• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

If Maybin Plays well in 3-4 will...

A lot of you shut up about the last year and move forward? Or will you still takes shots at front office for a wasted year. Take shots at him for sucking for a year and holding out?

I will not think of last year for one minute if Maybin has a good season!
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: If Maybin Plays well in 3-4 will...

Def not his fault where he was drafted and where he was put to play. But I will be happy nonetheless and root him on. I think hes going to be very good in that position

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I'll continue to take shots at Maybin until he's equal or better than Orakpo because we could have had Orakpo instead.

And if he does well in the 3-4, it just shows how dumb this FO is for drafting a guy who fits a different system.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• tampabay25690
        • Feb 2004

Bottom lone when you hold out and want more $$ everyone has the right to bash him...

He shouldnt have been drafted in the 1st place to a team that RAN a Tampa 2...
        He SHOULD do much better in a 3-4 but we will see.

If I get paid more and I dont live up to my $$$ I get fired, well he gets a shot to earn his $$ this year..
        GO Gators!!!!!!
        GO GATORS!!

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
          We play to win the game!
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37
          I'll continue to take shots at Maybin until he's equal or better than Orakpo because we could have had Orakpo instead.

And if he does well in the 3-4, it just shows how dumb this FO is for drafting a guy who fits a different system.
          Hey OP, does Washington run a 3-4? Just wondering how Orakpo would do in that formation

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
            We play to win the game!
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by tampabay25690
            Bottom lone when you hold out and want more $$ everyone has the right to bash him...

He shouldnt have been drafted in the 1st place to a team that RAN a Tampa 2...
            He SHOULD do much better in a 3-4 but we will see.

If I get paid more and I dont live up to my $$$ I get fired, well he gets a shot to earn his $$ this year..
            My question was If he plays good this season, meaning earns his contract in 2010. Will you harp on 2009?

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37

And if he does well in the 3-4, it just shows how dumb this FO WAS for drafting a guy who fits a different system.
              Fixed it for you. The Bills have a NEW FO if you haven't heard.

Comment

• ChanGailey
                Veteran Zoner
                • Jan 2010

Listen, I hated that Maybin held out and I certainly hated what I saw on the field last year, especially when I turn on ESPN and see Orakpo making huge plays.

But I think we can all agree that we're all hoping Maybin DOES play well in the 3-4.

It certainly suits him better. Let's just hope he works hard and puts on a few more pounds and can get after the QB.

Bryce Paup wasn't huge or overly talented. But he was quick, worked hard, played smart.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Always move on. It's really counter-productive to continue to worry about the past.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• M
                    • Aug 2006

I'll always hold it against Maybin for holding out. He played for basically one year in college and thought he was all that and a slice of toast? Please. I still hold it against Whitner for holding out (and I think he only held out for 2 weeks).
                    Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days
                      Fixed it for you. The Bills have a NEW FO if you haven't heard.
                      We do? Hmmm.... I could have sworn Brandon, Modrak and Overdorf are still here....
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
                        Hey OP, does Washington run a 3-4? Just wondering how Orakpo would do in that formation
                        They play more of a 4-3, but they had a huge hole at LB and two decent DE's, so Orakpo played a lot of SLB this past season. In a 3-4, the OLB tends to float- sometimes standing up and sometimes putting his hand in the dirt. Considering that Orakpo was good as a hand-in-the-dirt DE in college and as a LB for the Skins last season, I suspect he'd be good for the 3-4 as well.

But, as far as I know he's never played in that D so we don't really know.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

Washington is moving to a 3-4 this year under Haslett so we will be able to make direct comparisons between Maybin and Orakpo as both will play rush OLBs.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                            We play to win the game!
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by CTBills97
                            I'll always hold it against Maybin for holding out. He played for basically one year in college and thought he was all that and a slice of toast? Please. I still hold it against Whitner for holding out (and I think he only held out for 2 weeks).
                            Would you hold it against Phillip Rivers if he was a Bill? He had one of the longest holdouts and had Brees in front of him.

Comment

• M
                              • Aug 2006

Would you hold it against Phillip Rivers if he was a Bill? He had one of the longest holdouts and had Brees in front of him.
                              Yep. I detest hold-outs. Don't care who they are.
                              Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

Working...
                              X