010, 07:51 AM
Well it doesn't get better instantly, it may take a year or so for the players' bodies to adjust. So maybe just 10 IRs this year.

trapezeus
02-10-2010, 09:27 AM
the thread title made me thing these guys are replacing Celino and Barnes.

RockStar36
02-10-2010, 09:29 AM

Boston was juicing, so I doubt we have to worry about that.

CoolBreeze
02-10-2010, 04:38 PM
A friend of mine worked with Gamble for 3 years at UVA.. Says there is none better.

YardRat
02-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Great move bringing two guys in, each with their own specialty...

Hemlepp53
02-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Love these two additions to the staff. Very impressed. With both of them we get two trainers who excel at their area of expertiese. I Like....

Hemlepp53
02-10-2010, 08:38 PM

YEAH.... Someone around here is making sense... I Love It...

WeAreArthurMoates
02-10-2010, 08:54 PM
YEAH.... Someone around here is making sense... I Love It...

This is just a great pick-up. Everyone is discounting Kyle but the dude is just a football player. He could surely add 15 pounds this offseason.