Goodell says the Bills must upgrade their stadium soon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Goodell says the Bills must upgrade their stadium soon.

NFL commissioner says league 'working very hard' to bring a team back to Southern California.

also said that the Bills, who have been targeted by the Majestic Group, would have to upgrade their stadium as well in the near future.
    I am The Batman.
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

Re: Goodell says the Bills must upgrade their stadium soon.

Roger Goodell is a douchebag, ad not just b/c of this. Seriously, you have the most profitable sports league BY FAR, yet you still continue to nickel-and-dime on every issue. He is on a monster power-trip.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Slim
      • Apr 2004

Is he talking new stadium or upgrading the Ralph? Didn't we just put a new screen and sterio system in?

Comment

• BillsWin
        man amongst boys
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Thurmal
        Roger Goodell is a douchebag, ad not just b/c of this. Seriously, you have the most profitable sports league BY FAR, yet you still continue to nickel-and-dime on every issue. He is on a monster power-trip.
        So you don't agree we could use an upgrade on the stadium?

I think it would be a great way to keep the franchise in Buffalo.

And Goodell may be on a "power trip" but he is committed to keeping the Bills in WNY. Believe it or not.
        I am The Batman.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Lets get right on it as soon as Ralph signs a new LONG term lease.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

The team that continues to come up in relocation discussions is the Jacksonville Jaguars, who had about 25,000 empty seats for most home games this season. It's a number that doesn't look to improve with about 17,000 Jacksonville fans opting not to renew their season tickets. Jaguars owner Wayne Weaver has told Goodell he can't have a franchise in the city if attendance continues drop as it has in recent years.

"We know what's going on in [Jacksonville] and what our fans and partners are facing with the economic challenges," Goodell said. "I've spent an awful lot of time with Wayne about what's happening with Jacksonville and how that's affecting the attendance and I think Wayne said it very well, despite the economy and despite other factors you can't continue to have an NFL franchise with 40,000 people in the stadium.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Another possibility may be the San Diego Chargers, who continue to push for a new home while playing in the antiquated Qualcomm Stadium, which was built in 1967 and is the NFL's fourth-oldest stadium. San Diego, which was once a regular destination for the Super Bowl, hasn't held one in seven years and won't until they get a new stadium. The problem is the city is saddled with $179 million in debt and building a football stadium isn't high on the list of priorities for tax payers.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

Paint the end zones back to red, that would be a big enough stadium upgrade for me!

Comment

• Thurmal
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by BillsWin
                  So you don't agree we could use an upgrade on the stadium?

I think it would be a great way to keep the franchise in Buffalo.

And Goodell may be on a "power trip" but he is committed to keeping the Bills in WNY. Believe it or not.
                  Roger Goodell is committed to making money; he could give two ****s about the Bills. When he said it was up to Bills fans' passion to keep the team in Buffalo, I knew he was both clueless and full of crap.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                    We play to win the game!
                    • Oct 2009

Upgrade the stadium and raise prices like every team. A nicer stadium, fans will pay more for added experience. Fans get more mad when prices are raised yet stadium remains same. Just like if a gym raises prices but adds to facility.

Comment

• feldspar
                      • Mar 2007

There are older stadiums than the Ralph, but there isn't an owner older than Ralph. The stadium won't be the deciding factor as to whether the Bills will move or not. Who buys the Bills after Wilson dies will be the deciding factor. But there are plenty of other variables as well, such as the state of other teams, particularly Jacksonville. Having like 25,000 empty seats regularly in your stadium when your team is potentially playoff bound is ridiuculous. Now a HUGE portion of fans aren't going to renew their season tickets? Things are terrible there and going downhill from there. Seems like THEY should be the ones to go. Nobody will even notice or care in Jacksonville. They'll just watch their college teams. I lived in Jacksonville the year the team went 14-2...not very many people cared. That team isn't nearly ingrained into the psyche of the community the way the Bills are in Buffalo...not even close. Send those guys packing.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

the Ralph has been upgraded numerous times in the past 15 years or so, most recently with the HD scoreboard prior to 2007. I personally like it, but it is dated compared to most stadiums around the league. I wonder how many more "upgrades" Goodell will tolerate.

Forcing the Bills to build a new stadium is one step closer to moving out of town.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Thurmal
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          the Ralph has been upgraded numerous times in the past 15 years or so, most recently with the HD scoreboard prior to 2007. I personally like it, but it is dated compared to most stadiums around the league. I wonder how many more "upgrades" Goodell will tolerate.

Forcing the Bills to build a new stadium is one step closer to moving out of town.
                          RWS has character and is a fun place to watch games, unlike all these new generic stadiums. I see that you're from No. VA, so I'm guessing you've been to FedEx Field and know how much a new stadium can suck.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Thurmal
                            RWS has character and is a fun place to watch games, unlike all these new generic stadiums. I see that you're from No. VA, so I'm guessing you've been to FedEx Field and know how much a new stadium can suck.
                            yes, I've been to FedEx, and yes, it sucks. It has some cool features but it has no character and the tailgating simply blows.

I've also been to M&T Bank stadium, where the Ravens play. That stadium is much nicer and more unique than FedEx, but IMO the atmosphere and presentation are over the top and take away from the game.

That's my favorite thing about RWS. Tons of tailgating outside the stadium, and once you go in, it's all about the game.

I don't want a new stadium at all, and I would guess that the majority of Bills fans would agree with that opinion.

But if the NFL thinks they can make more money with a new stadium, than what we want as fans becomes irrelevant.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• feldspar
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37

As long as it's a safe structure, who really cares how modern it is? I don't get it; are we required to be more fashionable or something? Lambeau Field, the home of the Green Bay Packers, was built in 1957. Why don't we move them? Oh yeah, they are owned by the community, which makes it unfair for other teams not to be able to do that.

The Ralph opened in 1973, so it's 16 years newer than Lambeau Field. How come I've never heard one thing about the Packers needing a new stadium? Renovation seems good enough for them, why not us?

Comment

Working...
                              X