• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Well Im apparently on my way...

As a few people here know and now you all will, I have been contacted and now contracted by a Corey Chavous's draft site DraftNasty.com to be an independent contract writer for them. This is a big deal because they know of my past work and are impressed with it and being able to work for a former NFL player and Draft Guru himself is truly an honor that will open up a host of new doors.

I have reviewed my contract and there is no exact wording in regards to exclusive rights to my Intellectual Property, which was good because now I can still write for BSD and help out here at the BZ when/if needed. But you can all also read my stuff at DraftNasty when it gets started. Don't worry though I won't be posting a link to every thing I write.

I have to thank most everybody here for reading my stuff, editing it, giving me a shot because they all led to that. I want to name a few people though because the Draft Guide every year is really a team effort, and never just an individual one. So posters like Dr. Lecter, Dozerdog, Shelby, Hydro, NBF, BMN, Rockstar, Ltff, Patmoran, Ingtar, LifetimeBillsFan, TigerJ, Mysticsoto, methos4ever, Devin, RRich and others have all had a big part in helping me shape and put together the guide and there are 1000s of others who took the time to read it, print it out, and enjoy it. As you all know last year X-Era took over the guide and he will continue with that, and he does a great job with it. And Im happy to help him out in anyway I can.

So I know this could be taken as gloating and such but Im really stoked for this new opportunity and wanted to share with you all because its through you guys that I get to write, and get noticed. Next stop to kick Mel Kiper in the nuts!
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Well Im apparently on my way...

Very cool man!!! Great work.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Draft Nasty is a stupid name for a site. But Corey Chavous rules, so congrats!

Maybe you'll get to go on a Vikings cruise!
      Last edited by The King; 02-12-2010, 11:55 AM.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by King Bedard
        Draft Nasty is a stupid name for a site.
        Yea well I didn't pick it. I dont care either way about the name, its got connections to ESPN and NFL Network.

at the Viking cruise!
        COMING SOON...

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
          • Nov 2009

That is great! Congrats man! If somebody sees that is gloating, they are the one with the problem!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Never heard of Cory Chavous or his site.

Congrats.

Does that mean you are going to disappear again this year when the draft comes?

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
              • Mar 2004

That is pretty darn swett good for you

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                Never heard of Cory Chavous or his site.

Congrats.

Does that mean you are going to disappear again this year when the draft comes?
                No, because I know how much you'll miss me.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  No, because I know how much you'll miss me.
                  Cool, maybe this year we can get past the 7th pick. Kind of sucked that it wasn't continued after you left.

Comment

• TedMock
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    As a few people here know and now you all will, I have been contacted and now contracted by a Corey Chavous's draft site DraftNasty.com to be an independent contract writer for them. This is a big deal because they know of my past work and are impressed with it and being able to work for a former NFL player and Draft Guru himself is truly an honor that will open up a host of new doors.

I have reviewed my contract and there is no exact wording in regards to exclusive rights to my Intellectual Property, which was good because now I can still write for BSD and help out here at the BZ when/if needed. But you can all also read my stuff at DraftNasty when it gets started. Don't worry though I won't be posting a link to every thing I write.

I have to thank most everybody here for reading my stuff, editing it, giving me a shot because they all led to that. I want to name a few people though because the Draft Guide every year is really a team effort, and never just an individual one. So posters like Dr. Lecter, Dozerdog, Shelby, Hydro, NBF, BMN, Rockstar, Ltff, Patmoran, Ingtar, LifetimeBillsFan, TigerJ, Mysticsoto, methos4ever, Devin, RRich and others have all had a big part in helping me shape and put together the guide and there are 1000s of others who took the time to read it, print it out, and enjoy it. As you all know last year X-Era took over the guide and he will continue with that, and he does a great job with it. And Im happy to help him out in anyway I can.

So I know this could be taken as gloating and such but Im really stoked for this new opportunity and wanted to share with you all because its through you guys that I get to write, and get noticed. Next stop to kick Mel Kiper in the nuts!
                    Congrats! You always put a ton of effort into this, so you deserve it. Good luck.

Comment

• JCBills
                      • Jan 2010

Congrats bro.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Congrats, DB.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                          Cool, maybe this year we can get past the 7th pick. Kind of sucked that it wasn't continued after you left.
                          Don't know if Ill be doing that this year. I would love to don't get me wrong, but it takes mods privledges to close the old thread. Id still love to do it though.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• hydro
                            • Oct 2005

Awesome! Keep up the hard work. You can see it is already paying off!
                            BERNIAC!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Is it possible for DraftBoy to have "intellectual property"?

Congrats! I know this is big for you.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X