X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

David Carr

I would be willing to give David Carr a shot, the guy has the release, the arm, and the mobility to be good. Maybe sitting for 2 years will have healed him mentally and if we can get someone like Tra Thomas in I think this OL would at least be better than the ones he played behind in Houston.

Could be an option and this would allow us to cut Edwards or trade him. Then let Brohm and Carr battle it out.
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: David Carr

Carr is my favorite of the veteran QBs that will be available in free agency. He played pretty well as a five year starter for a very bad Houston expansion team, and his reputation suffered mightily because of the terrible O-line in front of him.

He had a 3,500+ yard season and another with a 68% completion rate, while being sacked mercilessly.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

I would be for bringing him in.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
        • Nov 2009

Here, here.

Cast another vote for Carr. I like Carr way more than Vick, Pennington, Mark Vlasic, and any of the other names that have been thrown around here. I especially like it better than Bulger, but I think the only guy I would actually prefer Bulger over is Jack Trudeau.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

I would rather keep Edwards.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
            Here, here.

Cast another vote for Carr. I like Carr way more than Vick, Pennington, Mark Vlasic, and any of the other names that have been thrown around here. I especially like it better than Bulger, but I think the only guy I would actually prefer Bulger over is Jack Trudeau.
            Bulger's career numbers are a HELL of a lot better than Carr's.

He is injury prone sure but I think Bulger is a much better QB.

I don't want either really. Draft a QB in round one and be done with this journey man talk.

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

Carr sucks not sure why people are so enamored with him. He is the king of dink and dunking. He makes Trent Edwards look like a long ball thrower.
              His last starting job was in Carolina a few years ago. He sucked so bad they started Testeverde and a rookie (Moore)over him after he showed how bad he sucked.
              Let's look at the games he started in 2007 for the Panthers:
              Bucs wk 4: 19/41 155 yards 1TD 1 INT sacked 3 times
              Saints wk 5: 10/17 119 yds 1TD 1 INT 1 sack
              Colts wk 8: 16/25 103 yards 0 TD 0 INT 0 sacks
              Titans wk 9: 15/27 107 yards 1TD 1 INT Sacked 7 times
              Saints wk 12: 10/22 95 yards 0 TD 2 INT 1 sack

Yes the Panthers sucked that year but only won one game with Carr starting yet still finished 7-9. I think in all but one game averaged under one TD a game. Before you say the whole team sucked the teams scored a lot more when Testerverde, Moore and Delhomme were the QBs. He panics when under any pressure and is very inaccurate and the ball off.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by don137
                Carr sucks not sure why people are so enamored with him. He is the king of dink and dunking. He makes Trent Edwards look like a long ball thrower.
                His last starting job was in Carolina a few years ago. He sucked so bad they started Testeverde and a rookie (Moore)over him after he showed how bad he sucked.
                Let's look at the games he started in 2007 for the Panthers:
                Bucs wk 4: 19/41 155 yards 1TD 1 INT sacked 3 times
                Saints wk 5: 10/17 119 yds 1TD 1 INT 1 sack
                Colts wk 8: 16/25 103 yards 0 TD 0 INT 0 sacks
                Titans wk 9: 15/27 107 yards 1TD 1 INT Sacked 7 times
                Saints wk 12: 10/22 95 yards 0 TD 2 INT 1 sack

Yes the Panthers sucked that year but only won one game with Carr starting yet still finished 7-9. I think in all but one game averaged under one TD a game. Before you say the whole team sucked the teams scored a lot more when Testerverde, Moore and Delhomme were the QBs. He panics when under any pressure and is very inaccurate and the ball off.
                I have to agree...he looked pretty good for the Giants, but that was 1) in garbage time and 2) behind one of the best blocking lines in the NFL. Id be fine with bringing him in but wouldnt want to give up much for him.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                  • Feb 2009

The one thing that attracts me about Carr is that I think Chan could design a good system around him.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

I don't want either really. Draft a QB in round one and be done with this journey man talk.
                    I agree Bulger's numbers are much better...inheriting the "Greatest Show on Turf," was probably a reason for this. That was one of the best offenses ever. The expansion Texas offense was not so highly regarded.

Bulger has since gone in the tank. He is not only very similar to Edwards, being concussed and scared (not that you don't have a right to be,) but he is also older, and more expensive.

I admit, I may be quick to like Carr, but I see more potential in him. I think I am proverbially concussed from all of the poor QB play the last few years. Maybe Carr is a stretch, but I don't know that any of these guys will beat out Brohm anyway.

Brohm might have only played in the Atl game because Buddy told Fewell he would serve him his nuts for lunch if he got him hurt...that might be another stretch, but I can't relate to looking at Fitzy, Edwards, and Brohm and coming to the conclusion that Fitzy gave me the "best chance to win." That is solely based on the fact that he can't really throw a football. He is uber smart though, and I am sure he is a nice guy. Call me old fashioned, but I kind of like the QBs that can throw.

Thurm, I like Bradford in the 1st, but I am not high on Classen at all. I do like Lefeavour, but 1st is too high for him, and will he be there in the 2nd? If he is, is that still too high?

I agree the journeyman thing, as our choices are not so good.

Comment

• JCBills
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

That guarantees nothing though. Recent drafts should reflect that.

Even just this past season.....look at Matt Stafford - nobody had had WORSE rookie numbers and ended up good. Was anyone who isn't a Jets fan impressed with Sanchez? JaMarcus Russell was sure worth the pick.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JCBills
                        Was anyone who isn't a Jets fan impressed with Sanchez?.
                        I was impressed with the way he played in the playoffs.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• RockStar36
                          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                          • Sep 2004

I don't know why we need a weekly David Carr thread.

This guy is another J.P. Losman. But yeah, let's bring him in and guarantee ourselves another top 10 pick next April.

D & S Sports

Comment

• djjimkelly
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by RockStar36
                            I don't know why we need a weekly David Carr thread.

This guy is another J.P. Losman. But yeah, let's bring him in and guarantee ourselves another top 10 pick next April.

if we dont want a qb in draft id rather watch him start season instead of trent or fitz

all this being said him in here as insurance for brohm sign me up

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

David Carr = Tim Couch

Both trash at the position.

Comment

Working...
                              X