PDA

View Full Version : And now our coaching staff seems COMPLETE

BILLSROCK1212
02-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Gailey keeps DeMontie Cross on Bills' staff

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 11, 2010 12:12 PM ET
New Bills head coach Chan Gailey is keeping much of the defensive coaching staff he inherited in Buffalo, with the team announcing today that assistants DeMontie Cross, Bob Sanders and George Catavolos will stay with the team.

Cross, who worked the past three seasons as the assistant linebackers and special teams coach in Buffalo, will return in 2010 as inside linebackers coach.

Sanders, who coached the Bills' defensive line last season, will stay on Gailey's staff as the outside linebackers coach. He and Gailey previously worked together on the same Miami Dolphins staff, and Gailey had already said that he'd keep Sanders around, although it wasn't known what role Sanders would have on the staff.

Catavalos will remain in his role as the Bills' secondary coach.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Seems good to me.

DraftBoy
02-11-2010, 11:40 AM
So no Dat Nguyen then...interesting, I dont know much about Cross.

BILLSROCK1212
02-11-2010, 11:42 AM
So no Dat Nguyen then...interesting, I dont know much about Cross.
What I find more interesting is that Bob Sanders will be focusing on Aaron Maybin's and Chris Ellis' transition to OLB and now Giff Smith will be working with the D-line contrary to previous reports.

Roles defined
Bob Sanders was retained as a member of Gailey’s staff, but his role was not specified until now as the club announced that the veteran assistant will coach Buffalo’s outside linebackers in 2010. He served last season coaching the Bills defensive line.

Sanders has coached linebackers before as he was Miami’s linebackers coach for four seasons (2001-04), one in which he and Gailey coached together under Dave Wannstedt.

It’s believed that Sanders will work closely with young pass rushers Aaron Maybin and Chris Ellis, who are likely to be transitioned to outside linebacker in Buffalo’s new defensive scheme.

Giff Smith will be the team’s defensive line coach. He has coached defensive linemen for the majority of his coaching career, though he did coach defensive backs and wide receivers while an assistant at Georgia Southern.

Smith served on Gailey’s Georgia Tech staff as defensive line coach for all six seasons. In 2007 the Yellow Jackets ranked first in the nation in sacks and second in tackles for loss. Smith remained on the Tech staff under Gailey’s successor Paul Johnson, with whom he coached at Georgia Southern.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Bills-add-one-more-assistant/a2c12c7b-7d1f-4503-825d-4238dbf8222f

BILLSROCK1212
02-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Stan Kwan also assistant ST coach as per Gailey's press conference....he's the ex Lions ST coordinator

T-Long
02-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Stan Kwan also assistant ST coach as per Gailey's press conference....he's the ex Lions ST coordinator
just about to post that...yep, can't hurt to bring in another set of eyes. I'm really starting to like the staff he put together.

BILLSROCK1212
02-11-2010, 03:39 PM
just about to post that...yep, can't hurt to bring in another set of eyes. I'm really starting to like the staff he put together.
agreed....and also apparently my title is wrong because Gailey also said we'll add a couple more guys next week

T-Long
02-11-2010, 03:52 PM
I keep refreshing the videos page at bb.com to see if they have the other interviews as well...I'll be pissed if they don't.

evdawg419
02-11-2010, 04:05 PM
I keep refreshing the videos page at bb.com to see if they have the other interviews as well...I'll be pissed if they don't.

I was hoping the same thing. If anything I think it will be a 1 on 1 with Chris Brown because my understanding was that they didn't speak on the podium, but rather with individual groups of reporters.