PDA

View Full Version : Pecks Mock Offseason

PECKERWOOD
02-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Free agency:
Ryan Pickett, NT, UFA
Daunte Culpepper, QB, UFA
Richie Incognito, OG, UFA

Trade: Aaron Schobel for the Atlanta Falcons 3rd round pick.

Cut/Walk: Trent Edwards, Brian Brohm, Roscoe Parrish, Ryan Denney, Chris Kelsay, John McCargo, Ashton Youboty.

Draft:
1.) Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
2.) Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida
3.) Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
3.) Dan LeFevour, QB, Central Michigan
4.) Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota
5.) Jay Ross, NT, East Carolina
6.) Clifton Geathers, DE, South Carolina
7.) Matt Kopa, OT, Stanford

My thoughts when taking Bulaga with the 9th pick were simple, it was either him or a quarterback there. We need to take either a top QB or a top LT this year because it would be absolutely boneheaded to neglect both positions by waiting till next year, maiming our FO for 2 years in a row, there would be absolutely no way Gailey would want to take a gamble like that.

jamze132
02-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Why cut Brohm? And why in the hell would we want Culpepper?

PECKERWOOD
02-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Why cut Brohm? And why in the hell would we want Culpepper?

I just don't want any mess left over from last year, Brohm strikes me as a guy with hype similar to Steven Johnson, both have accomplished next to nothing but everybody is enamored with them for some reason. Culpepper on the other hand, I think he is the best UFA at QB, unless we want to trade for Vick or McNabb, but that seems unrealistic to me. I figured we could start Culpepper in the meantime while LeFevour rides the pine for a year to figure things out.

patmoran2006
02-12-2010, 04:16 PM
I cant stand Culppper idea.

But more than that, and this is a question not an opinion.. Is there any real chance that Brandon Spikes is on the board in round two?

jamze132
02-12-2010, 04:46 PM
No way Spikes in around past the 1st.

tampabay25690
02-12-2010, 04:48 PM

But more than that, and this is a question not an opinion.. Is there any real chance that Brandon Spikes is on the board in round two?

Spikes possibly will be there but I doubt it....

EDS
02-12-2010, 04:48 PM

Kindle in the third is a pipe dream too.

JCBills
02-12-2010, 04:52 PM
I just don't want any mess left over from last year, Brohm strikes me as a guy with hype similar to Steven Johnson, both have accomplished next to nothing but everybody is enamored with them for some reason. Culpepper on the other hand, I think he is the best UFA at QB, unless we want to trade for Vick or McNabb, but that seems unrealistic to me. I figured we could start Culpepper in the meantime while LeFevour rides the pine for a year to figure things out.

So you cut Brohm based on board hype?

Brohm was one hell of a college QB, that's about anyone has said.

This is a brutal offseason if that's the mentality/direction taken.

If you don't want any mess you would trade Lynch. I was a massive fan, but another team will cough up a 2nd day pick for him. Schobel to Atlanta for a 3rd is out of nowhere and unlikely. Kyle Williams (due to lack of fit), Donte Whitner, and Lynch are much more likely to be dealt.

JCBills
02-12-2010, 04:53 PM

His stock has slid steadily, just about everyone has him with a 2nd round grade.

Starting with the eye-gouge, ending with in-depth film analysis, a lot of scouts have been turned off by him.

Prov401
02-12-2010, 04:55 PM
The Culpepper idea makes me vomit. To say he's a better UFA option than Pennington is laughable.

Yasgur's Farm
02-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Hate it... OK... I can actually stomache the Culpepper move but hate lettin' Brohm go. IMO, Brohm and LeFevour would be the contestants to our longterm QB solution.

Next... No feckin way we take the 3rd or 4th best LT over any solid help at D such as McClain.

DraftBoy
02-12-2010, 05:43 PM
His stock has slid steadily, just about everyone has him with a 2nd round grade.

Starting with the eye-gouge, ending with in-depth film analysis, a lot of scouts have been turned off by him.

His stock has slip but not sure fire 2nd round slip. Look for Baltimore to take him, he fits them so well. He will do well at the combine and again at personal workouts. The eye gouge will help more than hurt. Teams want players who are going to get a little dirty.

YardRat
02-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Incognito's a RFA.

ZAZusmc03
02-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Reaches or not, I like all the picks. If we could get LeFevour in the 4th id be pretty happy. I think the kid has a lot of upside, and with a good QB coach he could actually be a decent starter for us in a few years.

With that being said, I hate the Culpepper signing. That would make me want to punch babies. (Just joking, I know, horrible humor.)

I know this will come off as a ludicrous statement, But i think after next season and the following, John Brantley from the Gators will be a top prospect in the draft.

PECKERWOOD
02-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Thanks for all the responses, bad and good but I got a question for all those Rolando McClain fanatics here.. Rolando McClain is a good ball player, but when Brandon Spikes is playing at 100%, is there really much of a drop off, if any? Spikes reminds me of David Harris when he was coming out of college, both had somewhat questionable speed and elite athleticism, but both of them were infamous for being able to absolutely lay the lumber down once they got there. I'm not going to lie, the idea of Spikes & Posluszny in the middle gives me a stiffy. I understand the criticism for the Bulaga pick, but the way I feel is, we got to go either QB or LT with the 9th pick and I chose to build up the lines, maybe next year we would be in a good position to take a signal caller, but I don't feel like our line would be capable of protecting Clausen or Bradford , they'd be dead meat behind our line.

Griff
02-12-2010, 08:19 PM
rofl Culpepper.

TigerJ
02-12-2010, 09:18 PM
I don't really want Culpepper and I don't think it makes sense to cut Brohm.

bflojohn
02-13-2010, 02:43 PM
I guess Brian Brohm could be cut, except it won't be until he's played 4 preseason games and bombed! My bet is that he will strike Chan Gailey as a prospect worth some investment of time. Developing a QB is a tough job, some get it, others do NOT! Brian Brohm will "get it" eventually, maybe even in 2010.

X-Era
02-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Free agency:
Ryan Pickett, NT, UFA
Daunte Culpepper, QB, UFA
Richie Incognito, OG, UFA

Trade: Aaron Schobel for the Atlanta Falcons 3rd round pick.

Cut/Walk: Trent Edwards, Brian Brohm, Roscoe Parrish, Ryan Denney, Chris Kelsay, John McCargo, Ashton Youboty.

Draft:
1.) Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
2.) Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida
3.) Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
3.) Dan LeFevour, QB, Central Michigan
4.) Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota
5.) Jay Ross, NT, East Carolina
6.) Clifton Geathers, DE, South Carolina
7.) Matt Kopa, OT, Stanford

My thoughts when taking Bulaga with the 9th pick were simple, it was either him or a quarterback there. We need to take either a top QB or a top LT this year because it would be absolutely boneheaded to neglect both positions by waiting till next year, maiming our FO for 2 years in a row, there would be absolutely no way Gailey would want to take a gamble like that.
Absolutely love the Eric Decker pick!

If he can recover from injury or even look like he will be fine, he would be a fantastic pick for the Bills in round 4. Problem is, hes a 2nd rounder with a shot at round 1 when healthy. He may not last that long depending on his health.

But, hes one of my favorite players in the whole draft.

Love the Spikes pick, LeFevour (I really think he goes in rounds 2 or 3 though), and I like the Bulaga pick as well. This would be a very good draft IMO.

X-Era
02-13-2010, 03:40 PM

Id say yes. But I think he could be grabbed in late 1.

PECKERWOOD
02-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Absolutely love the Eric Decker pick!

If he can recover from injury or even look like he will be fine, he would be a fantastic pick for the Bills in round 4. Problem is, hes a 2nd rounder with a shot at round 1 when healthy. He may not last that long depending on his health.

But, hes one of my favorite players in the whole draft.

Love the Spikes pick, LeFevour (I really think he goes in rounds 2 or 3 though), and I like the Bulaga pick as well. This would be a very good draft IMO.

Thanks for the feedback, I also like Decker. He used to played QB from my understanding and any time you can have a former QB playing WR, it can help with the communication between the QB & the WR.

You're probably right about LeFevour, I've had mocks where I've taken him with our 2nd pick, the only reason I took him so low is because of all the other mock drafts I've seen around where he goes anywhere in the 4th to 5th rounds which is kind of bogus.

I think there is a chance that Spikes lasts until our 2nd pick because of a couple factors: 1.) Spikes is expected to run a poor 40 time, I'm hearing that he runs close to a 4.8 or so which may turn some teams off and 2.) Very solid linebackers have slipped into the early 2nd round over the last couple years or so.

Thanks again, glad you liked my picks! :up:

Tatonka
02-13-2010, 06:29 PM

was thinking the same thing.. half the guys listed on your mock wont come close to being available when we pick at that spot.

that said.. i like the thought behind what your doing.

New Ro's Greatest
02-13-2010, 07:00 PM
Fantastic draft. Kindle won't be there in the 3rd but love it if it came true. Hate the Culpepper pickup. Love the Pickett pick-up. GO BILLS:err: