PDA

View Full Version : McShay's mock is on Insider

jamze132
02-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Has us drafting Bradford since all the DTs and OTs worth taking in the first are off before we pick.

I hope we do not draft Bradford!

Dying_-2-_Live
02-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Trust me... You want us to draft Bradford!

scartown
02-10-2010, 04:54 PM
I would be surprised if Bradford is on the board at 9.

X-Era
02-10-2010, 04:57 PM
I would be surprised if Bradford is on the board at 9.

Neither would I... and I have zero issue with taking him if he shows he can throw just fine after his injury.

SquishDaFish
02-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Id take Bradford

BuffaloBlitz83
02-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Knowing our past. As everyone gets excited, they announce The Bills have traded the pick for Mike Vick lol

elltrain22
02-10-2010, 05:01 PM
I'd be down for Bradford!!

ChanGailey
02-10-2010, 05:02 PM
No, we don't.

FlyingDutchman
02-10-2010, 05:07 PM
ill throw up if we draft a QB that early. i dont care that it is a need, no QB is worth drafting that high. I really wish people here would watch more college football

BillsWin
02-10-2010, 05:15 PM
CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

Ed
02-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Can someone post the top 8 picks before us? Thanks.

SABURZFAN
02-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Has us drafting Bradford since all the DTs and OTs worth taking in the first are off before we pick.

same thing was said last year. Michael Oher and Alex Mack had good seasons for their clubs. i'm tired of hearing that s**t.

ByrdsTheWord
02-10-2010, 06:40 PM
ill throw up if we draft a QB that early. i dont care that it is a need, no QB is worth drafting that high. I really wish people here would watch more college football

I guess you would never draft a QB like Peyton Manning that high? wow.:doh:

WeAreArthurMoates
02-10-2010, 07:20 PM
We most certainly will take a qb if there on the board. That means the good LT's are gone and McClain as well. Frankly, I like what both qb prospects bring so it doesn't bother me which one we get.

FreddyEvans2283
02-11-2010, 05:19 AM
Can someone post the top 8 picks before us? Thanks.
Maybe you should pay the money?

I'll post the picks but not his explanations.

1.) STL - Gerald McCoy DT OKLA
2.) DET - Ndmaukong Suh DT NEB
3.) TB - Jason Pierrce-Paul DE USF
4.) WAS - Anthony Davis OT RUT
5.) KC - Russel Okung OT OKST
6.) SEA - Bryan Bulaga OT IOWA
7.) CLE - Eric Berry S TENN
8.) OAK - Trent Williams OT OKLA

Night Train
02-11-2010, 05:45 AM
Those top 10 picks will be altered drastically after the Indy Combine.

I'm not buying into any mock drafts right now.

Don't Panic
02-11-2010, 06:33 AM

Would be nice to be at 5 if that was the case...

ddaryl
02-11-2010, 07:32 AM
I find it really hard to beleive 4 OT's are going to be drafted in the top 8...

Jan Reimers
02-11-2010, 07:36 AM

Four OTs will not be taken in the first eight. And if there are, a number of great players - including McClain, Bryant and Morgan - will be available at nine.

clumping platelets
02-11-2010, 08:11 AM

That's his top 8?

McClain :up:

BillsMan80
02-11-2010, 11:17 AM
For the umpteenth time, QB is a much more drastic need than LB. This team has 2capable 3-4 inside backers in Mitchell and Poz. This team has a grand total of ZERO capable NFL QBs. All the QBs on this roster would be better served in the Arena league.

FlyingDutchman
02-11-2010, 11:26 AM
For the umpteenth time, QB is a much more drastic need than LB. This team has 2capable 3-4 inside backers in Mitchell and Poz. This team has a grand total of ZERO capable NFL QBs. All the QBs on this roster would be better served in the Arena league.

buddy, we're not blind to the fact that a QB is needed. The reasons for not wanting to draft a QB that high has been stated many times by many people so im not going to be redundant. Either you agree with it or you dont. I will repeat my opinion however which is i am not impressed by 1 QB coming out this year, and i am a degenerate college football gambler who watches a lot of college football. We needed a safety the year we drafted Whitner, would you agree or disagree that the 8th overall pick was too high to take someone with his obvious limited skills?

BillsMan80
02-11-2010, 11:34 AM
buddy, we're not blind to the fact that a QB is needed. The reasons for not wanting to draft a QB that high has been stated many times by many people so im not going to be redundant. Either you agree with it or you dont. I will repeat my opinion however which is i am not impressed by 1 QB coming out this year, and i am a degenerate college football gambler who watches a lot of college football. We needed a safety the year we drafted Whitner, would you agree or disagree that the 8th overall pick was too high to take someone with his obvious limited skills?

That's not the case this year...there are 2 proven college quarterbacks who were extremely productive in college that have the chance to be difference makers at QB. If we pass on either of them if they are there, we will continue to show why this team is an absolute joke of a franchise.

DraftBoy
02-11-2010, 11:39 AM
That's not the case this year...there are 2 proven college quarterbacks who were extremely productive in college that have the chance to be difference makers at QB. If we pass on either of them if they are there, we will continue to show why this team is an absolute joke of a franchise.

Proven? You've seen either of them throw since their surgery?

Until then they haven't proven anything.

FlyingDutchman
02-11-2010, 11:59 AM

do you watch college football? not trying to be a jerk, serious question.

FlyingDutchman
02-11-2010, 12:05 PM
This team has a grand total of ZERO capable NFL QBs.

same with this draft. ill give you average at best, but i dont want to spend a high draft pick on an average at best NFL QB

THATHURMANATOR
02-11-2010, 12:15 PM

Why wouldn't you want Bradford, ESPECIALLY if all the good DTS and OTs were off the board?

THATHURMANATOR
02-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Proven? You've seen either of them throw since their surgery?

Until then they haven't proven anything.
Good point I would hope for a good Combine or pro day from both.

BillsMan80
02-11-2010, 12:41 PM
do you watch college football? not trying to be a jerk, serious question.

Um, yeah, I watch every weekend. I saw two Quarterbacks in Bradford and Clausen who were extremely productive in college who are no worse than the two Quarterbacks that went at 1 and 5 overall last year. In fact if Bradford came out last year, he probably would have been the #1 pick OVER Stafford and Sanchez. I am sorry if Jake Locker and Ryan Mallett don't exactly get the pulse racing because those two have proven even less than Bradford and Clausen.

FlyingDutchman
02-11-2010, 12:42 PM
In fact if Bradford came out last year, he probably would have been the #1 pick

ok, now i KNOW you dont watch college football

Pinkerton Security
02-11-2010, 12:54 PM
same with this draft. ill give you average at best, but i dont want to spend a high draft pick on an average at best NFL QB

I appreciate what you're saying, but your logic in this argument is that NO Qb is worth taking in the top 10??? Sorry but that doesnt make sense at all. Now, if you were saying FOR US it isnt worth it, maybe that I can understand, but flat-out saying that no one should ever draft a QB in the top 10 is ridiculous and false.

Pinkerton Security
02-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Why wouldn't you want Bradford, ESPECIALLY if all the good DTS and OTs were off the board?

Because hes a one or two read QB, has never had to fully survey the field, and QBs like that rarely seem to flourish in the NFL. There's obviously no guaranteeing a guy from a pro-style offense will flourish either (Leinart, for example), but seems that guys from pro-style offenses in college perform better at the pro level than guys in spread packages.

BillsMan80
02-11-2010, 01:10 PM
ok, now i KNOW you dont watch college football

And prove to me that you watched college football...it was known knowledge that Bradford had a chance to be the #1 pick in the draft last year and pretty much every expert has Bradford in their Top 10 or Top 5. Kiper, McShay, anybody. So that proves to me that you DON'T watch college football.

FlyingDutchman
02-11-2010, 02:08 PM
I appreciate what you're saying, but your logic in this argument is that NO Qb is worth taking in the top 10??? Sorry but that doesnt make sense at all. Now, if you were saying FOR US it isnt worth it, maybe that I can understand, but flat-out saying that no one should ever draft a QB in the top 10 is ridiculous and false.

yup buddy thats exactly what im saying and ill stick by it. we'll find out come draft day

FlyingDutchman
02-11-2010, 02:11 PM
And prove to me that you watched college football...it was known knowledge that Bradford had a chance to be the #1 pick in the draft last year and pretty much every expert has Bradford in their Top 10 or Top 5. Kiper, McShay, anybody. So that proves to me that you DON'T watch college football.

well i guess i see where your info comes from Kiper. enough said,what a surprise. youre probably one of those people who would like to take tebow in the first round also. im sorry man, use your head, you really think if someone is going to be the number 1 overall pick, they are going to go back to school? for what? to improve their draft status for more money? i could give a rip what mel kiper says

BillsMan80
02-11-2010, 02:13 PM
well i guess i see where your info comes from Kiper. enough said,what a surprise. youre probably one of those people who would like to take tebow in the first round also. im sorry man, use your head, you really think if someone is going to be the number 1 overall pick, they are going to go back to school? for what? to improve their draft status for more money? i could give a rip what mel kiper says

Yeah ok, Tebow in the first round...I wouldn't touch Tebow as a QB with a 10 foot pole...and go grab any article from last year regarding Bradford. He was just as highly regarded as Stafford and Sanchez. Bradford will be a stud in this league. It would be a shame if we let him go somewhere else if we have the chance to draft him.

FlyingDutchman
02-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Yeah ok, Tebow in the first round...I wouldn't touch Tebow as a QB with a 10 foot pole...and go grab any article from last year regarding Bradford. He was just as highly regarded as Stafford and Sanchez. Bradford will be a stud in this league. It would be a shame if we let him go somewhere else if we have the chance to draft him.

look im not going to continue this, ive stated my opinion and ill stick by it. all i can say is, stop using other peoples opinions of players to form your own

FlyingDutchman
02-11-2010, 02:29 PM

and let me clarify something. there very well may be a QB drafted in the top 10, but yes no QB is worth a top 10 pick imo. these guys will get eaten alive in the NFL

Ed
02-11-2010, 02:30 PM

No thanks. I don't think espninsider has anything that is worth paying for.

FlyingDutchman
02-11-2010, 02:35 PM

you also never answered my question. if you thought a player was going to go #1 or even in the top 5 for that matter, in your opinion, do you think they would go back to school

BillsMan80
02-11-2010, 02:51 PM
you also never answered my question. if you thought a player was going to go #1 or even in the top 5 for that matter, in your opinion, do you think they would go back to school

It's not me so I can't really say...Locker although he would have been and in my opinion still will be a monumental bust, would have gone in the Top 5 and arguably would have gone #1 overall had he come out this year, so there's a guy who went back to school even though he would have been a high draft pick. Guys go back for different reasons all the time. Bradford, Gresham, almost all of Oklahoma's guys came back so it's likely after losing to Florida, they wanted to give it a run at a National Championship.

And I don't base my opinion of Bradford off of experts, I base it off of what I saw which was one of college football's most productive quarterbacks who made plays and made the players around him better.

FlyingDutchman
02-11-2010, 03:22 PM
It's not me so I can't really say...Locker although he would have been and in my opinion still will be a monumental bust, would have gone in the Top 5 and arguably would have gone #1 overall had he come out this year, so there's a guy who went back to school even though he would have been a high draft pick. Guys go back for different reasons all the time. Bradford, Gresham, almost all of Oklahoma's guys came back so it's likely after losing to Florida, they wanted to give it a run at a National Championship.

And I don't base my opinion of Bradford off of experts, I base it off of what I saw which was one of college football's most productive quarterbacks who made plays and made the players around him better.

fair enough ill respect your opinion. i know i said he'll get eaten alive in the NFL, but i got carried away i dont really mean that. i dont think hes a BAD qb by any means, just not worthy of a top 10 pick, and def not worth our pick

jamze132
02-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Because we have no idea what we have in Brohm. Why pay $30M+ for a rookie QB from THIS draft class? It's pure madness as none of these QBs have the "it" factor. And I doubt Bradford or Clausen are any better than Brohm.

I say we focus on getting the friggin lines fixed before drafting a 1st rd QB andf paying him millions and millions only to be ruined by ****ty O-line play. Besides, next years QB class projects to be better and deeper. I say we go after one then if we find out Brohm can't handle the NFL. But I think everyone will be suprised if Brohm gets his chance.