PDA

View Full Version : Bills finalize staff, Schobel's future unsure

The Spaz
02-11-2010, 12:50 PM
The Buffalo Bills staged a media meet-and-greet with new head coach Chan Gailey and his coordinators Thursday afternoon in Ralph Wilson Stadium.

For the first time since they've been hired, offensive coordinator Curtis Modkins, defensive coordinator George Edwards and special-teams coordinator Bruce DeHaven spoke with reporters.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/10379/bills-finalize-staff-schobels-future-unsure

EDS
02-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Seems like less than the usual number of coaches you would see. Wonder why they demoted Sanders to just outside linebacker coach.

Slim
02-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Seems like less than the usual number of coaches you would see. Wonder why they demoted Sanders to just outside linebacker coach.

Defensive line to outside linebackers isn't really a demotion. Besides, OLB in a 3-4 need to know how to rush the passer, obviously.

ByrdsTheWord
02-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Defensive live to outside linebackers isn't really a demotion. Besides, OLB in a 3-4 need to know how to rush the passer, obviously.

I agree. makes sense to me.

OpIv37
02-11-2010, 01:04 PM
a lot of 0's, 1's and 2's in that "NFL exp. in role" column. Not good.

As far as Schobel, just make a decision before FA begins.

DesertFox24
02-11-2010, 02:11 PM
I have a feeling that Schobel is going to come back this year and see what he can do in this whole 34 thing. He said in a report that he could actually be better in a 34 than a 43.

Plus he is so close to 100 sacks I bet he gets that itch backs and wants to get back to work. I think he is just waiting to see what happens on the offensive side of the ball.

I would be very surprised if at 32 he calls it quits, I think he has 2 or 3 GOOD years left in him.

patmoran2006
02-11-2010, 02:50 PM
The new coaches introduced themselves and made some statements, but it was all very vanilla and in particular Edwards, nothing really was discussed philosophically at all.

BuffaloBlitz83
02-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Trade Schobel for an 3rd or 4th. I don't think he can play OLB

Ingtar33
02-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Trade Schobel for an 3rd or 4th. I don't think he can play OLB

yes... because there are so many 43 DE who wrack up multiple 10+ sacks a season. so lets trade him for a 4th round draft pick. Jason Taylor was traded off an 11 sack season to the Redskins for a 2nd and a 6th; he was 33, one year older then Schobel is now, and talking about quitting football to become a male model or something.

Schobel is 32, coming off a 10 sack season, and by every conceivable measurement the best player in our front 7. you trade Schobel for anything less then a late 2nd/high 3rd and you're getting robbed.

Liverpoolkev
02-11-2010, 08:11 PM
yes... because there are so many 43 DE who wrack up multiple 10+ sacks a season. so lets trade him for a 4th round draft pick. Jason Taylor was traded off an 11 sack season to the Redskins for a 2nd and a 6th; he was 33, one year older then Schobel is now, and talking about quitting football to become a male model or something.

Schobel is 32, coming off a 10 sack season, and by every conceivable measurement the best player in our front 7. you trade Schobel for anything less then a late 2nd/high 3rd and you're getting robbed. Then so be it bye bye :monkeyp: schoebel you soft piece of texas toast....:zapper: