PDA

View Full Version : Well Im apparently on my way...

DraftBoy
02-12-2010, 11:53 AM
As a few people here know and now you all will, I have been contacted and now contracted by a Corey Chavous's draft site DraftNasty.com to be an independent contract writer for them. This is a big deal because they know of my past work and are impressed with it and being able to work for a former NFL player and Draft Guru himself is truly an honor that will open up a host of new doors.

I have reviewed my contract and there is no exact wording in regards to exclusive rights to my Intellectual Property, which was good because now I can still write for BSD and help out here at the BZ when/if needed. But you can all also read my stuff at DraftNasty when it gets started. Don't worry though I won't be posting a link to every thing I write.

I have to thank most everybody here for reading my stuff, editing it, giving me a shot because they all led to that. I want to name a few people though because the Draft Guide every year is really a team effort, and never just an individual one. So posters like Dr. Lecter, Dozerdog, Shelby, Hydro, NBF, BMN, Rockstar, Ltff, Patmoran, Ingtar, LifetimeBillsFan, TigerJ, Mysticsoto, methos4ever, Devin, RRich and others have all had a big part in helping me shape and put together the guide and there are 1000s of others who took the time to read it, print it out, and enjoy it. As you all know last year X-Era took over the guide and he will continue with that, and he does a great job with it. And Im happy to help him out in anyway I can.

So I know this could be taken as gloating and such but Im really stoked for this new opportunity and wanted to share with you all because its through you guys that I get to write, and get noticed. Next stop to kick Mel Kiper in the nuts!

THATHURMANATOR
02-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Very cool man!!! Great work.

The King
02-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Draft Nasty is a stupid name for a site. But Corey Chavous rules, so congrats!

Maybe you'll get to go on a Vikings cruise!

DraftBoy
02-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Draft Nasty is a stupid name for a site.

Yea well I didn't pick it. I dont care either way about the name, its got connections to ESPN and NFL Network.

:rofl: at the Viking cruise!

Beebe's Kid
02-12-2010, 11:57 AM
That is great! Congrats man! If somebody sees that is gloating, they are the one with the problem!

TacklingDummy
02-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Never heard of Cory Chavous or his site.

Congrats.

Does that mean you are going to disappear again this year when the draft comes?

SeatownBillsFan21
02-12-2010, 12:01 PM
That is pretty darn swett good for you

DraftBoy
02-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Never heard of Cory Chavous or his site.

Congrats.

Does that mean you are going to disappear again this year when the draft comes?

No, because I know how much you'll miss me.

TacklingDummy
02-12-2010, 12:02 PM
No, because I know how much you'll miss me.
Cool, maybe this year we can get past the 7th pick. Kind of sucked that it wasn't continued after you left.

TedMock
02-12-2010, 12:03 PM
As a few people here know and now you all will, I have been contacted and now contracted by a Corey Chavous's draft site DraftNasty.com to be an independent contract writer for them. This is a big deal because they know of my past work and are impressed with it and being able to work for a former NFL player and Draft Guru himself is truly an honor that will open up a host of new doors.

I have reviewed my contract and there is no exact wording in regards to exclusive rights to my Intellectual Property, which was good because now I can still write for BSD and help out here at the BZ when/if needed. But you can all also read my stuff at DraftNasty when it gets started. Don't worry though I won't be posting a link to every thing I write.

I have to thank most everybody here for reading my stuff, editing it, giving me a shot because they all led to that. I want to name a few people though because the Draft Guide every year is really a team effort, and never just an individual one. So posters like Dr. Lecter, Dozerdog, Shelby, Hydro, NBF, BMN, Rockstar, Ltff, Patmoran, Ingtar, LifetimeBillsFan, TigerJ, Mysticsoto, methos4ever, Devin, RRich and others have all had a big part in helping me shape and put together the guide and there are 1000s of others who took the time to read it, print it out, and enjoy it. As you all know last year X-Era took over the guide and he will continue with that, and he does a great job with it. And Im happy to help him out in anyway I can.

So I know this could be taken as gloating and such but Im really stoked for this new opportunity and wanted to share with you all because its through you guys that I get to write, and get noticed. Next stop to kick Mel Kiper in the nuts!
Congrats! You always put a ton of effort into this, so you deserve it. Good luck.

JCBills
02-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Congrats bro.

YardRat
:beers:

Congrats, DB.

DraftBoy
Cool, maybe this year we can get past the 7th pick. Kind of sucked that it wasn't continued after you left.

Don't know if Ill be doing that this year. I would love to don't get me wrong, but it takes mods privledges to close the old thread. Id still love to do it though.

hydro
02-12-2010, 12:06 PM
:bf1: Awesome! Keep up the hard work. You can see it is already paying off!

Dr. Lecter
02-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Is it possible for DraftBoy to have "intellectual property"?

Congrats! I know this is big for you.

Novacane
02-12-2010, 12:09 PM
That's awesome. Congrats man! Is this a paid gig?

WeAreArthurMoates
02-12-2010, 12:11 PM
That's awesome congrats/.

Nighthawk
02-12-2010, 12:14 PM
That is really cool...congrats!

T-Long
02-12-2010, 12:15 PM
You deserve it man. Congrats!

Michael82
02-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Congratulations, DraftBoy! It's well deserved. Hopefully you can keep moving up and eventually replace one of the draft gurus on ESPN or NFL Network someday.

Mahdi
02-12-2010, 12:19 PM

Congratulations. I'm still going to argue with you on every single point! lol.

psubills62
02-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Congratulations, DB! Good luck on the venture, hopefully it leads to the big-time.

P.S. I know I certainly wouldn't mind you having your own thread to post links to your stuff in the Scouting Zone.

FlyingDutchman
02-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Congrats man, best of luck. Tried hit you up with rep but i need to spread the love first apparently

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
02-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Great news, Congrats!

bflojohn
02-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Be very careful with your commentary, because I've always believed that someone like Mel Kiper, Jr. wanted and coveted a front office job in the N.F.L., and literally burned his bridges with his high opinion of himself, from a scouting standpoint. If your goal is to eventually become front office timber, try and tone down the delivery of what you deem as questionable moves. If you keep it measured and true, the scouting community will view it with a better light. Personally, i think N.F.L. executives have relatively thin skin for the work your planning to pursue, so a leg up with a former player might weigh more in your favor! I am thrilled for you and wish you all the success one can achieve in this industry. Mine it for all it's worth, and God Bless!!

Note: One incident for Kiper was with the GM of the Indy Colts, Bill Tobin, about NOT taking Trent Dilfer. He basically said that "the Colts, as an organization" didn't get the draft and the GM shot back that his mailman knew more about the draft than Mel!! Great T.V.. but that is one instance where he put his whole foot into his mouth!! By the way, the pick by Indy was Trev Alberts....

justasportsfan
02-12-2010, 01:01 PM
congrats and goodluck

M
02-12-2010, 01:03 PM
:bf1: Congrats!! I hope you're not going to use your real name. Draftboy has a nice ring to it. ;)

BuffaloRanger
02-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Congrats man. Onward and Upward!

SquishDaFish
02-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Congrats bro. Well deserved :clap:

k-oneputt
02-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Congrats and good luck. Even with our run ins I seriously mean that.

jamze132
02-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Congratulations man!

Just think, in a couple more years, you can quit riding Kiper's coattails!

Make sure you give him a roundhouse to the back of the hair when you meet him...

HAMMER
02-12-2010, 02:44 PM
That is great! Congrats man! If somebody sees that is gloating, they are the one with the problem!

Maybe you haven't been around long enough to hear his incessant gloating about how he knows more than anyone else. But I am happy for you DraftBoy, just keep your monster ego in check.

patmoran2006
02-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Work well.
Opportunity knocks.. ya never know

Demon
02-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Very nice, draftboy... Congrats and best of luck!

BILLSROCK1212
02-12-2010, 03:08 PM
DraftBoy becomes DraftMan

DesertFox24
02-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Congrats man, I have enjoyed reading your stuff the past couple of years and look forward to reading your post on draftnasty.com.

I visit that site every day because I think Corey is doing a great job, especially with bringing to light some of the small school and late round guys.

Congrats again boss.

Hope you still post stuff here.

Buddo
02-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Congratulations, and good luck with it.

ZAZusmc03
02-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Congrats DB, You deserve it.

DraftBoy
02-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Congratulations, DraftBoy! It's well deserved. Hopefully you can keep moving up and eventually replace one of the draft gurus on ESPN or NFL Network someday.

I think Id prefer a NFL FO job over one of those jobs for the moment.

DraftBoy
02-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Congratulations, DB! Good luck on the venture, hopefully it leads to the big-time.

P.S. I know I certainly wouldn't mind you having your own thread to post links to your stuff in the Scouting Zone.

That's up to the admins and such. Im not here to self promote, Im here just to post and have fun.

DraftBoy
02-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Congrats and good luck. Even with our run ins I seriously mean that.

I appreciate it and I dont take anything to heart, its just good discussion is all. If everybody agreed with me all the time this place would be really boring.

Jaybird
02-12-2010, 05:29 PM
congrats my man, have always appreciated your posts!

GOOD THINGS

DraftBoy
02-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Be very careful with your commentary, because I've always believed that someone like Mel Kiper, Jr. wanted and coveted a front office job in the N.F.L., and literally burned his bridges with his high opinion of himself, from a scouting standpoint. If your goal is to eventually become front office timber, try and tone down the delivery of what you deem as questionable moves. If you keep it measured and true, the scouting community will view it with a better light. Personally, i think N.F.L. executives have relatively thin skin for the work your planning to pursue, so a leg up with a former player might weigh more in your favor! I am thrilled for you and wish you all the success one can achieve in this industry. Mine it for all it's worth, and God Bless!!

Note: One incident for Kiper was with the GM of the Indy Colts, Bill Tobin, about NOT taking Trent Dilfer. He basically said that "the Colts, as an organization" didn't get the draft and the GM shot back that his mailman knew more about the draft than Mel!! Great T.V.. but that is one instance where he put his whole foot into his mouth!! By the way, the pick by Indy was Trev Alberts....

I appreciate the comments and I agree, what I post here will differ from what I work on for DN. My role there is strictly scouting and profiles, not commentary. If they want my commentary they are welcome to it, but right now that's not what they want from me, and Im not looking for that currently. Now Ill still give my commentary here, which is the beauty of both worlds. It will be difficult at times to keep the two seperate as Ive seen Pat and others have struggles with it in terms of as posters and with other posters failing to see the difference in the two. Either way I appreciate the good sound advice and well wishes.

DraftBoy
02-12-2010, 05:32 PM
:bf1: Congrats!! I hope you're not going to use your real name. Draftboy has a nice ring to it. ;)

:rofl:

I thought about it!

DraftBoy
02-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Congratulations man!

Just think, in a couple more years, you can quit riding Kiper's coattails!

Make sure you give him a roundhouse to the back of the hair when you meet him...

:rofl:

Im kinda afraid even the strongest roundhouse kick in the world would dent that hair helmet.

DraftBoy
02-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Maybe you haven't been around long enough to hear his incessant gloating about how he knows more than anyone else. But I am happy for you DraftBoy, just keep your monster ego in check.

The ego is part of me, some don't like it some do. I can't change who I am now, just because it turns some off. Besides everybody has an ego, you have one, I have one, everybody does. Some is smaller, some is larger, the point is that I have to ride the horse that got me here, and that's an aspect of it. If I can't be sure in the work that I do and the reports that I post and defend it then I have absolutely no business doing this kind of work.

DraftBoy
02-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Congrats man, I have enjoyed reading your stuff the past couple of years and look forward to reading your post on draftnasty.com.

I visit that site every day because I think Corey is doing a great job, especially with bringing to light some of the small school and late round guys.

Congrats again boss.

Hope you still post stuff here.

He really is and it fits right in with the part of the draft I love which is the sleeper types.

I will continue to post here regularly, and I will still be writing prospect profiles for BSD.

DraftBoy
02-12-2010, 05:36 PM
That's awesome. Congrats man! Is this a paid gig?

Id prefer to not disclose this. But thank you!

bigbub2352
02-12-2010, 05:43 PM

we have had our arguements but i always resepcted your draft analysis, good for you bro keep up the good work

BillsWin
02-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Congrats!

Patti120
02-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Congrats DB! I really rely heavily on your insights and analysis so dont go running off on us!

X-Era
02-12-2010, 06:14 PM

Congratulations!

paranoid
02-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Congratulations. I usually just lurk but always look forward to reading your draft ideas. You have a lot of knowledge and write clearly.

casdhf
02-12-2010, 08:07 PM
One we get you an editor, you'll probably be successful.

hammerbillsfan
02-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Congrats DB! :up: :cheers:

Ground Chuck
02-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Hope it takes them a while to figure out that you don't know anything.

TigerJ
02-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Congrats, Draftboy. Do you have aspirations of going fulltime with football in some capacity?

Tatonka
02-12-2010, 09:30 PM
congrats bro.. no love for me huh.. we did the first BZ draft guide together you bastard!!

:snicker:

Typ0
02-12-2010, 09:37 PM
congrats bro.. no love for me huh.. we did the first BZ draft guide together you bastard!!

:snicker:

Really? Can you send me a copy?

Tatonka
02-12-2010, 10:46 PM
i do actually still have it saved i believe.

tampabay25690
02-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Congrats since I already knew....

LtFinFan66
02-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Congrats DB!!

Night Train
02-13-2010, 05:39 AM
Congrats ! I'd love to do that myself. MY first draft guide was Palmer Hughes, back in 1977.

But being married, having kids and being on-call 24/7 for my job gets in my way of having fun. :rofl:

jamesiscool
02-13-2010, 06:28 AM
Congrats DB, don't be a stranger I always look forward to your insight come draft time!

GO BILLS!

shelby
02-13-2010, 07:18 AM
congratulations Matt!

Jan Reimers
02-13-2010, 08:08 AM
Congratulations, DB. It's great to see your hard work rewarded.

SABURZFAN
02-13-2010, 08:11 PM

congrats. :bf1:

methos4ever
02-13-2010, 08:18 PM
Congrats man. I hope this leads to big time exposure for you!

wmoz11
02-13-2010, 08:33 PM
Haven't been around here long, but from what I've seen, you do great work and have a good mind for this. Congrats!