PDA

View Full Version : Draft Game: Overrated-Underrated

DraftBoy
02-16-2010, 10:58 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2010-02-15/2010-nfl-draft-whos-overrated-whos-underrated

Quarterback
Overrated: Jonathan Crompton, Tennessee. He was lost in all of 2008 and the first month of 2009, yet now is the No. 2 quarterback on Sporting News' War Room list. Crompton had as many touchdowns as interceptions (nine) prior to this season, and he has never completed better than 58 percent of his passes.
Underrated: Colt McCoy, Texas. The negatives: spent his career in shotgun offense. The positives: can make all the throws, is ridiculously accurate and is a winner.

So the article and game is pretty clear. Go down position by position and give us one overrated player and one underrated. You don't have to give a reason as to why you think this way.

Ron Burgundy
02-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Overrated: Tim Tebow, quarterback
Underrated: Tim Tebow, H-back

k-oneputt
02-16-2010, 03:26 PM
already done this but here it goes again:

Underrated; Blount, McCluster, S.Thompson, C. Black. Those guys are all flying up the draft boards now though.

Overrated- Crompton, Gerhart, McCoy [qb}, Odrick

k-oneputt
02-16-2010, 03:37 PM
some more;

Underrated: B.Graham, A. Benn, B. Spikes, T.cody, C. Wotten, C. Jones, A. Hernandez, K.Galloway, J. Cunningham, A. Woods

Overrated: D. Morgan, T. Mays, B. Campbell, D. LeFevour, T. Pke, R. Curran, G. Selvie.

X-Era
02-16-2010, 06:31 PM
Underrated: C. Black, D. Gettis, D. Nance, K. Jolly, B. Spikes, L. Joseph, D. Davis, M. Hall, K. Haslam, E. Decker

Overrated: Cam Thomas, S. Kindle, J. Snead, T. Tebow

tampabay25690
02-16-2010, 09:54 PM
some more;

Underrated: B.Graham, A. Benn, B. Spikes, T.cody, C. Wotten, C. Jones, A. Hernandez, K.Galloway, J. Cunningham, A. Woods

Overrated: D. Morgan, T. Mays, B. Campbell, D. LeFevour, T. Pke, R. Curran, G. Selvie.

WOW I agree with your list almost 100%

k-oneputt
02-16-2010, 10:29 PM
WOW I agree with your list almost 100%

Which ones don't you agree with ?

DraftBoy
02-17-2010, 10:49 AM
QB;
O-Jimmy Clausen
U-Mike Kafka

RB;
O-Jahvid Best
U-Pat Paschall

WR;
O-Damian Williams
U-Danario Alexander

TE;
O-Jimmy Graham
U-Michael Palmer

OT;
O-Anthony Davis
U-Derek Hardeman

OG;
O-Mike Iupati
U-Sergio Render

OC;
O-Matt Tenant
U-Kyle Mutcher

DE;
O-Derrick Morgan
U-Corey Wooten

DT;
O-Jared Odrick
U-Geno Atkins

OLB;
O-Jerry Hughes
U-Junior Galette

ILB;
O-Sean Lee
U-Vincent Rey

CB;
O-Patrick Robinson
U-Brandon Ghee

FS;
O-Morgan Burnett
U-Kendrick Lewis and Robert Johnson (tie)

SS;
O-Reshad Jones
U-Barry Church

tampabay25690
02-17-2010, 11:47 AM
Which ones don't you agree with ?

LeFevour I think he may be that guy that goes in the late 1st round early 2nd now.

X-Era
02-17-2010, 05:34 PM
LeFevour I think he may be that guy that goes in the late 1st round early 2nd now.
Hes too raw and unpolished for that. He also needs to show better pocket presence... he gets "happy feet" at times. I think teams will also want to see him go through progressions more as well.

I think it will be 2nd at the earliest.

Dr. Pepper
02-18-2010, 09:09 PM
QB;
O-Jimmy Clausen
U-Mike Kafka

the same kafka who threw 5 INTs against auburn? i thought he looked awful in his bowl game. anyone could rack up 500 yards if they threw the ball 80 times.

you obviously watch more college ball than me though, why is he underrated?

Ground Chuck
02-18-2010, 09:38 PM
The underrated QB is Brown from WV

tampabay25690
02-18-2010, 09:49 PM
Hes too raw and unpolished for that. He also needs to show better pocket presence... he gets "happy feet" at times. I think teams will also want to see him go through progressions more as well.

I think it will be 2nd at the earliest.

X-Era the best QB in the NFL now has the happiest feet of any QB i have ever seen play....

I do agree but saying LeFevour will be that QB that will go earlier then expected....
Remember this is a TERRIBLE QB draft...

X-Era
02-19-2010, 05:48 AM
The underrated QB is Brown from WVIf Brown can show he can read defenses and improves his consistency, he could be very good due to his natural ability to throw the ball well.

X-Era
02-19-2010, 05:50 AM
X-Era the best QB in the NFL now has the happiest feet of any QB i have ever seen play....

I do agree but saying LeFevour will be that QB that will go earlier then expected....
Remember this is a TERRIBLE QB draft...

I'm merely saying that I cant see the 1st round for him. I could see the 2nd round.

DraftBoy
02-19-2010, 07:33 AM
the same kafka who threw 5 INTs against auburn? i thought he looked awful in his bowl game. anyone could rack up 500 yards if they threw the ball 80 times.

you obviously watch more college ball than me though, why is he underrated?

He threw 5 INT's yes, but he also led Northwestern back from behind against Auburn and overcame his horrid start to the game. Stats aren't what impresses me about Kafka though. He has NFL size, a very live arm, very good mobility and agility but he doesnt look to run first or even second. He will go through his reads and then take off if needed. He is also a gamer, and has a very competitive mentality.

Now he needs work, and a lot of polish. He is very raw on his dropback and his footwork could use some serious fine tuning. Along with just getting used to reading blitzes and coverages.

He has a long way to go, but he is up to a 5th-6th Round prospect in my mind where as some see him as undraftable.

madness
02-19-2010, 08:21 AM

Speaking of overrated...

X-Era
02-19-2010, 05:09 PM
He threw 5 INT's yes, but he also led Northwestern back from behind against Auburn and overcame his horrid start to the game. Stats aren't what impresses me about Kafka though. He has NFL size, a very live arm, very good mobility and agility but he doesnt look to run first or even second. He will go through his reads and then take off if needed. He is also a gamer, and has a very competitive mentality.

Now he needs work, and a lot of polish. He is very raw on his dropback and his footwork could use some serious fine tuning. Along with just getting used to reading blitzes and coverages.

He has a long way to go, but he is up to a 5th-6th Round prospect in my mind where as some see him as undraftable.

Put it this way, IMO, he doesn't lack any more polish than about 80% of the guys that will get drafted so at that point, its basically what style or flavor of QB you like.