PDA

View Full Version : Trade for Chief's 3-4 ILB Derrick Johnson

BuffaloBlitz83
02-15-2010, 12:05 PM
He was a beast in college. He had some great seasons in KC before falling in doghouse the last 2 years. Is used to playing ILB in a 3- 4 Defense.

We would not have to give up more than a 4th or 5th. You can even possibly trade Whitner for Johnson in a straight trade.

He lost his job as starter in middle of season.

Some NFL Teams Have Chiefs LB Derrick Johnson Rated Very High

There is one good thing about the lack of a new CBA and the different rules that would come about creating a watered-down version of free agency: If you've got a coveted player, his value will rise significantly. Simple laws of supply and demand.

Since there will be less names on the free agent market, a guy like Derrick Johnson could create a buzz with teams. In fact, Brad Biggs of the National Football Post reports that Johnson's name has come up in league circles at the Senior Bowl.

One NFL personnel man said, "He's the best player they have on my board."

DJ will be one of the players hurt by the lack of a new CBA, which would put the minimum time needed for free agency from four to six years.

Judging by his playing time last season, the Chiefs aren't interested in keeping him as a core player. He played mostly in nickel situations but what has some scouts interested is the amount of big plays he made in the little time he got.

"Kansas City will be able to control his rights as a restricted free agent or perhaps place the franchise or transition tag on him with hopes of moving him in a trade," Biggs speculates. "That probably wouldn’t be a bad situation for him because it would mean he was headed to a team that wanted him. What his value would be in a trade right now, who knows? It’s fair to say the Chiefs didn’t maximize it during the season."

I think it's becoming clear that the Chiefs will get offers for DJ. What kind of offers is the only question.

Mahdi
02-15-2010, 12:14 PM
I would definitely inquire about DJ but I would not send anything higher than a 4th rounder for him.

I would actually like to see him play OLB in a 3-4.

ChanGailey
02-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Wow, Buffaloblitz, you amaze me.

Johnson was good, until last year, when KC switched to a 3-4. That's when he slid out of favor.

******* man your just f'n clueless. Stop posting.

Mahdi
02-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Wow, Buffaloblitz, you amaze me.

Johnson was good, until last year, when KC switched to a 3-4. That's when he slid out of favor.

******* man your just f'n clueless. Stop posting.
What exactly is it that bothers you about his post?

BuffaloBlitz83
02-15-2010, 12:50 PM
What exactly is it that bothers you about his post?

Thanks. This guys been stalking every post and thread I've made since I knocked Chan Gailey 2 weeks ago.

WeAreArthurMoates
02-15-2010, 01:01 PM
Ya lets trade for a guy who struggled switching to the 3-4, makes perfect sense to me.

BuffaloBlitz83
02-15-2010, 01:06 PM
He lost his starting job and was put 3rd in depth chart due to being in Hailey's doghouse. He started only 3 games. 3 games is not long enough to determine a guy can't handle the 3-4. He lost his job for pissing off Hailey. Even star WR Bowe was benched from starting rotation for 1-2 games.

ChanGailey
02-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Thanks. This guys been stalking every post and thread I've made since I knocked Chan Gailey 2 weeks ago.

Sorry, when I get blown away by stupidity I have to say something.

The guy your talking about was good, in a 4-3. Then they switched to a 3-4, and he struggled.

You called him 3-4 ILB, when he isn't. The only reason the Chiefs would want to move him, is because he struggles in their new system, which is a 3-4.

So you suggested bringing a guy who's getting moved for struggling in a 3-4 to our team, which is switching to a 3-4.

I don't have a problem with any person here, just stupid ass posts, like the ones BuffaloBlitz makes on a daily basis.

BuffaloBlitz83
02-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Sorry, when I get blown away by stupidity I have to say something.

The guy your talking about was good, in a 4-3. Then they switched to a 3-4, and he struggled.

You called him 3-4 ILB, when he isn't. The only reason the Chiefs would want to move him, is because he struggles in their new system, which is a 3-4.

So you suggested bringing a guy who's getting moved for struggling in a 3-4 to our team, which is switching to a 3-4.

I don't have a problem with any person here, just stupid ass posts, like the ones BuffaloBlitz makes on a daily basis.

Don't like the post, ignore it. Thanks Gailey

Mahdi
02-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Ya lets trade for a guy who struggled switching to the 3-4, makes perfect sense to me.
I think DJ can play in a 3-4. He might have had a difficult transition and Haley didn't give him a chance to work through it.

DJ is a great athlete and a solid tackler. There is no reason why he can't succeed as a LB in a 3-4.

PECKERWOOD
02-15-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm not going to take sides on either of your guys little ***** fits, but I will say that DJ would likely be a bad fit for what we're trying to do. I used to like the guy when we were still running the 3-4, but I honestly think that if you're going to be consistently solid as an ILB in the 3-4, you got to be a thumper. I'm not entirely sold on DJ's ability as a thumper, but I guess for a late draft pick it would be a nice gamble to take.

bigfish2112
02-15-2010, 03:54 PM
I'm not going to take sides on either of your guys little ***** fits, but I will say that DJ would likely be a bad fit for what we're trying to do. I used to like the guy when we were still running the 3-4, but I honestly think that if you're going to be consistently solid as an ILB in the 3-4, you got to be a thumper. I'm not entirely sold on DJ's ability as a thumper, but I guess for a late draft pick it would be a nice gamble to take.
You mean the 4-3?

PECKERWOOD
02-15-2010, 03:55 PM
You mean the 4-3?

Thanks, yes, the 4-3.

Raptor
02-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Not a good fit

patmoran2006
02-15-2010, 04:31 PM
I'm not down for trading or signing any ILB that eliminates a shot at McClain.

I'll think we'll sign or trade for a OLB if anything.

I also think we're set at starting ILB with Poz and Mitchell; whether we like it or not.

YardRat
02-15-2010, 04:51 PM
No trading picks for players, unless we hit the mother lode getting rid of our own dead weight first. We need every pick we can get our hands on.

BillsWin
02-15-2010, 07:12 PM
:lolpoint:Chan Gailey vs. BuffaloBlitz83 :popcorn: