3rd Cam Thomas NT

4th Eric Norwood OLB

Nighthawk
02-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Who's going to QB your team?

BuffaloBlitz83
02-10-2010, 08:44 PM

Trent or Brohm. I don't believe in any QB after Bradford. I rather fix the defense and protect the QB. Give a QB a chance to survive. If neither does the job, draft a QB next season. Not high on this crop. If you want to bring in Vick to sell seats till you groom a QB i'm okay, but I rather not draft one in this class.

DrGraves
02-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Well your picks don't matter then.... if your QB sucks your team sucks. Simple as that.

Trent or Brohm. I don't believe in any QB after Bradford. I rather fix the defense and protect the QB. Give a QB a chance to survive. If neither does the job, draft a QB next season. Not high on this crop. If you want to bring in Vick to sell seats till you groom a QB i'm okay, but I rather not draft one in this class.

ByrdsTheWord
02-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Theres no way Cam and Norwood are going to be there that late in the draft.

BuffaloBlitz83
02-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Well your picks don't matter then.... if your QB sucks your team sucks. Simple as that.

Wrong. Sanchez was clueless and played worse than any QB in NFL. Jets have a top 5 OL. Jets were 1 game away from SB. We never gave a QB a chance to survive. How long will Claussen survive behind Bell? How long before he loses confidence? We need to fix the OL, and Build a defense. We can get a QB next year. We're not a contender or will we be in 1 year.

Ginger Vitis
02-10-2010, 09:57 PM
I give it a solid B

Canadian'eh!
02-10-2010, 09:58 PM
spikes won't be there in round 2 either.

tampabay25690
02-10-2010, 10:00 PM
spikes won't be there in round 2 either.

Depends...
If he is there in the 2nd he would be a great grab for the BILLS..........

Canadian'eh!
02-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Depends...
If he is there in the 2nd he would be a great grab for the BILLS..........

He would, but he won't be there... he goes low 1st at the latest. If not it will be in the first 2-3 picks int he 2nd. I suppose his suspension might hurt him.

BuffaloBlitz83
02-10-2010, 10:10 PM
He would, but he won't be there... he goes low 1st at the latest. If not it will be in the first 2-3 picks int he 2nd. I suppose his suspension might hurt him.

You never know, look at Everette Brown

TigerJ
02-10-2010, 10:20 PM
If they are all there when you want to pick them, that's a good draft. Buffalo will pick up someone at QB whether in free agency or the draft or via trade. It won't necessarily be a given that the acquisition starts. Brohm or Edwards might win a training camp competition.

Mitchell55
02-10-2010, 10:26 PM
I like this better

Trade down
Get a 3rd

1st- LT/Campbell
2nd- Cody
3rd- Lefevour
3rd- Neal DE/DT- 3/4 DE, 4-3 DT

ByrdsTheWord
02-11-2010, 01:15 AM
I like this better

Trade down
Get a 3rd

1st- LT/Campbell
2nd- Cody
3rd- Lefevour

shhhhhhhh. please. :loser:

kernowboy
02-11-2010, 04:11 AM
I like this better

Trade down
Get a 3rd

1st- LT/Campbell
2nd- Cody
3rd- Lefevour

Why are people still interested in Mr Man Boobs who will be out of the league in 2-3 seasons?

If you look at several starting NTs they have all been taken in Round4 or lower.

Cody is a waste of a draft pick

YardRat
02-11-2010, 04:47 AM
I'm OK with skipping QB and getting an NT on day 2.

DesertFox24
02-11-2010, 07:31 AM
Spikes is going to run in the high 4.6 to 4.7 range and is going to slip because of his speed and range issues. He is not suited for a 43 and will be a better fit in 34 teams because of his range issues. As a result I see him in second round or even slipping to the 3rd.

Cam Thomas if we are lucky to still have him on the board when we pick in the second need to snatch him up in a heart beat. This guy is the perfect 34 LE for us, and would be our version of Ngata. He is tall enough and quick enough to be an effective end, and this would give us Marcus, Johnson, Williams, Denney/Kelsay as our other ends.

ddaryl
02-11-2010, 07:34 AM

How about a FA QB

there is a good chance we don't take a QB in the draft... and even if we did draft a rookie I doubt that rookie would start much if at all in 2010

ParanoidAndroid
02-11-2010, 07:40 AM
1st Baluga OT

2nd Brandon Spikes ILB

3rd Cam Thomas NT

4th Eric Norwood OLB

I like it simply because it addresses the need to flip the defense and protect the QB.
However, Spikes and Thomas are likely both gone by those picks....but, you never know, maybe Buffalo finds some luck.
Also, Baluga is a species of whale.... you mean Brian Bulaga.

Jan Reimers
02-11-2010, 07:53 AM
Bryan "Caviar" Baluga.

THATHURMANATOR
02-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Wrong. Sanchez was clueless and played worse than any QB in NFL. Jets have a top 5 OL. Jets were 1 game away from SB. We never gave a QB a chance to survive. How long will Claussen survive behind Bell? How long before he loses confidence? We need to fix the OL, and Build a defense. We can get a QB next year. We're not a contender or will we be in 1 year.
I can't disagree with you totally but IMO this will make us take an additional year as you know the rookie QB we get NEXT year will need a whole year to learn and progress.

I just dont think you should worry too much that every QB will lose confidence like Trent did. We did address our line Majorly last offseason addressing 3 out of the 5 positions. I have confidence that Wood will be back next season. I feel Butler is an adequate RT. That leaves us with 1 position to fill. I just can't believe we wouldn't be able to get a LT in Free Agency or in round 2 that could step in. I would also be very happy with our overall depth of the line with Bell, Meredith and Scott all able to step in and play LT or RT.

ChanGailey
02-11-2010, 08:12 AM
I can't disagree with you totally but IMO this will make us take an additional year as you know the rookie QB we get NEXT year will need a whole year to learn and progress.

I just dont think you should worry too much that every QB will lose confidence like Trent did. We did address our line Majorly last offseason addressing 3 out of the 5 positions. I have confidence that Wood will be back next season. I feel Butler is an adequate RT. That leaves us with 1 position to fill. I just can't believe we wouldn't be able to get a LT in Free Agency or in round 2 that could step in. I would also be very happy with our overall depth of the line with Bell, Meredith and Scott all able to step in and play LT or RT.
Listen, I personally think that BuffaloBlitz is a yutz, but the fact is, you can't just draft a QB for the sake of drafting a QB. I just listened to McShay and Kiper say that this is about the worst draft for QB's in a long time.

So what you want to do is just take a QB for the sake of taking a QB, ignore another position of need. Then, when that QB flames out (most do, don't confuse yourself) we'll have to use ANOTHER draft pick on a QB and we'll be kicking ourselves for not addressing the other issue of need.

The fact is, Brian Brohm has just as much upside and potential as ANY QB in this draft. The fact that he's been in the NFL for a couple years and hasn't been thrown to the wolves is a GOOD THING...not a bad thing. It's crazy to me that just because he didn't supplant Aaron Rodgers, probably the best young QB in the league, people think he's toast.

And speaking of Aaron Rodgers. The Bills reached on a QB, like you guys all seem to want to do again, when drafting JP Losman. They had to pay the price to get into position to do it. We could have Steven Jackson or Chris Snee instead, and then the following year with the pick we gave up for Losman, we could have gotten Rodgers.

You take the best players available, if they match a position of need, that's just a bonus. You don't reach on a QB simply because you feel you need a new QB. Especially since none of our QB's had a fair chance to succeed behind a makeshift line of practice squad call ups.

You draft big, strong, and fast. QB next season. Give our guys a chance to compete. IF we go 7-9, then next year we may have a shot at a better QB IE Jake Locker.

The experts all agree, behind Bradford and Claussen (Who I'd rank behind Flacco, Ryan, Sanchez, Stafford) there is a huge dip. We probably won't even have a shot at either one. But the fact still remains, with the 9th pick we need a lineman, on either offense or defense. And that is the higher percentage shot.

THATHURMANATOR
02-11-2010, 08:42 AM
Listen, I personally think that BuffaloBlitz is a yutz, but the fact is, you can't just draft a QB for the sake of drafting a QB. I just listened to McShay and Kiper say that this is about the worst draft for QB's in a long time.

So what you want to do is just take a QB for the sake of taking a QB, ignore another position of need. Then, when that QB flames out (most do, don't confuse yourself) we'll have to use ANOTHER draft pick on a QB and we'll be kicking ourselves for not addressing the other issue of need.

The fact is, Brian Brohm has just as much upside and potential as ANY QB in this draft. The fact that he's been in the NFL for a couple years and hasn't been thrown to the wolves is a GOOD THING...not a bad thing. It's crazy to me that just because he didn't supplant Aaron Rodgers, probably the best young QB in the league, people think he's toast.

And speaking of Aaron Rodgers. The Bills reached on a QB, like you guys all seem to want to do again, when drafting JP Losman. They had to pay the price to get into position to do it. We could have Steven Jackson or Chris Snee instead, and then the following year with the pick we gave up for Losman, we could have gotten Rodgers.

You take the best players available, if they match a position of need, that's just a bonus. You don't reach on a QB simply because you feel you need a new QB. Especially since none of our QB's had a fair chance to succeed behind a makeshift line of practice squad call ups.

You draft big, strong, and fast. QB next season. Give our guys a chance to compete. IF we go 7-9, then next year we may have a shot at a better QB IE Jake Locker.

The experts all agree, behind Bradford and Claussen (Who I'd rank behind Flacco, Ryan, Sanchez, Stafford) there is a huge dip. We probably won't even have a shot at either one. But the fact still remains, with the 9th pick we need a lineman, on either offense or defense. And that is the higher percentage shot.
Bad QB draft of course but I feel that Bradford and Clausen are worthy of a high pick. If both are gone then I am totally on board with LT in the first.

Locker? Go read Ing's write up on the guy. No thanks.

I wouldn't rank Bradford and Clausen behind Flacco, Stafford, AND FOR SURE Sanchez, Even Ryan wasn't sure fire coming out.

Mr. Pink
02-11-2010, 09:01 AM
That's a solid B draft in my opinion.

Spikes would be a great pickup in the 2nd round, don't think he's gonna fall that far.