PDA

View Full Version : Still want Vick??

M
02-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Vick admits to laziness and complacency in Atlanta.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Vick-admits-to-laziness-and-complacency-in-Atlan?urn=nfl,218771

No thanks.

SABURZFAN
02-10-2010, 05:29 PM
he wasn't too lazy to kill dogs.

no thanks. :down:

YardRat
02-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Never wanted him anyway.

Joe Fo Sho
02-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Still want Vick??

More than anything we have on this roster.

DrGraves
02-10-2010, 05:32 PM
hell yea i want him... he's better than anything we got. simple as that.

Philagape
02-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Just makes him even more worthless than he already is. I'd want Fitzpatrick first, or even Brohm to get playing time.

Ed
02-10-2010, 05:39 PM
I'm sure some people will see this as even more reason to sign him. "He was so good with the falcons and he wasn't even trying! Now he'll actually try with the Bills and be even better!" Whatever. I worked security part time at the Georgia Dome when I used to live in Atlanta. Not only was he lazy, but he was a total a-hole too. No one is going to win anything with this loser. Please let's not be desperately stupid.

Joe Fo Sho
02-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Yeah, let's keep going with Losman/Edwards/Fitzpatrick...

Hope Brohm doesn't follow that trend.

OpIv37
02-10-2010, 05:48 PM
hell yea i want him... he's better than anything we got. simple as that.

The problem with this mentality is that it doesn't reflect reality. The choices aren't only Michael Vick and what we already have. There are plenty of other options.

This team can do better than Vick.

christhebillsfan783
02-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Please let's not be desperately stupid.

LOL isn't that what being a bills fan is?

Philagape
02-10-2010, 06:01 PM
I don't understand what some people don't get about the fact that players who turn 30 can't run as fast as they did in their mid-20s.

The ONLY thing that made Vick dangerous was his running speed.

That's it.

Without that, he's nothing but a backup. He's always been a crap passer, and now that's what he's reduced to.
And now that he's no longer a freak runner, defenses won't have to account for that, meaning his passing will be even less effective.

Just forget about anything he's done before. That's history and will never come back.

soapman
02-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Yes I do, next....

OpIv37
02-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Vick is the typical "band-aid on cancer" move. He's not smart, he relies too much on his athleticism which is fading with age, and he makes too many mistakes.

This team desperately needs a franchise quarterback. Vick isn't even close to one.

Nighthawk
02-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Just makes him even more worthless than he already is. I'd want Fitzpatrick first, or even Brohm to get playing time.

Ehh...you may not like him, but to say that you'd prefer a proven, incompetent QB like Fitz to Vick is really stretching to make your point.

The Natrix
02-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Vick is a huge piece of ****. So many people hate him. I for one care about class. If the Bills got Vick they would be about as classy as Oakland and Miami.

No thanks

Lexwhat
02-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Michael Vick aside, "laziness" and "complacency" are words that can describe about 75% of our roster.

Donte Whitner, anyone?

Philagape
02-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Ehh...you may not like him, but to say that you'd prefer a proven, incompetent QB like Fitz to Vick is really stretching to make your point.

What's the difference between them right now?

Mobility? Fitz had a better running average last year.
Passing? Vick has the arm but Fitz has better decision making and accuracy.

As a passer, Vick is just as proven incompetent as Fitz. The only difference between them was Vick's freak athleticism, which he no longer has.
Four years ago, sure, Vick was an easy choice, but now it's a wash.

OpIv37
02-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Michael Vick aside, "laziness" and "complacency" are words that can describe about 75% of our roster.

Donte Whitner, anyone?

How could you say that about Whitner, man? The dude's a leader- he let McKelvin crash on his couch. This team needs leaders like that.

/sarcasm

Lexwhat
02-10-2010, 06:31 PM
How could you say that about Whitner, man? The dude's a leader- he let McKelvin crash on his couch. This team needs leaders like that.

/sarcasm

Haha -- I been right there with you since Day 1 on Whitner. Thought you remembered?

I wouldn't be surprised if Whitner is traded this off-season. I hope Nix/Gailey do a big time roster turnover.

Michael82
02-10-2010, 06:32 PM
I never wanted that ****ing scumbag! So nothing has changed for me. :up:

sdbillsfan2
02-10-2010, 06:35 PM
For me , this was the most reavealing line, in Vick's own words.

"There was a lot more I could have done off the field and in the film room that could have elevated my game to a different level," Vick said. "I was complacent at the time, somewhat lazy, and I settled for mediocrity. I thought what I was doing was enough."

So, Vick by his own admission was nothing more then mediocre . This coupled with his character equals a big No Thanks from me! case closed .

lmcshadow
02-10-2010, 06:53 PM
wHAT KIND OF WORLD WOULD THIS BE IF WE DIDNT GIVE SECOUND CHANCES....SOMETIMES LIFE IS A BUNCH OF TRIALS AND ERORR..VICK ADMITS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE WAY HE DID THINGS,,,AND NOW :boost: WANTS TO DO THEM BETTER...

RockStar36
02-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Depends.

If the choices are Vick, Brohm, Fitzpatrick, or Edwards...then yes I do.

lmcshadow
02-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Depends.

If the choices are Vick, Brohm, Fitzpatrick, or Edwards...then yes I do.
Can you smell what the Rock is Cookin

Liverpoolkev
02-10-2010, 08:33 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Vick-admits-to-laziness-and-complacency-in-Atlan?urn=nfl,218771

No thanks.Hell yea

tampabay25690
02-10-2010, 09:58 PM
YES I want him still...
Guy has something to prove and a LAZY Mike Vick took ATlanta to the playoffs...

BertSquirtgum
02-10-2010, 10:14 PM
i still say he is better than any qb on the roster at this current point in time. however, i do not care either way what happens. if they get him? cool, let see what he's got in training camp and then release him if he sucks.

TigerJ
02-10-2010, 10:15 PM
Never did.

ByrdsTheWord
02-11-2010, 01:14 AM
OMG...DID I NOT BRING THIS TOPIC UP A COUPLE WEEKS AGO? I FORGOT WHAT IDIOT I WAS ARGUING WITH BUT I'VE BEEN SAYIN HE GOT BY ON HIS ATHLETIC ABILITIES ONLY. He NEVER worked hard to be a good QB. MAYBE YOU GUYS SHOULD START LISTENIN TO ME A BIT MORE OFTEN.

You guys need to keep up with me.

better days
02-11-2010, 03:53 AM
I have never been a Vick fan & would never want to see the Bills trade even a 7th rnd pick for him. That statement though shows a maturity level he has finally reached. Sadly some NFL players mature too late to have the career they could have had. Trent Dilfer made a similar statement around the time he retired.

Jeff1220
02-11-2010, 07:58 AM
I am not for bringing him in, but not against it either. Depends on who else is available to the Bills.
I believe in second chances and this article isn't showing us that Vick is still the same person he was in Atlanta - just the opposite. It's showing us that he realizes his faults and flaws and wants to correct them his second time around.

ddaryl
02-11-2010, 08:05 AM
The fact is he was complacent before his prison stint... He may be motivated now, but he'll return to his old complacent but now older self.

His motivation was purely getting back into the limelight, and now that he is there he will slide back inot his comfort zone.

I'm all for Vick having his 2nd chance in life. But he should have never been allowed back into the NFL... that was the mistake. He was a convicted felon, that should have been more then enough to assure he never played NFL football again.

So much for sending a message to players that being a felon will not be tolerated... The only message sent was we'll re-instate you as soon as your time is up....

as for vick to the Bills.. I think there are about 4-5 billion people in this world who I would prefer over Vick as a QB in Buffalo

EDS
02-11-2010, 08:30 AM
For me , this was the most reavealing line, in Vick's own words.

"There was a lot more I could have done off the field and in the film room that could have elevated my game to a different level," Vick said. "I was complacent at the time, somewhat lazy, and I settled for mediocrity. I thought what I was doing was enough."

So, Vick by his own admission was nothing more then mediocre . This coupled with his character equals a big No Thanks from me! case closed .

This guy makes Billy Joe Hobert look like a student of the game.

Michael82
02-11-2010, 10:29 AM
The fact is he was complacent before his prison stint... He may be motivated now, but he'll return to his old complacent but now older self.

His motivation was purely getting back into the limelight, and now that he is there he will slide back inot his comfort zone.

I'm all for Vick having his 2nd chance in life. But he should have never been allowed back into the NFL... that was the mistake. He was a convicted felon, that should have been more then enough to assure he never played NFL football again.

So much for sending a message to players that being a felon will not be tolerated... The only message sent was we'll re-instate you as soon as your time is up....

as for vick to the Bills.. I think there are about 4-5 billion people in this world who I would prefer over Vick as a QB in Buffalo
:hi5:

justasportsfan
02-11-2010, 10:34 AM
wHAT KIND OF WORLD WOULD THIS BE IF WE DIDNT GIVE SECOUND CHANCES....SOMETIMES LIFE IS A BUNCH OF TRIALS AND ERORR..VICK ADMITS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE WAY HE DID THINGS,,,AND NOW :boost: WANTS TO DO THEM BETTER...

I'm all for giving people a second chance. But Vick wasn't anything special as a qb which is why I don't really care for him to come here.

Bill Cody
02-11-2010, 11:19 AM
I think there are about 4-5 billion people in this world who I would prefer over Vick as a QB in Buffalo

LLoyd: What do you think the chances are of a guy like you and a girl like me... ending up together?
Mary (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000452/): Well, Lloyd, that's difficult to say. I mean, we don't really...
Lloyd (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000120/): Hit me with it! Just give it to me straight! I came a long way just to see you, Mary. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?
Mary (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000452/): Not good.
Lloyd (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000120/): You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?
Mary (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000452/): I'd say more like one out of a million.
[pause]
Lloyd (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000120/): So you're telling me there's a chance... *YEAH!*

TheBrownBear
02-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Sounds like he's finally accepting responsibility for all his faults and mistakes. That's a big step forward and could possibly indicate a more mature Vick. I don't care one way or another about him - or if he does or doesn't come to Buffalo, but I don't get the outrage over this story. This isn't anything that NFL people weren't saying for years about Vick's time in ATL.

Beebe's Kid
02-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Sounds like he's finally accepting responsibility for all his faults and mistakes. That's a big step forward and could possibly indicate a more mature Vick. I don't care one way or another about him - or if he does or doesn't come to Buffalo, but I don't get the outrage over this story. This isn't anything that NFL people weren't saying for years about Vick's time in ATL.

Nice post.

If you possess the ability to be a compassionate human being for 10 seconds, consider what he has been through. He was on top of the world. Doors opened for him, people fell all over themselves, etc. and he barely had to try. Why? Because he is an extremely gifted athlete.

Who MV is never really mattered to his adoring fans...all that mattered was what MV did, although fans don't really take a lot of time to see that objectively.

If you were in your early twenties, and made multiple millions of dollars, and were on Madden, etc, all without even having to try, why would you?

Right? Maybe not, but if nobody ever taught you any better, you would never know. In fact, our whole society is based on/brainwashed into "do less, get more."

So, then a guy that is treated like a king, and basically lives in a fantasy, crashes...and burns. He had all of this drawn out in the public eye. Then he was incarcerated... Those kinds of experiences do change people.

I am not advocating Vick for the Bills, I woiuld deal with it he if he came, but he is not one of my top options.

I am just saying, quit being intolerant, and try to walk in his shoes for a few seconds. I can hear it now..."I was never a dog killing millionaire QB," I know, but you are a person, and have feelings, and are capable of making mistakes. I am a dog lover, but know plenty of people that don't care about dogs, probably has something to do with the fact that my family always had dogs that everybody loved. MV's family probably fought dogs for a lot longer than his Bad Newz thing was going on, so he never really thought of them any other way. Not right, but it is what happened.

For MV to come out and say this, to say "You still want him?" is an asinine question. Do I want somebody that now has the maturity to admit errors in their judgement and own them, and try not to make them again? Yes. Yes. and **** Yes.

This statement wasn't "I've never tried before, and won't try now...I don't really need to try." It's more of "Man, it took a lot of ****, but I realize how much I took for granted, and how much I wasted. It's time to turn it up and live like I should have. I am not bragging about what I have done, or am I happy about it. I do accept it and have learned a great amount about life and myself."

Again, I don't want Vick to be our QB, but not because of this quote, or his poor decisions in the past. That is reaching, and if somebody can't forgive him and, not feel bad for, but empathize with another human being....I feel worse for them than I do Vick. I think this boy has finally become a man, he took a hard, controversial road, but he has been "the guy" his whole life. They only way to get him over himself was for him to bottom out, and he did so, to an epic proportion.

ByrdsTheWord
02-11-2010, 01:01 PM
LLoyd: What do you think the chances are of a guy like you and a girl like me... ending up together?
Mary (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000452/): Well, Lloyd, that's difficult to say. I mean, we don't really...
Lloyd (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000120/): Hit me with it! Just give it to me straight! I came a long way just to see you, Mary. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?
Mary (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000452/): Not good.
Lloyd (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000120/): You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?
Mary (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000452/): I'd say more like one out of a million.
[pause]
Lloyd (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000120/): So you're telling me there's a chance... *YEAH!*

lol

Beebe's Kid
02-11-2010, 01:03 PM
OMG...DID I NOT BRING THIS TOPIC UP A COUPLE WEEKS AGO? I FORGOT WHAT IDIOT I WAS ARGUING WITH BUT I'VE BEEN SAYIN HE GOT BY ON HIS ATHLETIC ABILITIES ONLY. He NEVER worked hard to be a good QB. MAYBE YOU GUYS SHOULD START LISTENIN TO ME A BIT MORE OFTEN.

You guys need to keep up with me.

OMG, you are, like lightyears ahead of everybody. ROFLMAO, if you could put together a logical sentence and get your caps lock under control you'd be on the right track.

ByrdsTheWord
02-11-2010, 01:06 PM
OMG, you are, like lightyears ahead of everybody. ROFLMAO, if you could put together a logical sentence and get your caps lock under control you'd be on the right track.

were you the idiot i was arguing with? hmmmm.

Bill Cody
02-11-2010, 02:00 PM
If you possess the ability to be a compassionate human being for 10 seconds, consider what he has been through.

I have and I can feel a tear welling up now. But I have a lot more compassion for the dozens of dogs he slaughtered.

If you were in your early twenties, and made multiple millions of dollars, and were on Madden, etc, all without even having to try, why would you?

I don't know....wait I DO know....because I'm not a self absorbed sack of ****? Yeah that's why. Drew Bledsoe was once in the position you describe. He CHOSE to start a national program to help parents become better parents instead of electrocuting dogs as a hobby. We all have choices.

So, then a guy that is treated like a king, and basically lives in a fantasy, crashes...and burns. He had all of this drawn out in the public eye. Then he was incarcerated... Those kinds of experiences do change people.

1) If OJ "found religion" I still wouldn't want the Bills to hire him as a peanut vender. A "mistake" is cheating on your girlfriend. Murdering dozens of dogs isn't a "mistake". IMO it's the behavior of a sociopath.

2) As a Christian I can forgive Vick and not wish him bad luck. That doesn't mean I want him wearing our laundry. Tell me how you know for sure he's changed? You can't and even if he has why in hell to want HIM as the face of our franchise? We don't have enough problems with low self respect in Buffalo already?