PDA

View Full Version : Solid Buddy Nix Article

methos4ever
02-16-2010, 04:01 PM
http://blog.al.com/ray-melick/2010/02/talladega_native_buddy_nix_bac.html

A few things stuck out to me...

While Nix maintains a home outside of Chatta*nooga, he and his wife, Di*ane, have moved to Buffalo.
"I'm committed," he said. "We're moving, and I'm going to be involved in the community. You can't be successful and be an absen*tee G.M. They said I could fly back and forth, but that won't work."

and

Still, there were some eye*brows raised when the Bills picked a 70-year-old general manager whose Deep South roots are evident every time he speaks.

"I've been blessed in that I have as much energy, feel as good as I did when I was 35 or 40," he said. "I still come in before daylight, and work until dark.

Cntrygal
02-16-2010, 04:09 PM
There's no better feel*ing than the highs and lows of athletics, being able to see people's faces when they're used to losing and you turn it around to win*ning. And we've been able to do that two or three times in my career."

I can only hope that he can do it again....

Oldbillsfan
02-16-2010, 04:23 PM
I really like everything he's saying and doing so far

patmoran2006
02-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Good find Methos

Buddo
02-16-2010, 06:08 PM
I have to say I like his attitude. He does seem to have some fire about him.
While people may not be too impressed with the 'search' that lead to him getting the job, it may well be the case that he was the 'right' guy, regardless.
I'm fairly well prepared to trust his judgement on players, already, and I think he can have this team largely 'sorted' within a couple of years. The biggest problem he may well have, eventually, is at the QB position.

BillsWin
02-16-2010, 06:14 PM
He got called out by some media bodies about his Oakland comment. But I loved it. Everything he has been saying and doing so far makes me believe he can be successful for what little time he will be here. The Whaley hiring sealed the deal for me. I like this front office. A lot better than what we have had.

methos4ever
02-16-2010, 06:31 PM
Good find Methos
Thanks Pat. I think the fact that he's moving to Buffalo makes it easier not only for him to work the day to day operations, but to also work with Whaley and groom him as a replacement.

BigZ
02-17-2010, 08:04 AM
One of the next moves I'd like to see him make is to add some scouts. It already looks like we're adding some assistant coaches to help the teaching situations. Next, we need more talent evaluators although extra coaches help that too.

I like the comment in the article comparing his age to Parcells too.

I'm optimistic.

ParanoidAndroid
02-17-2010, 10:15 AM
There's no better feel*ing than the highs and lows of athletics, being able to see people's faces when they're used to losing and you turn it around to win*ning. And we've been able to do that two or three times in my career."

I can only hope that he can do it again....

I know what he means.... I helped take over a cross-country program and turn it around in one year! From the bottom in our division to nearly qualifying for states.
The looks on their faces after the first meet when they expected to come in 12th place like they usually do and didn't hear their names called until they got to 4th of 16 teams.........I'll never forget that!

Once you do it once, you want more!!!