PDA

View Full Version : Bills are 3rd in Gosselin's ST Rankings

methos4ever
02-14-2010, 10:45 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/021410dnspospecialteams.3df2052.html

That's a nice feather in the cap for Bobby and a great start for DeHaven...

Tiburon1724
02-15-2010, 09:40 PM
3 of the worst teams in the league are the top 3 in special teams, haha! Could the significance of ST be overrated? :O

BillsWin
02-15-2010, 09:53 PM
3 of the worst teams in the league are the top 3 in special teams, haha! Could the significance of ST be overrated? :O

Let's just ask Parrish and McKelvin. Who's two fumbles cost us two games this season. :whistle:

Typ0
02-15-2010, 10:02 PM

No, those are just teams who suck trying to grasp at straws that will make a difference so they can win a game.

G Wolly
02-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Jon Gosselin?

:mehmeh:

Syderick
02-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Bobby April was a good coach.

Jan Reimers
02-16-2010, 07:22 AM
I don't think having a good team and having good special teams are mutually exclusive.

Typ0
02-16-2010, 11:22 AM
I don't think having a good team and having good special teams are mutually exclusive.

They aren't. However, ST players are only on the field a small fraction of the time of O & D yet offer game changing chances. Teams that are lacking in talent overall are usually younger because they have either lost the talent they had, failed to acquire FA, or drafted poorly. They have more younger players cutting their teeth on special teams and are more willing to put better seasoned players on the squad because they need to do something to try and win games. Highly talented teams are more focused on O & D because it provides them a better chance to win with the talent they have and they don't play those guys on ST to keep them fresh to take advantage of matchups in opposition.

Basically, there is a limited amount of roster spots and teams that are further along have more spots filled up on O & D with quality players for those squads. Teams that don't know what the hell they are doing with their main squads try and make up for deficiencies by plugging into ST.

sdbillsfan2
02-16-2010, 11:30 AM
Jon Gosselin?

Grrrr..... are you dumb? It's Kate Gosselin !!!!!!

Lol J/K ........ The thought crossed my mind for a second too!

:mehmeh:

Michael82
02-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Wow! 3rd place and that's without getting a single kickoff/punt return for a TD. :shocked:

Typ0
02-16-2010, 06:30 PM
I see our special teams took a hit today. I'm sure these guys aren't dumb asses and are going to try and build a team that can win consistently. Whether or not RW helps them to do that remains to be seen.