PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Williams would be good at DE

BillsFanCupp38
02-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Reminds me of Phil Hanson. I think he, with out a doubt, has a place in the new system. With him and Johnson, the depth at DE gets that much better. I believe Stroud could be a Richard Seymor type player at the other DE.

NT is quite possibly the most important position in a 3-4 alignment. If the Bills make a strong point to obtain a stud NT, the defense could be scary. Like my good old uncle JJ says, "If you have the right D line then it doesn't matter who your linebackers are."

Any thoughts?:chat:

Mahdi
02-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Reminds me of Phil Hanson. I think he, with out a doubt, has a place in the new system. With him and Johnson, the depth at DE gets that much better. I believe Stroud could be a Richard Seymor type player at the other DE.

NT is quite possibly the most important position in a 3-4 alignment. If the Bills make a strong point to obtain a stud NT, the defense could be scary. Like my good old uncle JJ says, "If you have the right D line then it doesn't matter who your linebackers are."

KW reminds you of Phil Hansen???

PH was 6'5 and was a typical DE for a 3-4 system in that era. KW is 6'1 with short arms.

Saying KW would be a good DE is a huge stretch. I don't even think they try him there.

Which is why a report already came out that Stroud and Sp. Johnson would be the DEs.

I think fans should do their homework on the 3-4 and the types of players that are used at each position.

KW is everything a 5-technique DE is not... Short, squatty, weak at the Point of attack, short arms.

tampabay25690
02-14-2010, 03:57 PM

Kyle Williams reminds me NOTHING like Phil Hansen......
But I do think Kyle Williams will fill a DE, DT role on this team good solid player he is....

Goobylal
02-14-2010, 08:49 PM
KW reminds you of Phil Hansen???

PH was 6'5 and was a typical DE for a 3-4 system in that era. KW is 6'1 with short arms.

Saying KW would be a good DE is a huge stretch. I don't even think they try him there.

Which is why a report already came out that Stroud and Sp. Johnson would be the DEs.

I think fans should do their homework on the 3-4 and the types of players that are used at each position.

KW is everything a 5-technique DE is not... Short, squatty, weak at the Point of attack, short arms.
I'd have taken Williams over Hansen. Now I loved Hansen because he was a hard worker and a great guy, but he and Wright were woefully undersized for the 3-4. Which makes Bruce's production even more impressive, given his size and the double- and triple-teams he saw.

YardRat
02-14-2010, 09:08 PM
I'd take Hanson over Williams any day of the week for any system you want to run.