X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Cornerback not worried about his job security in Ravens' packed secondary

Sitting in front of his locker after a recent Ravens practice, cornerback Alvin Porter toyed with his two-way pager, joked with fellow defensive back Corey Fuller, stretched out his legs and took it easy.

If Porter is concerned with what the arrival of Fuller and the emergence of veteran cornerback Tom Knight means to his status with the team, he's not showing it.

"I don't worry about that. I just go out and play my game, and when my number is called, just go out," Porter said. "I don't worry about who they bring in or who's in front of me. That doesn't bother me at all."

Porter was the first cornerback off the bench last season and ended up starting five games in place of an injured Chris McAlister and a sore Gary Baxter. With the free-agent signing of Fuller and a healthy Knight, who signed with the Ravens in December and did not play because of a leg injury, Porter finds himself down on the depth chart and in a fight to make the team.

more
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
Working...
X