PDA

View Full Version : LeBeau's influence

LABillsFan
06-06-2003, 09:45 AM
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it kinda sounds like there was more concerns about the Def. package's run by GW and JG than was let on.

Combining Elements Between His Style and Coach LeBeau's on Defense

"We started adding Coach LeBeau's defensive package in the mid-nineties into our system of things. He has come in and tweaked a few things, and he really has reaffirmed that we were on the right track on some of the things that we were teaching. He has had an opportunity to take a look at some of the Buddy Ryan and George Allen principles that are already in this defense. It is a good mixture of things and he has been a real settling influence with the players and with the staff, just having the confidence that he invented this stuff and that he thinks we are on the right track. We hope to be able to pressure more and we have to be able to win in one-on-one individual pass rush situations in order to be multiple in the overall coverage package, not just pressure but in coverage also."

More stuff about other things

http://buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=184742

Pride
06-06-2003, 10:08 AM
Why is GW still here??

He isnt doing anything!!!

3 DC's on the same coaching staff... this will get ugly eventually. JG probably already has his bags packed, and GW should start soon too. DLeBeau will be HC next year.

Jan Reimers
06-06-2003, 02:14 PM
If we have been running LeBeau's schemes, maybe we can now get them right.

LABillsFan
06-06-2003, 07:19 PM
It seems like he's saying, that he hasn't been running it properly. Why would he say "... he really has reaffirmed that we were on the right track on some of the things that we were teaching." GW didn't say on a lot of things or most things, he said on some of the things. What is some? To me a lot would be in the 70%-80%, most would be 80%-90% some to me falls below 50%. I've been in favor of GW staying on as coach and extending his contract to give him "SOME" sense of security. But this statement by itself has caused me to open my eyes a little bit wider. If you're looking to keep your job would you let it be known that are doing "SOME THINGS" right? Not most, not a lot, some.

I can think of a thousand scenario's when NOT to say that and can't think of one when to, except if I wanted out! If you think I'm over reacting then the next time your wife/husband/girlfriend or boyfriend asks you what you like about them say, "I like some things about you , not a lot, not most, but some...

Jan Reimers
06-07-2003, 09:39 AM
WOW!

Pride
06-07-2003, 01:04 PM
Good point LA... I dont need to re-emphasize my distaste for GW.

LABillsFan
06-07-2003, 01:48 PM
Well, I'm not ready to jump ship, if you read GW's quotes, he has never really been the type to articulate his words in the best manner, maybe this is just one more to add to his bad quote list. He sort of covers himself in the second part of the paragraph, but the fact that it was so open to interpretation, has me questioning his postion as HC.