• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

UFL NT Wendell Bryant

The bust from Cards. I recall he got a tryout from Buffalo last year but ended up in UFL. He would be a nice option, very low risk. If he stinks, cut him. I heard he played well versus those lesser talents like Losman. It is a nice story if he really turned his life around and plays hard. Another NT option.
    Bryant was cut by the Cardinals in 2005 after being suspended for a year due to a positive drug test.

Clean and sober for nearly a year, Bryant emphasized that he's determined to prove himself.

"I got a second chance by the grace of God and this 12-step program," Bryant said from his home in Phoenix. "I've been able to come to a place of peace now. All I wanted was a second chance and I got what I wanted. Now, I've got to show and prove myself.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ond-chance.php
    Last edited by Dude; 02-10-2010, 09:11 PM. Reason: please don't plagarize other sites' content
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Re: UFL NT Wendell Bryant

i would take a flyer on him better than mccargo
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

What are his measurements. If I remember he was a small quick guy. Does that fit the 3-4?

Comment

• Ed
        Dude
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
        What are his measurements. If I remember he was a small quick guy. Does that fit the 3-4?
        Yeah, I didn't think he was a 3-4 NT, but I could be wrong. Maybe he could play DE though, I don't know. Either way I like his determination and it couldn't hurt to at least bring him to camp or spring OTA's.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
          We play to win the game!
          • Oct 2009

Not sure. He is 6'5 303. Is that big enough?

Comment

• streetkings01
            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
            for a 3-4 DE he's perfect.
            You can call me streetkings

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83

i was going to say 6' 4" 310 but you could be right.
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Don't bother with this scrub. We have guys like Stroud, Williams, and Johnson to play 3/4 DE. At least they have been in the league. We need a Nose tackle like Kris Jenkins!

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                  • Feb 2009

We'd be more successful plugging Kyle Williams in there than Byrant. Sorry I'll pass.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Pass. I'll take my chances on a young guy over a reclamation project.

I wish him the best, though.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Liverpoolkev
                      • Aug 2004

If he is a Play maker then bring him in ..................its obvious that we have too few of them other than Stroud on the front seven

Comment

• DrGraves
                        • Mar 2008

its sad when a franchises fans have to scour for scrub ufl players because we know its ownership refuses to spend money on real players to compete. **** you ralph.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DrGraves
                          its sad when a franchises fans have to scour for scrub ufl players because we know its ownership refuses to spend money on real players to compete. **** you ralph.
                          You know Doc in most cases where the cost is a factor I would agree but this is not one of those cases. I beleive that some true football players are in the "Farm League" they just didnt get the exposure or made a bad choice and didnt make the cut.

If he is willing to work and he has the roght attitude he might end up being a solid filler for the D Line. Not saying lets start him but if he is comparable to what we have on the bench now might as well sign him and see what comes of it.

IMO... What can it hurt... he sounds like he'd be so happy to be given a shot he might do ti for next to nothin
                          @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Liverpoolkev
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Hemlepp53
                            You know Doc in most cases where the cost is a factor I would agree but this is not one of those cases. I beleive that some true football players are in the "Farm League" they just didnt get the exposure or made a bad choice and didnt make the cut.

If he is willing to work and he has the roght attitude he might end up being a solid filler for the D Line. Not saying lets start him but if he is comparable to what we have on the bench now might as well sign him and see what comes of it.

IMO... What can it hurt... he sounds like he'd be so happy to be given a shot he might do ti for next to nothin
                            The truth is Ralph actually do spend money but with brandon ,littman,overdorf they spent the money on the wrong people you cant give D.Dockery a 49 million $ contract, you can give kelsay 7 million schoebal 8million for that matter Lee Evans 9 million the Bills are ranked higher than the Patriots,Chargers and Baltimore in spending.They was ranked 12th in league......That my friend is all overdorf-the contract guy ...brandon the so called GM and littman the money guy. The front office I hope will never us like they did the past 10 years with their ignorance

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

I wouldn't mind signing him. I think there is nothing wrong with signing players who for whatever reason had to play at a lower level of competition for whatever reason, especially someone who was a fairly high draft choice. If he is 6'4" or 6'5" he may be able to add 30 lbs of muscle without too much difficulty. The biggest question I have is his apparent need to be close to family, which is not a bad thing for him. If his family is out west, he may look for an opportunity to play for a west coast team rather than Buffalo.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X