PDA

View Full Version : I've notice that nobody is *****ing about...

Ebenezer
02-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Jochen Hecht this year...guess that's what happens when you have 13 goals...can we officially say he just had a bad year last year?

DMBcrew36
02-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Jochen is the definition of a role player. I'm 'ok' with him. I think he has the potential to be a good leader but he's too quiet.

Nighthawk
02-11-2010, 08:37 PM
No, he pretty much still sucks...I'd much rather have another proven scorer then him and his pussy attitude. He's just another one of the "core" players that hold this team back. Soft, heartless and just plain annoying...when will Darcy finally wake the f**k up and move some of these guys? Has he not learned from the past 3 years that this team doesn't have the guts to be a champion? It is getting so hard to stomach the excuses and talk...the fact is, these guys are not good enough...never have been. If Miller isn't playing out of his mind, then they are average at best.

OpIv37
02-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Hecht hasn't returned to his form of two years ago, but he's definitely playing better. I think Hecht is a decent role player. The problem is that the Sabres have 3 lines worth of "role players" and no true scorers.

BuffaloRanger
02-11-2010, 09:08 PM
3.5 mil a year for a guy that can't score 20 goals? It's like the Darcy Welfare program.

The Sabres should have dumped his salary in the offseason for a 3rd rd draft pick (really anything) to anyone stupid enough to take it. Gerbe or Paetsch could do what he does a whole cheaper.

Darcy is stuck to the "old way" of doing things. Getting equal or better value in each trade. See Max. Couldn't get what he wanted so he held onto a 7 goal scorer. New school is dumping players for what you can get to make room for rookies or cap room to add FAs.

Worst thing about Hecht is that the Sabres are committed to his 3.5 mil salary for the next 2 years.

rbochan
02-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Hecht is a monster along the boards, and when he does give up the puck, he's still tying up 2-3 opposing players.

RockStar36
02-12-2010, 08:22 AM
Hecht has moderately improved from last year, but that's easy to do when he is as awful as he was last year.

He still isn't worth the salary he makes and I'd be all for dumping that salary on to another team.

DMBcrew36
02-12-2010, 08:59 AM
The problem is that the Sabres have 3 lines worth of "role players" and no true scorers.

Yep hah

chernobylwraiths
02-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Hecht is a monster along the boards, and when he does give up the puck, he's still tying up 2-3 opposing players.

What? Did you say monster? WTF game are you watching? There are times that he is OK along the boards, but it rarely results in anything. As a role player, sure he is fine, but he isn't being paid to be a role player. We have enough soft non hitting players on this team already. Hecht, Pomminville or Roy or a combination of these guys should be dealt. They won't be, but they should be.

JD
02-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Hecht has never been the same since he was on a line with Briere and Dumont. He is trade bait imo.

Philagape
02-12-2010, 04:08 PM
*****ing about Hecht is like *****ing about an old pair of socks.

He's the Chris Kelsay of the Sabres.

Mski
02-12-2010, 07:34 PM
anyone ever notice that our roster is made up mostly of ""under achievers""

i think its time to stop blaiming the players and point the fingers where they belong @ Ruff and Regier

DMBcrew36
02-13-2010, 11:09 AM
anyone ever notice that our roster is made up mostly of ""under achievers""

i think its time to stop blaiming the players and point the fingers where they belong @ Ruff and Regier

No. I will continue blaming the players. They're the ones out there playing the games. When we see players out there, not going balls out, or making stupid low-percentage passes that get picked off - that's on them, not Ruff or Regier.

OpIv37
02-13-2010, 07:17 PM
I will say this- Hecht is good on the PK. It seems like on every one, he ends up in the other team's zone with the puck. Usually they aren't great scoring chances, but it does kill time.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-15-2010, 09:09 AM
Once you get use to someone sucking, you just accept it.

SabreEleven
02-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Hecht is having a lot better year than last year but I guess that really isn't saying much.

Nighthawk
02-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Hecht is having a lot better year than last year but I guess that really isn't saying much.

Oh, and this tool said that this team is fine the way they are and doesn't need an upgrade in the player dept....umm, yeah, OK Jochen!

BuffaloRanger
02-16-2010, 04:57 PM
I saw that too. I thought, of course he doesn't want them to make a move, he's the #1 guy they'd like to dump to free up salary to land a decent player .