PDA

View Full Version : Bills Targeting QB??

DraftBoy
02-15-2010, 11:24 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2010/02/14/in_los_angeles_the_coast_seems_clearer_this_time/?page=5

Quarterback needed to fill the bill
The first order of business for Chan Gailey’s staff in Buffalo is seeking to find a solution to a hole at quarterback that hasn’t been filled on a long-term basis since Jim Kelly 13 years ago. “You just have to have quality production from that position,’’ said Gailey (right). “Who’s going to give you that quality production, and can get you to a level that allows you to win football games, get to the playoffs?’’ With the Bills drafting ninth overall, most expect them to take a strong look at Notre Dame’s Jimmy Clausen or Oklahoma’s Sam Bradford, but don’t discount the new coach’s affinity for dual-threat quarterbacks. As Steelers offensive coordinator in the late 1990s, he found a way to use Kordell Stewart at other positions while he was developing as a quarterback, then went to the AFC title game with Stewart as his starter. Gailey also had the mobile but aerially-challenged Reggie Ball at Georgia Tech. So don’t rule out Mike Vick or Tim Tebow as options that would intrigue the new Buffalo boss.

THATHURMANATOR
02-15-2010, 11:26 AM
I would puke if they took Tebow at 9.

WeAreArthurMoates
02-15-2010, 11:32 AM
There is no way in hell we take Tebow at 9. In fact, I could see us trading down into the 20's to take LeFevour. LeFevour would be perfect for the pistol offense.

mrbojanglezs
02-15-2010, 11:36 AM
There is no way in hell we take Tebow at 9. In fact, I could see us trading down into the 20's to take LeFevour. LeFevour would be perfect for the pistol offense.

exactly with some of th coaches he brought in, it looks certain that we will run the pistol, if thats the case you have to go bradford or lefevour only those 2 in my opinion

RockStar36
02-15-2010, 11:36 AM
So basically this article says the Bills could take Bradford, Claussen, or Tebow in the draft. Or they could trade for Vick.

In other words, old news.

DraftBoy
02-15-2010, 11:43 AM
So basically this article says the Bills could take Bradford, Claussen, or Tebow in the draft. Or they could trade for Vick.

Yes, but from a reputable, regional source which means that if this is just a rumor/smoke screen that at least its working and that other teams fans in our division are thinking we are going QB.

Don't Panic
02-15-2010, 12:56 PM

Not even news... just speculation no less.

TigerJ
02-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Sounds like an "opinion article" rather than a news story. Everyone knows Gailey has to do something to get more production out of the QB spot. Almost everyone figures that's not likely to come from anyone on the roster now. Hence, Buffalo has to trade, sign or draft a QB. Then it simply becomes a matter of speculating which way the Bills will go. It looks to me like some people figure that because Gailey was able to use some non-traditional QBs successfully (ie. Kordell Stewart, Reggie Ball and others) that he prefers that kind of QB and will go out looking for one. It does't necessarily follow. He has had success with typical drop back QBs too. It just does't make sense to me that he would go out looking for a QB who struggles with mechanics and doesn't know how to take a snap under center (ie. Tim Tebow). There are mobile QBs who can throw a pretty good pass too.

Bill Cody
02-15-2010, 01:10 PM
We need a QB. Stop the presses.

Night Train
02-15-2010, 01:28 PM
Off-season,baseless newspaper filler.

Commence overreacting.

PECKERWOOD
02-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Fix the trenches, draft a QB next year, in the mean time sign a gritty veteran type to be our signal caller in the 2010 season.

BidsJr
02-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Nobody had a clue as to who our head coach was going to be, nobody outside of 1BD knows what direction we are going in the draft. The End

X-Era
02-15-2010, 04:43 PM
I would puke if they took Tebow at 9.

They wont, no way that happens IMO.

YardRat
02-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Tebow or Clausen I would be pissed.
Bradford, I guess I could live with but still would very much prefer we go LT or defense.

better days
02-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Fix the trenches, draft a QB next year, in the mean time sign a gritty veteran type to be our signal caller in the 2010 season.
If a QB that they like is there they will take him. The QB is the first priority. They will also fix the line but they don't have to use a #1 pick at 9 to do that.

Syderick
02-15-2010, 11:45 PM
They wont, no way that happens IMO.

It's the Buffalo Bills though.

PECKERWOOD
02-16-2010, 12:21 AM
Our luck sucks with QB so bad that we might as well just ignore it, LOL. Build up every other position on the field, we need to run the football like they did when Ralph was a child back in the 1820s.

PromoTheRobot
02-16-2010, 12:41 AM

...or they might not. Insightful!

PTR