PDA

View Full Version : Douche chill call of the night

OpIv37
02-13-2010, 11:11 PM
I was just watching NHL On the Fly and they showed Ray Whitney's goal against NJ.

In a piss-poor Rick Jeanerret impression, the Carolina anouncer goes "They scoooore! Everybody Loves Raymoooond!"

:douchechill:

I guess the joke's on him, since there's a good chance this will be Whitney's last game in one of those horrid Carolina jerseys that represent all that is evil and wrong.

G Wolly
02-14-2010, 12:43 AM
When we played one of the West Coast teams a few weeks ago I think it was LA, the announcer impersonated RJ stating it as an "homage" but it sounded insulting to me.

BlackMetalNinja
02-14-2010, 08:00 AM
Had to have been John Forslund... He annoys the living hell out of me. Instead of ever talking about making saves, he always says something along the lines of "Cam says NO!". Repeated ad nauseum, it's one of the worst things imaginable. He's good when just calling the game, but it's when he gets all excited that he is unbearable.

hydro
02-14-2010, 08:19 AM
Someone rated this one star? :rofl:

Cleve
02-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Someone rated this one star? :rofl:

Now I couldn't resist! :)

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-15-2010, 09:08 AM
Everyone loves raymond? FAIL

chernobylwraiths
02-16-2010, 06:33 AM
Almost everybody is going to pale in comparison to RJ, especially if you are a Sabres fan. If the announcer has excitement when calling the game, that is good IMO as I can't stand the Pat Summerall style of calling a game with no emotion whatsoever. I'm sure there are fans of other teams that would do an :rolleyes: if they heard "top shelf where mama hides the cookies!"