PDA

View Full Version : What the Super Bowl told me

Bill Cody
02-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Is the most important things a QB needs to do are to be accurate and make good decisions. Why was Drew Brees not a 1st round pick? For the exact same reasons Colt McCoy isn't likely to be- too small, average arm strength. But both of these guys are amazingly accurate and both are born leaders. Just a gut feeling but I think 5 years down the road Colt McCoy will be the best QB to come out of this year's draft.

We would need to move up to the end of the first to grab him but I really think we'd be better off snagging a LT like Bulaga at 9 and then move up and grab McCoy at say 31. McCoy completes 70% of his passes and he can make plays with his legs, finds ways to win. I like him.

Mitchell55
02-11-2010, 02:38 PM
McCoys leadership is that of Eli Manning, but worse and his arm strength is less than Pennington. If it wasnt for the offense and Shipley, McCoy wouldnt of been ****

WeAreArthurMoates
02-11-2010, 02:46 PM
I agree, we need a qb but McCoy aint the answer. I'm praying we come away with Bradford, Clausen or LeFevour.

feldspar
02-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Why was Drew Brees not a 1st round pick?

Technically, Brees was picked 32nd, which would have made him a first round pick in today's NFL.

Mitchell55
02-11-2010, 03:01 PM
The great superbowl god said this???

Bill Cody
02-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Technically, Brees was picked 32nd, which would have made him a first round pick in today's NFL.

Bottom first, top 2nd, whatever. That's about where McCoy is going to go.

Bill Cody
02-11-2010, 03:08 PM
McCoys leadership is that of Eli Manning, but worse and his arm strength is less than Pennington. If it wasnt for the offense and Shipley, McCoy wouldnt of been ****

You're wrong on all three counts IMO

Bill Cody
02-11-2010, 03:09 PM
I agree, we need a qb but McCoy aint the answer. I'm praying we come away with Bradford, Clausen or LeFevour.

we'll see won't we

Ron Burgundy
02-11-2010, 03:11 PM
I used to like Colt McCoy, when his name was Colt Brennan.

Mitchell55
02-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Bottom first, top 2nd, whatever. That's about where McCoy is going to go.

Hes a 4th round pick at most

Mitchell55
02-11-2010, 03:13 PM
You're wrong on all three counts IMO

I used to live in texas and watched him all the time. He was on fox all the time and ive seen alot of interviews and everything. As of right now, he is still a highschool QB. Hes essentially the QB from friday night lights.

Throne Logic
02-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Is the most important things a QB needs to do are to be accurate and make good decisions. Why was Drew Brees not a 1st round pick? For the exact same reasons Colt McCoy isn't likely to be- too small, average arm strength. But both of these guys are amazingly accurate and both are born leaders. Just a gut feeling but I think 5 years down the road Colt McCoy will be the best QB to come out of this year's draft.

You should also take into account that Brees was written off by the Chargers after three years of ineffective play. They went so far as to draft a QB with the number one pick (forgetting the messy situation for now) to replace Drew.

There is no way that Buffalo fans give any QB that long to figure things out. If we were to follow the "Drew Brees" path to success, Trent should get at least one more year.

SquishDaFish
02-11-2010, 03:33 PM
I think McCoy will go 2nd - 3rd round prob second. I hope the Bills dont pick him of course.

Demon
02-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Let's make an appearance in the playoffs first before we start talking about what kind of QB we need to win a super bowl..... some of you are really getting ahead of yourselves.

SquishDaFish
02-11-2010, 03:45 PM
I dont think they meant QB to WIN the SB. I think they are talking QB to solidify the position

Bill Cody
02-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Hes a 4th round pick at most

hahahaha

Bill Cody
02-11-2010, 04:16 PM
You should also take into account that Brees was written off by the Chargers after three years of ineffective play. They went so far as to draft a QB with the number one pick (forgetting the messy situation for now) to replace Drew.

There is no way that Buffalo fans give any QB that long to figure things out. If we were to follow the "Drew Brees" path to success, Trent should get at least one more year.

Well he played one game as a rookie. It was really 2 weak seasons before he broke out. I think that's par for the course for young QB's.

Bill Cody
02-11-2010, 04:17 PM
I think McCoy will go 2nd - 3rd round prob second. I hope the Bills dont pick him of course.

of course? of course why?

Bill Cody
02-11-2010, 04:22 PM
I used to live in texas and watched him all the time. He was on fox all the time and ive seen alot of interviews and everything. As of right now, he is still a highschool QB. Hes essentially the QB from friday night lights.

No

SquishDaFish
02-11-2010, 05:48 PM
I just dont think hes going to be a great NFL QB plain and simple.

Ingtar33
02-11-2010, 05:54 PM

We would need to move up to the end of the first to grab him but I really think we'd be better off snagging a LT like Bulaga at 9 and then move up and grab McCoy at say 31. McCoy completes 70% of his passes and he can make plays with his legs, finds ways to win. I like him.

no thank you. Clearly you've not "watched" McCoy play, you know, "quarterback" if this if what you're advocating.

I don't mind his arm (though it is weak). and i don't mind his throwing technique from the waist up. It's his reading of defenses and childishly simple offense that bug me. He's basically a glorified option quarterback. Get a little pressure on him and he turns into Rob Johnson.

I suggest you watch the Texas-Nebraska Big-12 Championship again.

That's pretty much what you can expect from McCoy in the pros... only he'll be worse.

Drew Brees coming out of college was critiqued for his size. Not much else. In fact pretty much every scout was making jokes about that draft class as the top 2 QBs were both smurfs. Brees was roundly praised as the best arm in that draft, while Vick was coveted for his astonishing athletic abilities. No one was praising Brees for his mobility.

That's just a horrible comparison. The best comparison is probably with Kelly Holcomb. In a few years.. with some very hard work, i think Colt McCoy could top out as a Kelly Holcomb clone.

Until i see him throw a 20 yard out i'm not changing my view on him either. I don't think he can throw it at all.