PDA

View Full Version : If the Bills moved to Toronto..

T-Long
02-15-2010, 07:09 PM
You can only vote if you are NOT from Buffalo or don't have any family ties from there. Also, the only city they move to is Toronto and nowhere else.

Typ0
02-15-2010, 07:21 PM
oops I voted. I'm not from Buffalo. I did live there for a while and met my wife there though. I was watching this conversation in another thread. Maybe I can add some perspective. Before I lived in Buffalo I was not a Bills fan. When I got there and started to become assimiliated into the culture I started to understand what the sports teams meant to people there. I became a Buffalo sports fan and I'd say the people there are mostly that not bills fans. People from around the country will follow the Bills to another venue but people from Buffalo never will...not even Toronto.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
02-15-2010, 07:22 PM
I live in Fairport and I voted anyway. Why does it matter where you live?

Typ0
02-15-2010, 07:23 PM

It's his poll!

BillsWin
02-15-2010, 07:28 PM
They won't move. They can't move from Buffalo. Next question please. :sadwalk:

PECKERWOOD
02-15-2010, 07:35 PM
I don't know, I hope I never have to choose.

T-Long
02-15-2010, 07:38 PM
In a previous thread, we had a discussion going on about the team. It does matter where you are from because that was the point of our discussion if they were to relocate.

elltrain22
02-15-2010, 08:51 PM
I w/ BillsWin, they ain't movin!!

mrbojanglezs
02-15-2010, 09:00 PM
i have lived in buffalo all my life, I voted yes because I prolly will still follow the team and watch them, but idk if ill be as die hard of a fan

seanbillsfan
02-15-2010, 09:00 PM
whoops i voted too, im from western ny

Typ0
02-15-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm sure there were people on the titanic that thought they weren't going to die until the ship went down too.

THATHURMANATOR
02-15-2010, 09:54 PM
I won't vote because I live in Buffalo

I would not follow the team if they went to Toronto.

Cleve
02-15-2010, 09:56 PM
No, and I don't think it will happen anyways. The people of Toronto haven't exactly been wildly enthusiastic about those Bills "home" games that have been played there the last 2 years.

BertSquirtgum
02-15-2010, 09:58 PM
I live in ransomville and i voted. i would actually root against the bills if they moved out of buffalo. they would become my most hated team.

Crisis
02-15-2010, 10:19 PM
i'm from buffalo, currently in texas so i'm not voting but i would hate the NFL and the bills franchise if they move anywhere outside of WNY.

Oaf
02-15-2010, 10:25 PM
Since it'd be near impossible to switchloyalities just like that to a different team or even a different sport, I suppose I'd stick with the "Bills".

TacklingDummy
02-15-2010, 11:42 PM
No Bills in Buffalo, only game I would watch every year is the Super bowl.

better days
02-16-2010, 01:19 AM
Since it'd be near impossible to switchloyalities just like that to a different team or even a different sport, I suppose I'd stick with the "Bills".

I don't understand why you people don't get it. If the Bills move from Buffalo they will no longer be the Buffalo Bills, & most likely would not have Bills as part of the name. They would be a different team so I don't understand why it would be any harder to switch loyalties to another team any more than it would be to root for a new team that is no longer the Bills.

Night Train
02-16-2010, 04:33 AM
If the small market teams are eliminated, then I wish a Pox on the NFL and all it's owners for killing the golden goose.

I will then buy UB tickets, awaiting a Buffalo franchise in the UFL or another new football league.

YardRat
02-16-2010, 05:49 AM
I didn't vote either because of the restrictions, but I'm sure I'd hang on for a few years, hoping that the league would revert and bring a team back to Buffalo.

Jan Reimers
02-16-2010, 07:15 AM
The Bills would become the LA Clippers for me. That is, Nothing.

realdealryan
02-16-2010, 07:32 AM
If that happened while other teams leave empty seats for primetime games, I'll be scratching my head. If Buffalo loses their team, I'm definitely done. I am STILL PAYING for the Hoosier/RCA Dome and it is demolished. I'll be paying for Lucas Oil stadium for the rest of my time here. This franchise holds the town hostage for a stadium and can leave if they don't turn a profit. Peyton will go away with Polian and we're one good player away from a Pacers town again. These fans will disappear in droves.

To me, that's not what football is about. /ramble

THATHURMANATOR
02-16-2010, 07:54 AM
I live in ransomville and i voted. i would actually root against the bills if they moved out of buffalo. they would become my most hated team.
Yep Same here.

ZAZusmc03
02-16-2010, 07:58 AM
I could never root for a relocated "bills" team. I see it being like the Browns/Ravens thing all over again. I will patiently await a team to return to Buffalo, In which time I will have a football team again.

RockStar36
02-16-2010, 08:16 AM
I would still watch NFL football for fantasy purposes, but the Bills would be dead to me if they moved.

Michael82
02-16-2010, 10:11 AM
I don't live in Buffalo. I live in Rochester, NY. But if the team left this state, my answer is not just no. Hell No! I will hate that team with a passion and will sign every petition to make sure that we keep the name, logo, and the history of the Buffalo Bills in Buffalo. I would also hate the NFL and after doing everything possible to get a new franchise in the NFL, I would only watch occasionally for FFL or the Super Bowl.

Beebe's Kid
02-16-2010, 10:30 AM
I am from Erie, PA. A little over an hour away.

I vote "No."

I might not be from Buffalo, but have been going there my whole life and feel a connection to the area. The Bills have been a part of my life since I knew what football was. I am the only Bills fan in my family, and one of the few left amongst my friends. The city of Buffalo sucked me in.

I don't know if it is a middle-class thing, a blue-collar thing, but I take shots at the city, and definitely the Bills personally. If the Bills left the city, I leave them. Than easy.

There is something to be said for dedication and hard work. I have always been a fan of the underdog, and this team requires more effort than Dallas et al, but that is part of the fun, and will make it all that much sweeter when our ship comes in.

There is no way to put any of it into words that seems effective enough for my feelings, but if the Bills left Buffalo, the NFL is dead to me. When I see other teams on TV, I view them all as the opposition...on the field and off. The big market teams are trying to destroy what we have, and I get a feeling they don't appreciate it anywhere near what we do.

In Erie, there are too many Steelers fans, as well as a dwindling population of Browns fans....they have no soul to me. It isn't the same as the Bills, and the Bills wouldn't be the same without Buffalo.

Beebe's Kid
02-16-2010, 10:38 AM
I could never root for a relocated "bills" team. I see it being like the Browns/Ravens thing all over again. I will patiently await a team to return to Buffalo, In which time I will have a football team again.

As I mentioned, I am from Erie, and when Cleveland lost their team, I was sad. My friends that were Browns fans never recovered. Part of that has to do with the team being horrible, but many just didn't get into them again when they received the Browns part deux.

There were some that found other teams, and they were the *******s you would expect them to be anyway. NOBODY rooted for Baltimore. I do not know one Ravens fan.

AndreReed83
02-16-2010, 11:31 AM
I would be done with the NFL. It wouldn't even be out of spite; I just would not care about it anymore. My interest in it now is only hanging on by a red and blue thread. A decade-plus of cheating teams, horrible officiating, inconsistent punishments and a Commissioner that seems okay with taking teams out of winning markets to put them into shoddy ones with big names will do that to you.

DraftBoy
02-16-2010, 12:02 PM
I was born in Buffalo and have family there still so I didn't vote.

If they moved I would continue to follow them. It would be less about the team and more about the players and I would await the day that a team came back and set up what would be epic rivalry between Buffalo and Toronto.

Id watch the NFL every sunday and watch even more College Football...which is a scary thought actually...

Akhippo
02-16-2010, 07:31 PM
I live across the U.S. so I def. dont have a regional attachment. But the NYG/Buffalo SB was the first game I really watched and they hooked me. Freshman year of high school. That was a long 4 years sporting Bills gear.

20 years later I have created a hatred for 98% of the teams out there and could not find a single rooting interest in any of them. With the others do I want to take the time to learn the FO, team, training staff, PS, etc. Find a fans site where people btch and moan about everything down the the S&C coaches.

If they left I would have to follow if only the spirit of the team exists. For me it would be alot easier in Toronto then somewhere like LA where you can just look at the fans and have a disdain for THEM.

better days
02-16-2010, 08:04 PM
I live across the U.S. so I def. dont have a regional attachment. But the NYG/Buffalo SB was the first game I really watched and they hooked me. Freshman year of high school. That was a long 4 years sporting Bills gear.

20 years later I have created a hatred for 98% of the teams out there and could not find a single rooting interest in any of them. With the others do I want to take the time to learn the FO, team, training staff, PS, etc. Find a fans site where people btch and moan about everything down the the S&C coaches.

If they left I would have to follow if only the spirit of the team exists. For me it would be alot easier in Toronto then somewhere like LA where you can just look at the fans and have a disdain for THEM.

If the Bills moved to Toronto the spirit of that team would be left in ashes in Buffalo. ONLY 14 others (so far) along with yourself would be on that teams board, & the fans in Toronto are NOTHING like the fans in BUFFALO!!!

Pinkerton Security
02-16-2010, 09:51 PM
I'd probably just become a fair weather fan, not gonna lie. I love football and I could not ever see myself rooting for another team, so i'd just casually follow them and not get too excited about much...and i would stop buying any merchandise, thats for sure.

Turf
02-16-2010, 10:29 PM
My only answer to this stupid poll is FU. Clear enough.