• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCBills
    • Jan 2010

Da Mock

Trade:

Donte Whitner for a 4th (KC - #99)- Someone in need of safety help would pay an early 4th for Whitner to take a need off of their draft list. Wilson has outplayed him every time he hits the field.

Kyle Williams for a 3rd (CH - #75) - Underrated by fans, Williams finally gets a little recognition this season with a Pro Bowl alternate spot. I love him to death, but I don't think he fits the 3-4 very well. Short arms, 6'1''.....I could be wrong, he could be a monster next season, I just can't think of a position he fits in the new base.

#41 Pick (2nd) + #184 Pick (6th) + 2011 2nd round pick to Cincinnati for #21 Pick.

Draft:

1. (#9) Rolando McClain - ILB - Alabama - 6'3½" 254 Lbs

Poz - McClain would be a dominant duo on the inside. The only player worth the pick here with the defensive base change. People will be screaming for an OT here, but outside of Okung you're looking at hit or miss players, and even then Okung isn't 100% bust proof.

1. (#21) Jerry Hughes - OLB - TCU - 6'1¾" 251 Lbs

The honest truth is we don't have any good LBs outside of Poz, I think Maybin will be able to make the adjustment (playing ROLB), and I honestly see Schobel retiring. Hughes is a possible NFL 3-4 LOLB, TCU uses a 4-2-5, with Hughes basically acting as the strong side LB with his hand in the dirt. They would check to a 3-3-5 or 3-4 at times as well, so he has a good amount of experience standing up. I honestly think if we don't take him, one of the other AFC East teams will, and he'll end up a nightmare for us.

3. (#73) Rodger Saffold - OT - Indiana - 6'4½" 312 Lbs

Saffold had a phenomenal Shrine Game, he was clearly the best offensive lineman in the game, erasing his opponents nearly every play. I still think Jamon Meredith has a very good chance at panning out as a solid NFL LT, but we'll still draft at the position early.

3. (#75) Torrell Troup - NT - UCF - 6'2½" 310 Lbs

I think Troup showed he can anchor against good competition in the Shrine Game if there were an doubters that missed him during the season. Two-gap DT that ate blocks for the nation's #4 run defense. Strong lower body and good use of hands, can ride and split double teams. He's been weighed in at 310 and 314 recently, could add 5-10 lbs but isn't really needed. Possible instant starter.

4. (#99) Dan LeFevour - QB - Central Michigan - 6'3'' 229 Lbs

Four year starter with a lot of W's under his belt. All-around threat, can make defenders miss in space, and shows good but not great throwing mechanics. I also think Brohm has the potential to make a run at the starting position, but like OT we'll still probably draft a QB relatively early. Might be able to get away with taking LeFevour in the 3rd and Saffold in the 4th though.

4. (#105) C.J. Wilson - DE - ECU - 6'3'' 284 Lbs

Wilson showed up at the Senior Bowl weighing 284 lbs and moved well. I talked to Matt McGuire from WalterFootball.com about him, and he said he did well in 1 on 1s during practice. 3-4 RE prospect, he can hold up against the run as well as bring some pressure. Had a very good career at ECU, somewhat of a down year as a senior, but Wilson has 4 years of production under his belt, and has played well against ranked teams. He had a down year, but posted 45.5 TFL and 27 Sacks in his career.

5. (#137)
    Brandon Deaderick - DE - Alabama - 6'4'' 295 Lbs

Experienced 3-4 DE, good prospect for the LE spot. Played 5 days after being shot, that says something haha.

6. (#169) Will update after Combine.

7. (#194) Will update after Combine.

7. (#201) Will update after Combine.

Yeah it's D-heavy, but we simply don't have 3-4 personnel, something along the lines of this puts us in the position to do so.
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Re: Da Mock

1.) I'm not high on Rolando McClain, he is not worthy of being a top 10 pick. People say he is the best LB prospect since Pat Willis, well I disagree. Rolando McClain takes plays off, has trouble shedding blockers and he does not have the elite range that Patrick Willis has. (Pat Willis can chase down NFL WRs, McClain will never be able to do this, he is not on par with that kind of athleticism) F

1.) Good pick, I like Hughes & Washington, TCU put out some nice LB prospects this year, nice choice. A+

3.) Saffold isn't an awful pick and in all actuality, this is a nice pick if you're trying to predict a player that we will draft. We have two new OL coaches with ties to Indiana, so this pick may be very real. I do think that Jared Veldheer may be a better option if you're looking go OT in the 3rd round, he is very raw but he gives Campbell a run for his money as far as athleticism is concerned. I've heard that the guy runs a sub 5.0 forty which is nice for somebody who is 6'8 and 310lbs. I'll give you a C+ for this pick.

4.) I like LeFevour, I watched many of his games at Central Michigan, he has nice scrambling ability and he is accurate while throwing on the run and he has above average arm strength, this is a good pick. A+

5.) Not a flashy pick, but we will need depth along the DL, it fills a need. C+

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
      • Jan 2010

Solid write up. Wouldn't mind this at all.

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Saffold makes sense because his o-line coach is part of the Buffalo Bills staff now.

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
          • Feb 2009

I will be kind of upset if we take LB's with BOTH our first 2 picks... especially if we trade up into the first to do it
          "If you ain't first... You're last"

Comment

• JCBills
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
            1.) I'm not high on Rolando McClain, he is not worthy of being a top 10 pick. People say he is the best LB prospect since Pat Willis, well I disagree. Rolando McClain takes plays off, has trouble shedding blockers and he does not have the elite range that Patrick Willis has. (Pat Willis can chase down NFL WRs, McClain will never be able to do this, he is not on par with that kind of athleticism) F

1.) Good pick, I like Hughes & Washington, TCU put out some nice LB prospects this year, nice choice. A+

3.) Saffold isn't an awful pick and in all actuality, this is a nice pick if you're trying to predict a player that we will draft. We have two new OL coaches with ties to Indiana, so this pick may be very real. I do think that Jared Veldheer may be a better option if you're looking go OT in the 3rd round, he is very raw but he gives Campbell a run for his money as far as athleticism is concerned. I've heard that the guy runs a sub 5.0 forty which is nice for somebody who is 6'8 and 310lbs. I'll give you a C+ for this pick.

4.) I like LeFevour, I watched many of his games at Central Michigan, he has nice scrambling ability and he is accurate while throwing on the run and he has above average arm strength, this is a good pick. A+

5.) Not a flashy pick, but we will need depth along the DL, it fills a need. C+
            I tried to keep it fairly realistic. Nix specializes in scouting the south east, so that's why a lot of the picks came from there.

1. I wasn't initially one of the people clamoring for McClain initially, but with the defensive switch announced, I wouldn't be unhappy with the pick. You don't need to have a P. Willis freak playing 3-4 ILB. He's rough in some areas, but is one of the safer picks in the draft. I don't see another player worth the pick here with who I think will be gone.

1. Yeah I'll absolutely freak out if we draft Hughes because I think that means one thing: strong side. We don't have a player that can fill that spot, and I think Hughes is the most capable out of this draft class.

3. When I saw us signing IU's OL coach I was a little pumped because I already had Saffold on an earlier mock.

4. If LeFevour is here it should be a no-brainer, especially if you saw what type of offense Gailey ran in KC.

5. Yeah not flashy, but probably one of the better 3-4 DEs in the draft that actually has played the position.

Comment

• JCBills
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Dying_-2-_Live
              I will be kind of upset if we take LB's with BOTH our first 2 picks... especially if we trade up into the first to do it
              I would be ecstatic, it would put us in position to have a very young, athletic LB corps all the way across, Maybin - Poz - McClain - Hughes could dominate. Pair that with the secondary, and our defense is well on it's way within the first two picks of the draft.

Comment

• seanbillsfan
                • May 2007

i dont think we could get a 3rd for kyle williams

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                  We play to win the game!
                  • Oct 2009

I hate people that spell The as Da.

Comment

• JCBills
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
                    I hate people that spell The as Da.
                    I don't usually, improper English pisses me off too, but it's a forum thread title, so who cares. :P

I hope people don't form views of hatred based on one word. Seem a little sideways to you?
                    Last edited by JCBills; 02-13-2010, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• JCBills
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by seanbillsfan
                      i dont think we could get a 3rd for kyle williams
                      I'm surprised to see there are still fans that don't know how good he is.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by JCBills
                        I'm surprised to see there are still fans that don't know how good he is.
                        I was thinking he was worth a 2nd, but whatever.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                          We play to win the game!
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by JCBills
                          I don't usually, improper English pisses me off too, but it's a forum thread title, so who cares. :P

I hope people don't form views of hatred based on one word. Seem a little sideways to you?
                          LOL. Da just sounds sooo Anthony Hargrove

Comment

• JCBills
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
                            I was thinking he was worth a 2nd, but whatever.
                            Lol no I agree, he probably is, but I went with 3rd because 2nd would have caused a lot of rage.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

I'm not confident LeFevour will drop to the fourth. Maybe Saffold will go that high, but at least some pundits have him as a later pick, and the Shrine game doesn't on average attract the same level of talent that the Senior Bowl does. Still, he seems to be a good athlete and I wouldn't mind him as a Bill.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X