PDA

View Full Version : ESPN First Draft PodCast

DesertFox24
02-10-2010, 03:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?id=4902613&autoplay=1&callsign=ESPNRADIO

McShay lays in Clausen really makes you not want to draft him. Also the stuff he says about Clausen's abilities remind me a lot of his brothers.

Night Train
02-11-2010, 05:41 AM
That was a great listen. Thanks for finding that.

Notice at the 24 + minute mark, Kiper ( who keeps pushing Clausen to Buffalo ) says he still could see Buffalo picking a LT ( I hope they do ) at #9 and then looking at Central Michigans' Dan Lafevre in Round 2. I understand the thinking but don't know if he's actually on the radar either.

McShay listens more to the actual scouts, who tell him this is NOT a great QB class at all.

This is why I'd rather seek a Vet QB, prior to the draft to compete with Brohm. Look for your blue chip QB in the next draft. Concentrate on LT and the Front 7 on D, with the 3-4 switch supposedly coming.

X-Era
02-11-2010, 05:51 AM
That was a great listen. Thanks for finding that.

Notice at the 24 + minute mark, Kiper ( who keeps pushing Clausen to Buffalo ) says he still could see Buffalo picking a LT ( I hope they do ) at #9 and then looking at Central Michigans' Dan Lafevre in Round 2. I understand the thinking but don't know if he's actually on the radar either.

McShay listens more to the actual scouts, who tell him this is NOT a great QB class at all.

This is why I'd rather seek a Vet QB, prior to the draft to compete with Brohm. Look for your blue chip QB in the next draft. Concentrate on LT and the Front 7 on D, with the 3-4 switch supposedly coming.

Were going to have a top 5 pick next year to get that blue chip QB? That's where they usually go.

methos4ever
02-11-2010, 06:32 AM
And I can verify for you that Clausen at least once after a touchdown during the Pitt game taunted Coach Wannstedt and company(was at that one), as well as the Hawaii bowl and the Stanford game last year, which was shown on the tele. In fact, he went around after the Stanford game and almost caught a "Blount punch" because he was smiling like a Cheshire Cat while saying "good game" to people derisively.

Skills or not, he has the douchebaggery of a top ten pick down at least...

Night Train
02-11-2010, 07:17 AM
And I can verify for you that Clausen at least once after a touchdown during the Pitt game taunted Coach Wannstedt and company(was at that one), as well as the Hawaii bowl and the Stanford game last year, which was shown on the tele. In fact, he went around after the Stanford game and almost caught a "Blount punch" because he was smiling like a Cheshire Cat while saying "good game" to people derisively.

Skills or not, he has the douchebaggery of a top ten pick down at least...

Clausens poor behavior was mentioned by McShay and Mayock recently stated he's done that stuff at least a dozen times in games, which has many teams not even considering him. They believe he's a spoiled kid in the worst way. Ugh !

DesertFox24
02-11-2010, 07:21 AM
Clausen has some ability and reminds me a lot of the antics that Phillip Rivers does.

I am not sure I really want any of these QBs to be honest, but if we took Clausen or Bradford I would not be pissed about it as I think both have a good shot at being top 15 QBs in the league. Which will not win Super Bowls but will get you to playoffs.

That being said I hope we get some decent FAs depth so we do not have to draft for need and can get a good player regardless of position.

I do really like the DL prospects in this draft and I think we need to draft 3 DL 2 OL (1 OT and 1 Interior), and then I would spend the rest on LBs and best availables.

DesertFox24
02-11-2010, 07:26 AM
Also LBs are a dime a dozen folks good ones come out every year, but it is not always a great DL draft especially for 34 teams and this is what this is. We need to thank our fortunes for that and draft DL heavy.

To be honest if every pick we made this year was OL, DL, and LBs I would not be disappointed at all.

Lastly if you guys have ITunes you can go to the pod center and find that pod cast and it will automatically download every week.

Raptor
02-11-2010, 08:11 AM
McShay is by far and away the worst draft "guru" out there. I love his revisionist view of history too. Clausen "pushing a BC player in post game interviews" , uuumm sorry Todd but Clausen went up to congratulate that BC player and the BC player starting mouthing off and putting his finger in Clausen face at which point Clausen started telling him to go **** himself. I remember because that was the exact moment I said this is who I want to be my QB

and the underclassmen argument? Really? The guy has more starts in a pro style offense as a Junior than most college QB's do as a senior

Bottom line McShay is a Clown and I really place no value at all on his opinions

WeAreArthurMoates
02-11-2010, 09:28 AM
At least Clausen has an attitude unlike our last qb who would rather be a golfer.

Pinkerton Security
02-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Yeah I listened to this yesterday...Clausen does have more confidence than most, but as someone said above, so does Phillip Rivers and thats what makes Rivers so good...confidence and drive to be the best. Also, it really seems like most successful NFL QB's come from pro-style offenses, and Clausen has that advantage as well.

DraftBoy
02-11-2010, 11:09 AM
McShay is by far and away the worst draft "guru" out there. I love his revisionist view of history too. Clausen "pushing a BC player in post game interviews" , uuumm sorry Todd but Clausen went up to congratulate that BC player and the BC player starting mouthing off and putting his finger in Clausen face at which point Clausen started telling him to go **** himself. I remember because that was the exact moment I said this is who I want to be my QB

and the underclassmen argument? Really? The guy has more starts in a pro style offense as a Junior than most college QB's do as a senior

Bottom line McShay is a Clown and I really place no value at all on his opinions

How about we tell the entire story then and not just your own revisionist version. This is the side from Gunnell's point of view;
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Translating-Rich-Gunnell-and-Jimmy-Clausen-post?urn=ncaaf,197988

So, what happened? Here's Gunnell's version:

"In the beginning of the game, we were warming up, running on the field and [Clausen's] out there chirping and talking all this trash and he pushed, I think, Justin Jarvis. He just pushed him for no reason, and I just looked at him like, 'What are you doing? Who do you think you are?

"He's just sitting there still talking and then afterward, he was trying to be all friendly. I was like, 'I don't want to hear it now.'

"It just rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't like what he did. It just seemed like he was a little fake toward the end of the game because they won. I know if it was the other end of the stick, he'd probably be saying the same thing to me."

Ive heard that the reports of the trask talking and chirping are confirmed but the Justin Jarvis push is not.

Rich Gunnell is a very clean cut kid, who has no character issue so if he says this is what happened Im much more inclined to believe him then Clausen who has a history of mouthing off, getting into physical altercations and being a dumbass.

Raptor
02-11-2010, 12:41 PM
How about we tell the entire story then and not just your own revisionist version. This is the side from Gunnell's point of view;
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Translating-Rich-Gunnell-and-Jimmy-Clausen-post?urn=ncaaf,197988

Ive heard that the reports of the trask talking and chirping are confirmed but the Justin Jarvis push is not.

Rich Gunnell is a very clean cut kid, who has no character issue so if he says this is what happened Im much more inclined to believe him then Clausen who has a history of mouthing off, getting into physical altercations and being a dumbass.

If he shoved a kid pre game a camera would have caught it because thats all the cameras do before a game is scan the field while they adjust there equipment. As far as Gunnell goes for someone who's a clean cut kid and didnt appreciate trash talking on the field he sure did a lot of it after the game when Clausen was trying to leave it on the field

In any case this is even better than I thought. I love the ****yness about him reminds me of Rivers and a young Farve. I want a QB with Balls who's willing to get in peoples faces. I loved watching a player like W.Sapp come running down through the opposing teams stretch routine pre game while at Tampa. Add his attitude, that Tenuta said was great to his physical skill and he's the player I want at 9

Pinkerton Security
02-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Also, i hate McShay (not sure if its just personal, but something about him rubs me the wrong way)......i like Kiper 1000X more, and I dont really like Kiper much either so thats saying something.

DraftBoy
02-11-2010, 02:48 PM
If he shoved a kid pre game a camera would have caught it because thats all the cameras do before a game is scan the field while they adjust there equipment. As far as Gunnell goes for someone who's a clean cut kid and didnt appreciate trash talking on the field he sure did a lot of it after the game when Clausen was trying to leave it on the field
In any case this is even better than I thought. I love the ****yness about him reminds me of Rivers and a young Farve. I want a QB with Balls who's willing to get in peoples faces. I loved watching a player like W.Sapp come running down through the opposing teams stretch routine pre game while at Tampa. Add his attitude, that Tenuta said was great to his physical skill and he's the player I want at 9

I didnt know you were a lip reader?

Neither Gunnell nor Jimmy said Gunnell talked trash. They both said that Gunnell said that he called Jimmy a phony. So where is this trash talk exactly?

Raptor
02-11-2010, 04:10 PM
I didnt know you were a lip reader?

Neither Gunnell nor Jimmy said Gunnell talked trash. They both said that Gunnell said that he called Jimmy a phony. So where is this trash talk exactly?

Pointing in his face and yelling...I'm sure those were words of encouragement .... Class act clearly

DraftBoy
02-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Pointing in his face and yelling...I'm sure those were words of encouragement .... Class act clearly

As I said and that was confirmed by both Clausen and Gunnell, he called him a phony. I dont know why you choose to ignore this fact and are trying to shine Gunnell in a such a bad light, but I guess that's your prerogative. It doesn't change the actual facts of what happened.