PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Van Den Bosch

Mahdi
02-10-2010, 02:59 PM
I think he would be a great signing for a 2 year stint. He had an off year but I really think he could flourish at this point in his career as a 3-4 DE much like Justin Smith did in his conversion to the 3-4 in SF.

KVB is 278 pounds right now but he has the type of body that adds weight easily. I think he can add 5-7 pounds and be an excellent player for us. He is a hard worker, very strong and would give us a pass rush from the DE position.

At 31 I don't think he would command a huge contract either.

hydro
02-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Good replacement for the spot that Schobel might leave.

Mahdi
02-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Schobel would be a OLB in the 3-4 not a DE. Van Den Bosch and Schobel could actually play off each other assuming Schobel doesn't retire.

hydro
02-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Schobel would be a OLB in the 3-4 not a DE. Van Den Bosch and Schobel could actually play off each other assuming Schobel doesn't retire.

I don't see Schobel being athletic enough to be a OLB. I bet he retires or though unlikely gets traded.

The Jokeman
02-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Kind of ironic that we drafted Schobel 12 picks after Vanden Bosch and Aaron's played 24 more games and put up 36 more sacks then his potential "replacement". That said I'm not sure Kyle fit in as 3-4 DE as usually you want guys in the 300 lb range.

Mahdi
02-10-2010, 07:48 PM
I don't see Schobel being athletic enough to be a OLB. I bet he retires or though unlikely gets traded.
I don't think so either but I am sure that if doesn't retire or get traded he will get first crack at the job.

The Jokeman
02-10-2010, 07:59 PM
I think he would be a great signing for a 2 year stint. He had an off year but I really think he could flourish at this point in his career as a 3-4 DE much like Justin Smith did in his conversion to the 3-4 in SF.

KVB is 278 pounds right now but he has the type of body that adds weight easily. I think he can add 5-7 pounds and be an excellent player for us. He is a hard worker, very strong and would give us a pass rush from the DE position.

At 31 I don't think he would command a huge contract either.
Vanden Bosch has 42.5 career sacks, 25.0 of them came in two seasons meaning he averaged a little less than 3.0 sacks in his other six seasons. I'm not sure he's a great pass rusher. Granted you don't need that from a 3-4 DE but I'd prefer a guy with 3-4 experience.

TrEd FTW
02-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Vanden Bosch's success came from playing next to Albert Haynesworth. He was nothing before Haynesworth and is clearly nothing after Haynesworth. No thanks.