PDA

View Full Version : Charger want to trade Cromartie for a RB.....

Wittman21
02-17-2010, 08:03 AM
what do you guys/ladies feel about him...we are stacked at CB/......If Jauron was still here he would def do it haha........Interesting though if they packaged together some 3/4 guys...Nix knows their front office, should be intersting...GO BILLS
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/17/chargers-look-into-trading-cromartie-for-a-running-back/

The Spaz
02-17-2010, 08:04 AM
Umm no.

Wittman21
02-17-2010, 08:05 AM
Ummmm why not

The Spaz
02-17-2010, 08:09 AM
Ummmm why not

Did you not just say we are staked at CB? and the fact the guy took multiple plays off against the Jets in the playoffs. We do that trade and we only have 1 RB on the roster that can play.

hydro
02-17-2010, 08:11 AM
Wasn't Cromartie one of the players Nix was huge on? I could see this happening. Not sure if I want it to though.

THATHURMANATOR
02-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Did you not just say we are staked at CB? and the fact the guy took multiple plays off against the Jets in the playoffs. We do that trade and we only have 1 RB on the roster that can play.
I would do it though.

Lynch is a problem child, 1 strike from a long suspension.

Yes there is that video of cromartie pussying out on a couple tackles but the guy isn't a linebacker he is a cover corner, and a pretty good one at that.

We would be stacked at CB and matchup well with New England.

Jackson is the starter anyways and we can pick up a solid back up in free agency or in the draft(round 3 or 4)

The Spaz
02-17-2010, 08:16 AM
I'm not saying I wouldn't trade Lynch but it wouldn't be for a CB.

RockStar36
02-17-2010, 08:16 AM
Normally I would say no, but Lynch is expendable and probably needs to move on from Buffalo at this point.

BillsWin
02-17-2010, 08:19 AM
http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=186807

methos4ever
02-17-2010, 08:21 AM
Normally I would say no, but Lynch is expendable and probably needs to move on from Buffalo at this point.
To Bills fans and media (and perhaps the coaches) he is expendable. So why would the Chargers trade with the Bills for him when they can get a guy like Tashard Choice from the Cowboys (who is a similar back with no suspension issues) and trade Cromartie to his old DC?

Jan Reimers
02-17-2010, 08:28 AM
CB and RB are 2 areas where we are pretty well set. Why create yet another need - at RB - when we have half a dozen primary position needs, and a ton of depth issues as well?

Raptor
02-17-2010, 08:35 AM
no, it doesnt help us and i believe he is looking to be one of if not the highest paid cb in the league. Go on some Charger boards and they say he is not worth it at all

casdhf
02-17-2010, 08:53 AM
He's garbage.

Beebe's Kid
02-17-2010, 09:00 AM
At his presser, Gailey said he wants to run the ball. We could do a lot worse than Lynch. If he has a productive off-season and sheds a few lbs, and is forced to "toe the line," he could be a premier back in this league.

As others have pointed out, why create another hole?

Mr. Pink
02-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Lynch for Cromartie?

Steal. If they'd actually take that.

How did Champ Bailey for Clinton Portis work out for the Broncos...quite well I'd say.

Cromartie is a ballhawk and one of the top 10 corners in the NFL, Lynch is a dime a dozen RB.

ChanGailey
02-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Lynch for Cromartie?

How did Champ Bailey for Clinton Portis work out for the Broncos...quite well I'd say.

Cromartie is a ballhawk and one of the top 10 corners in the NFL, Lynch is a dime a dozen RB.

1. No way we get Cromartie for Lynch straight up, so we'd have to over spend.

2. No chance Cromartie is a top 10 corner. Not even close.

3. What'd Denver do once they got Champ Bailey, again? Oh nothing?

4. This has Dallas written all over it. Maybe even Miami or the Jets.

patmoran2006
02-17-2010, 10:13 AM

This was my exact first thought as well.

But even so (in which I completely agree with you), I couldn't see the Bills making the trade.

CB is hardly a need for us. Florence was rock solid last year, McKelvin is a first round investment just entering his third year (and second healthy), and McGee is a solid vet with a decent contract, in who I see no way they cut.

So Cromartie would be a lot of salary for something we really don't need.

Having said that, I really hope, and truly think the Bills are exploring options to move Lynch. Fred Jackson is the #1 and if they could get something of value for Lynch (maybe a defensive player?) I'd move him in a second and draft a backup RB, or maybe even sign a Chester Taylor or Willie Parker for the role.

Mr. Pink
02-17-2010, 10:14 AM
1. No way we get Cromartie for Lynch straight up, so we'd have to over spend.

2. No chance Cromartie is a top 10 corner. Not even close.

3. What'd Denver do once they got Champ Bailey, again? Oh nothing?

4. This has Dallas written all over it. Maybe even Miami or the Jets.

1. never said that trade would fly

2. Who would you put above Cromartie?

3. beat NE in the playoffs and went further in the playoffs than they did when Portis was there.

DraftBoy
02-17-2010, 10:39 AM
In a friggin second.

Cromartie is a top of the class elite CB who can do something none of our current CB's can do which is bump and run coverage, not only can he do it, he excels at it in fact. He has the ability, size, and speed to matchup with any WR in the league and disrupt them. Id happily grab him and find a new home for McGee in the process so pick up a draft pick or two in order to get a new RB in here.

wmoz11
02-17-2010, 10:43 AM
Looks like some of you haven't watched Cromartie play the last 2 years. If he was great, they wouldn't be looking to move him. They'd be giving up picks for a RB.

DraftBoy
02-17-2010, 10:59 AM
Looks like some of you haven't watched Cromartie play the last 2 years. If he was great, they wouldn't be looking to move him. They'd be giving up picks for a RB.

Yea that double digit avg of passes defended per year is really a bad stat. Also a solid tackler and was purposely thrown away from this past season.

cpearl
02-17-2010, 11:01 AM
Lynch would be a beast behind SD's line. A perfect match with Sproles.

But we need to keep him. He's in the final years of his contract and he's a good compliment to FJ.

Griff
02-17-2010, 11:06 AM
if this is real I support it.

SABURZFAN
02-17-2010, 11:18 AM
i don't know what his contract is but i'd take Cromartie. he'd be more productive for this team than Lynch. the Bills could put a CB on the trade block for a draft pick or for a player to fill a team need. with Jackson proving he can be a #1 RB, i feel that makes Lynch that much more expendable. besides, i think it would give a Lynch a fresh start going somewhere else and that's what he needs.

DraftBoy
02-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Plus Lynch would be back home in Cali.

Dicknoze69
02-17-2010, 11:36 AM
I'd deal Lynch for Cromartie only if you could sign Cromartie to an extension. He's going to be in the last year of his deal and could be a rent-a-player for a year.

Obviously CB is a much more critical position than RB, they're similarly priced and they both have personal "issues." You could probably make a case that Cromartie is more talented than Lynch. Cromartie would also likely be the most talented corner on our roster if this trade went through.

RockStar36
02-17-2010, 11:38 AM
This was my exact first thought as well.

But even so (in which I completely agree with you), I couldn't see the Bills making the trade.

CB is hardly a need for us. Florence was rock solid last year, McKelvin is a first round investment just entering his third year (and second healthy), and McGee is a solid vet with a decent contract, in who I see no way they cut.

So Cromartie would be a lot of salary for something we really don't need.

Having said that, I really hope, and truly think the Bills are exploring options to move Lynch. Fred Jackson is the #1 and if they could get something of value for Lynch (maybe a defensive player?) I'd move him in a second and draft a backup RB, or maybe even sign a Chester Taylor or Willie Parker for the role.

Yep, I agree with this.

CB is hardly a need for the Bills with who is already on the roster.

But if this trade were made, I wouldn't be very upset about it.

RockStar36
02-17-2010, 11:40 AM
Minus the issues Lynch has had off the field, he actually sounds like he is exactly what San Diego is looking for.

Mr. Miyagi
02-17-2010, 12:00 PM
Cromartie is all hype. The guy has no heart. He's a showboater that's all. No thanks.

DraftBoy
02-17-2010, 12:04 PM
Cromartie is all hype. The guy has no heart. He's a showboater that's all. No thanks.

Showboater or not he has better numbers than any of our current CB's on the roster.

Ill take a showboater who can shut down an entire sideline.

Mr. Miyagi
02-17-2010, 12:10 PM
No thanks he only plays when he feels like it. I don't want those guys.http://thebiglead.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/5kkln4.gif

http://thebiglead.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/2ngqzbn.gif

wmoz11
02-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Yea that double digit avg of passes defended per year is really a bad stat. Also a solid tackler and was purposely thrown away from this past season.

The reason he has double digit averages of passes defended? He is thrown at ALL the time. I remember numerous commentators bringing up this fact and noticing it with my own eyes.

If he was so good or elite, they wouldn't be looking to ship him out.

Sorry, he had one great year and has been trash ever since.

Mr. Pink
02-17-2010, 12:13 PM
The reason he has double digit averages of passes defended? He is thrown at ALL the time. I remember numerous commentators bringing up this fact and noticing it with my own eyes.

If he was so good or elite, they wouldn't be looking to ship him out.

Sorry, he had one great year and has been trash ever since.

According to this logic Champ Bailey was trash too, seeing he gets picks and gets thrown at.

Plus, Washington shipped him out.

djjimkelly
02-17-2010, 12:15 PM
as i am still high on lynch as a long term back. i think he can turn over a new leaf and be a good boy and let his talent take over.

i would for sure make this trade for cromartie.

6 foot plus cbs with his skills dont grow on trees.

however if there is any spot on this roster that is set its the CB position so who knows

to me its a matter on contract lengths i know we have mckelvin long term but what is everyone elses contract at

but cromartie mcgee mckelvin as the top 3 CBs good bye lynch(even though im still on your side)

djjimkelly
02-17-2010, 12:17 PM
No thanks he only plays when he feels like it. I don't want those guys.http://thebiglead.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/5kkln4.gif

im sure we could find deoin sanders do same thing on 500 run plays as a cover corner he steps up

wmoz11
02-17-2010, 12:20 PM
According to this logic Champ Bailey was trash too, seeing he gets picks and gets thrown at.

Plus, Washington shipped him out.

Or you could, you know, actually watch Cromartie play. Champ got thrown at and made plays. Cromartie gets thrown at and gets beat.

Yeah, Washington shipped him out for Clinton Portis in his prime.

San Diego is shopping Cromartie for Tashard Choice (allegedly).

TacklingDummy
02-17-2010, 12:41 PM
Cromartie and the Chargers 2nd for Lynch and McGee.

streetkings01
02-17-2010, 12:43 PM

Plus, Washington shipped him out.Champ Bailey is one of the least thrown at CBs in the NFL.

TacklingDummy
02-17-2010, 12:43 PM
No thanks he only plays when he feels like it. I don't want those guys
You mean like most players?

In your example was he supposed to pile on after the play is over?

streetkings01
02-17-2010, 12:44 PM
The Chargers should get on the phone with the Ravens........Cromartie for McGahee and a 3rd.

kelly2reed4six
02-17-2010, 12:51 PM
Pass! The bills had the number 2 ranked pass defense in the league last year with the players we have on this roster already. If you mess with that chemistry you are just an idiot.

Unless you could do this in a 3 way trade (highly unlikely) with another team who needs a corner and could give us a position we need, I would definitely pass.

Jeff1220
02-17-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm not really in favor of trading Lynch (unless the value is really good), but the team isn't in need of DBs. So maybe if a 3-way trade was worked out, this could be done. Is there a team that needs a DB, but doesn't have a RB to trade, and has a surplus of decent OL, LB, or DL?

PECKERWOOD
02-17-2010, 02:32 PM
If we could somehow deal Terrence McGee then it would be a good trade for us, but I'm pretty sure Cromartie will want a pay raise, so that's another thing to consider.

Tatonka
02-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Lynch for Cromartie?

top 10 corners in the nfl my ass..

he tackles worse than Deon did.. he might be the worst tackler in the league.. we have a ball hawk in our defense already.. no need for the guy.

Tatonka
02-17-2010, 02:51 PM

thank you Miyagi.. enough said.. he is a ****ing pussy.

Stewie
02-18-2010, 12:07 AM

anyone who wants him on the team obviously hasn't seen this link

and draftboy, it was my turn to giggle when you called him a "solid tackler"

clumping platelets
02-18-2010, 12:09 AM
Lynch and the overrated McGee for Cromartie in a hillbilly heartbeat

The Spaz
02-18-2010, 12:18 AM
Lynch and the overrated McGee for Cromartie in a hillbilly heartbeat

That hillbilly must be drunk too.

jamze132
02-18-2010, 12:40 AM
I would even throw in Whitner to get that deal done...

Ingtar33
02-18-2010, 12:56 AM

i'm going to quote this thread whenever that no heart coward's name comes up. Never in a million years would i want him on my team

Liverpoolkev
02-18-2010, 06:48 AM
I'm not saying I wouldn't trade Lynch but it wouldn't be for a CB. :op: This isn't Russ B or jim overdorf running the trades anymore people ,you dont let an asset go especially a 23 yr old BULL that is the perfect runner for C.Gailey offense.....remember Willie Parker/J.Bettis ....Gailey and crew is getting rid of the dead weight now and J.LYNCH (no matter how some of you personally feel about him) is not part of the purge.............................schoebal (8 mil) and kelsay(6 mil) on the other hand might want to watch their back because they dont deserve those contracts.

Bill Cody
02-18-2010, 12:16 PM
i'm going to quote this thread whenever that no heart coward's name comes up. Never in a million years would i want him on my team

If we're taking a poll Ingtar seems to be leaning "no"