PDA

View Full Version : The Rumors continue

SeatownBillsFan21
02-14-2010, 08:53 PM
http://www.hogshaven.com/2010/2/12/1307276/bills-strong-safety-donte-whitner

Came across this on another Board dont know if its true but take a look and speculate...

justasportsfan
02-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Fewell or Dick might be interested.

JCBills
02-14-2010, 08:59 PM
I'd be happy with a 4th, we need to stack early-mid picks if possible.

SeatownBillsFan21
02-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Fewell or Dick might be interested.
For sure lol

SeatownBillsFan21
02-14-2010, 09:00 PM
I'd be happy with a 4th, we need to stack early-mid picks if possible.
You think we could at least get a 3rd outta him?I mean he was the 8th overall pick. LOL

YardRat
02-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Some interesting comments on that article from fans...Buffalo 'financially hemorrhaging', Whitner denying the rumor via twitter...

New Ro's Greatest
02-14-2010, 10:16 PM
We need to at least get a 3rd for him. GO BILLS:star:

more cowbell
02-14-2010, 10:54 PM
please just get rid of this guy...mitchell too

BertSquirtgum
02-14-2010, 11:08 PM
You think we could at least get a 3rd outta him?I mean he was the 8th overall pick. LOL

it doesn't matter where he was picked if he sucks........and he most certainly does suck.

Crisis
02-14-2010, 11:25 PM
Some interesting comments on that article from fans...Buffalo 'financially hemorrhaging', Whitner denying the rumor via twitter...

"if we’re getting any safety from buffalo it should be Jarius Bird"

bosshogg21
02-15-2010, 01:03 AM
About time another source started reporting this. It's a very good move for the bills. Similar to moves the pats make. Stockpile picks with underwhelming underachieving talent. Roscoe you should be up next.

Night Train
02-15-2010, 03:12 AM
Another source ? It's a blogger site, like many here . It means NOTHING !

" It will be Frazier " . Remember that classic ?

TacklingDummy
02-15-2010, 05:55 AM
My source told me Whitner is done in Buffalo.

X-Era
02-15-2010, 06:18 AM
please just get rid of this guy...mitchell too

I actually want to keep Mitchell. Id like him to be a backup instead of some UDFA who will end up playing way to many games as a rookie and show us why he wasn't drafted.

DraftBoy
02-15-2010, 07:21 AM
Whitner
Mitchell
Parrish
Kelsay

all can go for mid-low draft picks this draft.

WeAreArthurMoates
02-15-2010, 08:23 AM
I actually want to keep Mitchell. Id like him to be a backup instead of some UDFA who will end up playing way to many games as a rookie and show us why he wasn't drafted.

I agree, good depth and i actually think he's going to make a good strong side ILB. Big and can blitz up the gut.

TacklingDummy
02-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Whitner
Mitchell
Parrish
Kelsay

all can go for mid-low draft picks this draft.
And Lynch/Schobel.

OpIv37
02-15-2010, 09:42 AM
if they listen to Whitner talk, they'll give us this year's 1st and next year's 1st for him. If they watch him play, we'll be lucky to get a 4th.

M
02-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Please let this rumor be true. :pray:

DraftBoy
02-15-2010, 11:29 AM
And Lynch/Schobel.

I hate trading guys whose value is next to nothing.

Lynch has almost no value, being so close to a year long suspension and losing his starting spot to a previous UDFA.

Schobel I think has no value because I think if you trade him, he'll just retire.

patmoran2006
02-15-2010, 01:20 PM
This is what I wrote about this today...

With the overage of reports that float around the internet daily, it’s natural to not put much, if any stock in what you hear and read these days. That holds particularly true when the source isn’t one of the industry big boys.

Even as an editor for a website falling into that non big-boy category, I’m cynical of information from a Washington Redskins themed website titled “Hogs Haven” where the author insinuates hearing Buffalo Bills safety Donte Whitner will become a Redskin come March 5, (http://www.hogshaven.com/2010/2/12/1307276/bills-strong-safety-donte-whitner) when NFL teams can make trades.

I confess knowing entirely nothing about Hogs Haven or the story’s author (KevinE), and I’m not overly familiar with SB Nation, which runs the site and another for every team in the NFL. I can tell you with assurance the Bills site on SB Nation, Buffalo Rumblings (http://www.buffalorumblings.com/)is without question one of the best and anchored by a great writer (Brian Galliford). While I haven’t read enough Skins’ news on Haven to know the validity of what they write, if its anything like its Buffalo counterpart I’d take it a little more serious than other rumor mills.

Anyway, according to the Havens report a “person of note” told Kevin that Whitner will be a Redskin come the start of free agency. He also said he’s working on a second source.

The Whitner-to-Washington rumor train gathered enough steam recently that the four year safety addressed it himself, denying on twitter that a trade was imminent. In fact, Whitner also told me personally regarding the rumor a one-word response; “false”.

It should be noted Whitner has recently moved into the D.C. area—that much he does confirm. Perhaps that’s what started the fuel of the rumor? Or maybe it’s actually connected. Obviously if there were truth to a future Whitner trade he’d be smart enough to not publicly discuss it anyway. At this point, who honestly knows?

Whitner’s value to the Bills is very much up for debate. While it’s known he brings quality leadership to the locker room and is one of the more physical defenders on the team, one could argue the team is deep at safety with Jairus Byrd, George Wilson and Bryan Scott and say Whitner is expendable. Some even think that the former eighth overall draft pick is only the fourth best safety on the current roster.

From my perspective it wouldn’t be wise to trade Whitner unless the Bills received an irresistible offer. People like to pile on Whitner due to his draft status, but let’s not forget he was off to a breakout season in 2009 before injuries curtailed his efforts. Plus, I’m not completely sold on Wilson or Scott, assuming the Bills bring both free agents back, as 16-game starters.

For his part, Galliford knows nothing of any Whitner trade rumors at this time and told me he’s not sure what to make of it. You can bet he’ll do some digging to find out if the rumor has any teeth in the coming days.

jamze132
02-16-2010, 12:18 AM
I say if we can get a couple boxes of triscuits for Whitner, we make the deal.

PECKERWOOD
02-16-2010, 12:32 AM
And Lynch/Schobel.

Trading Lynch isn't the right decision anymore, wait till he has a bounce back season and then reevaluate his value. If we're looking for 2nd to 3rd round picks, these are the guys that should be shopped:

Schobel - 2nd to 3rd
McGee - 2nd to 3rd
Evans - 1st + more
Williams - 2nd to 3rd

Lee Evans skills are not best suited for Buffalo, he has obviously been very good and fans will get pissy with me for even entertaining the idea, but he is 28 years old and we're in rebuild mode whether or not we like it or not. If we wait another year or even 2 years, Lee's value is going to be substantially lower than where it's at now.

jamze132
02-16-2010, 03:57 AM
Trading Lynch isn't the right decision anymore, wait till he has a bounce back season and then reevaluate his value. If we're looking for 2nd to 3rd round picks, these are the guys that should be shopped:

Schobel - 2nd to 3rd
McGee - 2nd to 3rd
Evans - 1st + more
Williams - 2nd to 3rd

Lee Evans skills are not best suited for Buffalo, he has obviously been very good and fans will get pissy with me for even entertaining the idea, but he is 28 years old and we're in rebuild mode whether or not we like it or not. If we wait another year or even 2 years, Lee's value is going to be substantially lower than where it's at now.
Why in the hell would we wait for Lynch to have a "bounce back" season before trading him? I completely understand the reasoning behind trading someone when their value is at the highest, but I see no reason to trade Lynch if he stays out of trouble and is productive. The guy kills when he's on his game.

Teams trade stars in baseball for prospects because they know they won't be able to afford that player when his deal runs out. No on trades a star for ****s and giggles.