PDA

View Full Version : Nix and Gailey

kelly2reed4six
02-10-2010, 11:54 AM
How would you rate these two up to this point?

I will admit that I was pretty upset after the Gailey hiring, but "on paper" this guy has been doing quite a job thus far IMO. Call me a sucker if you will, but I feel much more confident right now than I have at any point in the last decade!

I am very excited to see what transpires through free agency and the draft...

After the hiring of the strength and conditioning coaches, I would give these guys a solid "B" overall. They've already started to recognize problems and have started to make improvements. If these guys can pull out a solid free agency/draft I'm going to have a hard time not getting at least a little bit excited for next season! Call me a sucker....that's just how I feel.

But anyway, what would be your grade so far?

justasportsfan
02-10-2010, 11:58 AM
not enough data to make a grade.

Nublar7
02-10-2010, 12:10 PM

I will admit that I was pretty upset after the Gailey hiring, but "on paper" this guy has been doing quite a job thus far IMO. Call me a sucker if you will, but I feel much more confident right now than I have at any point in the last decade!

After the hiring of the strength and conditioning coaches, I would give these guys a solid "B" overall. They've already started to recognize problems and have started to make improvements. If these guys can pull out a solid free agency/draft I'm going to have a hard time not getting at least a little bit excited for next season! Call me a sucker....that's just how I feel.

But anyway, what would be your grade so far?What exactly have they done?

OpIv37
02-10-2010, 12:17 PM
All they've done is hire a few assistant coaches. There hasn't been a FA period or a draft yet, let alone an actual game.

It's way too early to make a judgment one way or another.

bigbub2352
02-10-2010, 12:24 PM
I would say plucking a QB coach from the CFL, a no name DC and a OC that is really a piss on is not the most impresive staff in the world
That being said it looks more and more like Nix was either handcuffed again by RW cause he is on the hook for loser skeletor for another 6 mil which in my opinion is what happened and we went the cheap route on staff and HC

i am more impressed with the addition of Whaley then anything else, at least it shows that we seen a need to brign a fresh set of eyes at the very least

all and all i would give it a D- try not to by into all the media brainwash about this staff
i hate to say it cause i am a Bills fan and want so hard to give them a chance and i guess yet again i have to

Jan Reimers
02-10-2010, 12:34 PM
I like their experience and track records. That's all we have to go on for now.

better days
02-10-2010, 12:38 PM
I give Nix credit for Brohm if he pans out or not. Hey it was worth the shot.

Night Train
02-10-2010, 12:55 PM
not enough data to make a grade.

Agreed

They just started dating. :crush:

dasaybz
02-10-2010, 01:14 PM
What exactly have they done?

In case you missed it, they hired a bunch of guys. Did you not get the memos or something?

Buddo
02-10-2010, 01:34 PM
I like the way they are going about things. Basically, they seem to be saying they are going to get the people they want, and couldn't give a rat's arse whether or not anyone knows, or likes, them.
I don't think there's any question about 'cheaping out' in respect of the coaching staff etc. Pretty much most of the people Gailey has brought in, he knows from past employment.
I think it's also likely, that the guys they have brought in, will be the 'good teachers' that Nix wants. I thought it was a telling comment that Nix made, in one of his pressers, that he wanted 'good teachers' as coaches, for the simple reason that you have to get guys ready quicker, in the days of FA, than you used to have to.
I also like the fact that they tried to get Nolan as DC ( even though they failed, as the Fins got in first).
I don't believe you can make any realistic assessment of what has been done thus far. What I can say, is that so far, the approach taken, I'm capable of accepting, and reasonably favourably.
One observation I will make, is that there seems to be a fairly firm pragmatism that is shared by Nix and Gailey, and sentimentality isn't part of that. If they think something is to the benefit of the team, it will happen.

DesertFox24
02-10-2010, 02:11 PM
I would say plucking a QB coach from the CFL, a no name DC and a OC that is really a piss on is not the most impresive staff in the world
That being said it looks more and more like Nix was either handcuffed again by RW cause he is on the hook for loser skeletor for another 6 mil which in my opinion is what happened and we went the cheap route on staff and HC

i am more impressed with the addition of Whaley then anything else, at least it shows that we seen a need to brign a fresh set of eyes at the very least

all and all i would give it a D- try not to by into all the media brainwash about this staff
i hate to say it cause i am a Bills fan and want so hard to give them a chance and i guess yet again i have to

I disagree with you on this, all name coordinators start with no name at one point. Also it was well documented that the wish list candidates were not interested in the gig.

I like this staff better than the one Jauron put together that is for sure.

Bosco
02-10-2010, 02:32 PM
I have to "look at the films" before I would make a comment. :D

SABURZFAN
02-10-2010, 02:42 PM

But anyway, what would be your grade so far?

i'll let you know after free agency and the draft.

SABURZFAN
02-10-2010, 02:47 PM
In case you missed it, they hired a bunch of guys. Did you not get the memos or something?

in other words, they really haven't done anything yet.

bigbub2352
02-10-2010, 02:51 PM
I disagree with you on this, all name coordinators start with no name at one point. Also it was well documented that the wish list candidates were not interested in the gig.

I like this staff better than the one Jauron put together that is for sure.

i understand what u r saying, but plucking guys from college and KC mite not b the answer either, look at the staffs Greg Williams, Mike Mularkey and Skeletor put together mostly no names and look how that turned out

like i said gotta except it give them the benefit of the doubt, and hope and pray we are active in FA... cause we need alot of depth and talent upgrade on this roster

i do like whaley move alot

jamze132
02-10-2010, 05:05 PM
They have hired a bunch of other no-name people. Having said that, in keeping with OBD tradition, they have received an A+ from Ralphie.

The Jokeman
02-10-2010, 07:33 PM
I like their experience and track records. That's all we have to go on for now.
The only thing I've noticed in Gailey's track record is he seems to get his teams to win in the regular season but come post season they struggle. Yet I guess we should be happy to be on the better side of 0.500 and in the playoffs these days.

In terms of Nix, he does seem to have a good evaluator of talent I just hope it continues and not hindered by Ralph Wilson's track record.