X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFanCupp38
    • Mar 2004

Kyle Williams would be good at DE

Reminds me of Phil Hanson. I think he, with out a doubt, has a place in the new system. With him and Johnson, the depth at DE gets that much better. I believe Stroud could be a Richard Seymor type player at the other DE.

NT is quite possibly the most important position in a 3-4 alignment. If the Bills make a strong point to obtain a stud NT, the defense could be scary. Like my good old uncle JJ says, "If you have the right D line then it doesn't matter who your linebackers are."

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by BillsFanCupp38; 02-14-2010, 12:56 PM.
    Jeremy Cupp
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Re: Kyle Williams would be good at DE

Originally posted by BillsFanCupp38
    Reminds me of Phil Hanson. I think he, with out a doubt, has a place in the new system. With him and Johnson, the depth at DE gets that much better. I believe Stroud could be a Richard Seymor type player at the other DE.

NT is quite possibly the most important position in a 3-4 alignment. If the Bills make a strong point to obtain a stud NT, the defense could be scary. Like my good old uncle JJ says, "If you have the right D line then it doesn't matter who your linebackers are."

Any thoughts?
    KW reminds you of Phil Hansen???

PH was 6'5 and was a typical DE for a 3-4 system in that era. KW is 6'1 with short arms.

Saying KW would be a good DE is a huge stretch. I don't even think they try him there.

Which is why a report already came out that Stroud and Sp. Johnson would be the DEs.

I think fans should do their homework on the 3-4 and the types of players that are used at each position.

KW is everything a 5-technique DE is not... Short, squatty, weak at the Point of attack, short arms.

Comment

• tampabay25690
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by BillsFanCupp38

Any thoughts?
      Kyle Williams reminds me NOTHING like Phil Hansen......
      But I do think Kyle Williams will fill a DE, DT role on this team good solid player he is....
      GO Gators!!!!!!
      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mahdi
        KW reminds you of Phil Hansen???

PH was 6'5 and was a typical DE for a 3-4 system in that era. KW is 6'1 with short arms.

Saying KW would be a good DE is a huge stretch. I don't even think they try him there.

Which is why a report already came out that Stroud and Sp. Johnson would be the DEs.

I think fans should do their homework on the 3-4 and the types of players that are used at each position.

KW is everything a 5-technique DE is not... Short, squatty, weak at the Point of attack, short arms.
        I'd have taken Williams over Hansen. Now I loved Hansen because he was a hard worker and a great guy, but he and Wright were woefully undersized for the 3-4. Which makes Bruce's production even more impressive, given his size and the double- and triple-teams he saw.
        Last edited by Goobylal; 02-14-2010, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

I'd take Hanson over Williams any day of the week for any system you want to run.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
          X