PDA

View Full Version : Your Draft Questions for an interview

patmoran2006
02-16-2010, 09:53 PM
I got a interview early next week with Daniel Jeremiah. For those who don't know, Daniel spent six years as a NFL scout (three with Baltimore, three with Cleveland) and is the owner of an excellent website called "Move the Sticks" (.com)

He's very much still piped into the NFL draft scene and will be covering the NFL combine starting next week.

Anyway-- I am using this thread as a forum for Zoners to ask me questions, in which I will relay some of them and ask Mr. Jeremiah for the interview.

Serious questions only please, I'm not planning on asking him anything stupid.

So if you have something you want me to ask him, shoot (Obviously I'm hoping to make a strong connection and get piped into more stuff myself)

psubills62
02-16-2010, 10:34 PM
Are you looking to ask him Bills-related questions or just general draft questions?

Dicknoze69
02-16-2010, 10:38 PM
I got a interview early next week with Daniel Jeremiah. For those who don't know, Daniel spent six years as a NFL scout (three with Baltimore, three with Cleveland) and is the owner of an excellent website called "Move the Sticks" (.com)

He's very much still piped into the NFL draft scene and will be covering the NFL combine starting next week.

Anyway-- I am using this thread as a forum for Zoners to ask me questions, in which I will relay some of them and ask Mr. Jeremiah for the interview.

Serious questions only please, I'm not planning on asking him anything stupid.

So if you have something you want me to ask him, shoot (Obviously I'm hoping to make a strong connection and get piped into more stuff myself)

1) What is the best way to break into the scouting business and why?

2) How does he feel the potential Nose Tackles in this draft class stack up? Is Dan Williams worth the 9th pick?

3) What does he think of Clausen and Bradford? Additionally, what does he think of the lesser known QBs like LeFevour, Skelton, Crompton, Brown, etc.? Which one does he feel has a shot to succeed?

4) Who does he feel are the elite (no team should pass on them) players in this draft?

5) Is McClain a Patrick Willis Jr. with a ton of sideline-to-sideline ability, or did he greatly benefit from a huge defensive line full of 300 lbers?

X-Era
02-17-2010, 06:09 AM
1) How would he rank the 3-4 DE prospects?

2) How would he rank the 3-4 OLB prospects?

3) How would he rank the 3-4 NT's?

4) Where do teams draw the line as to whether a guy can play LT or needs to be a RT? What specific things do teams look for? If its speed, whats good enough? Size? Whats adequate? Quickness? Athleticism? What are the metrics and what are the cut-offs?

Don't Panic
02-17-2010, 06:37 AM
Ditto Dickie and X... good stuff boys.

Also, what kind of players fit Gailey's mold on offense? I heard yesterday that he likes smaller, more athletic linemen. Is that something we should be looking for? Any other info. on Gailey's preferences would be great.

DraftBoy
02-17-2010, 07:48 AM
Two Questions that I want clarification on;
-What are the most important drills to watch the QB do? and why?

-How much more important are the lesser heralded running tests (10 yard split, 20 yard split, three cone drill, etc.) then the 40 yard dash when it comes to testing players?

methos4ever
02-17-2010, 08:30 AM
1. Working in Baltimore and Cleveland, he worked with staffs that didn't use either National or BLESTO scouting services. What to him was the biggest difference between the analysis done under those staffs and some of his opposition?

2. With the influx of spread offense teams in college, defenses have started to either utilize the 3-4 or a 30 front to maximize talent on the field. Does he see this trend as an opportunity to scout 3-4 talent with more accuracy than just projecting from a 40 front?

3. How open (in his opinion) should the front office staff be to listening to a scout that is on the table for a player? Can he give any examples in his career thus far?

4. What was the biggest thing the Baltimore method of scouting taught him as far as looking at collegiate talent?

patmoran2006
02-17-2010, 09:11 AM
Good stuff. Definitely some questions among these I'll answer

(and to clarify, I plan on asking him questions directly about the Bills in regards to this draft, some combine questions and what scouts look for, etc)

TigerJ
02-17-2010, 09:03 PM
How would he rank the top offensive tackles, and what are the red flags on each of the top five of them? Also, are there any in the group that he does not think can play on the left. And to follow up further at the tackle position, who are the tackles in the second and third round who have a chance to start early in their NFL careers.

Ground Chuck
02-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Ask him wtf we do with Maybin.

patmoran2006
02-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Some great questions here, I already put most of them on my questionaire sheet. Gimme a few more solid ones

PIZ
02-18-2010, 01:36 PM
Are there any DT that could start in a 3-4 from day 1?

What round do you see Dan Lefevour going?

SABURZFAN
02-18-2010, 05:47 PM
how much of a factor do the Wunderlich (sp?) test scores play when it comes down to drafting a player?

DraftBoy
02-18-2010, 07:13 PM
What's his opinion on Buddy Nix as a former fellow scout?