PDA

View Full Version : Modkins much more than Gailey's assistant

justasportsfan
02-17-2010, 10:20 AM
“The best thing about it is he and I have been together for a while and we have a unique relationship,” said Modkins. “It’s one in which we see the same things, so from an organizational standpoint we’ll challenge each other schematically. He knows that he and I are on the same page with what we believe in.”

In his one season in Arizona (2009) he helped to improve the Cardinals ground game, which had the highest yards per carry average (4.1) since 2002. The team’s 16 rushing touchdowns were the most in 26 seasons. Modkins also tutored rookie running back Beanie Wells who averaged 4.5 yards per carry and finished first among rookies with seven touchdowns.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Modkins-much-more-than-Gaileys-assistant/82a1ef8e-3971-460c-88e1-2481baec6b88

Pinkerton Security
02-17-2010, 10:27 AM
Uh i appreciate that they like each other, but when people generally see the same things, its called "group-think"...i like different types of people who have different points of view, because then more bases will be covered. Who knows, maybe they do that, but I just hope they dont just agree with each other on everything.

justasportsfan
02-17-2010, 10:33 AM
Uh i appreciate that they like each other, but when people generally see the same things, its called "group-think"...i like different types of people who have different points of view, because then more bases will be covered. Who knows, maybe they do that, but I just hope they dont just agree with each other on everything.
Dicks assistants and seems to me , players as well had a different POV of how to play the game , philosophy and players who should be in there.

I'd rather they are all on the same page or else we'll end up in the smae mess as when Dick was here.

Pinkerton Security
02-17-2010, 10:49 AM
Dicks assistants and seems to me , players as well had a different POV of how to play the game , philosophy and players who should be in there.

I'd rather they are all on the same page or else we'll end up in the smae mess as when Dick was here.

I want them to all be on the same page, but also have different points of view...if that is possible. Group-think just sometimes tends to neglect certain issues because every thinks ok yeah this is what we should be doing, yup yup everything is going hunky-dorey...I just dont want a bunch of "yes-men"

Oaf
02-17-2010, 10:50 AM
Yeah, group-think can be much worse than opposition.

Beebe's Kid
02-17-2010, 10:55 AM

Modkins says that they will challenge each other schematically, but they believe in the same things. I think that maybe a little different that the group-think we are used to. I definitely relate with your suspicion!!

The one nice thing is that Nix has had success in what he has done, so if you want to be on the same wave-length, a successful one would be the one of preference. Richard's regime was, unfortunately, not on the right channel. "Ok guys, don't lose on three..."

justasportsfan
02-17-2010, 10:58 AM
I want them to all be on the same page, but also have different points of view...if that is possible. Group-think just sometimes tends to neglect certain issues because every thinks ok yeah this is what we should be doing, yup yup everything is going hunky-dorey...I just dont want a bunch of "yes-men"
I don't think these guys are yes men.

Fewell, AVP were "yes" men up until Dick was fired.

AVP - " we have to get the ball deep"
Dick " I agree but start Trent"
AVP :huh: okay sir
AVP "we need to hit the holes "
Dick " I agree, start Lynch"
AVP :huh: okay sir

Fewell attacked as soon as Dick was fired and AVP benched Dicks prefered players.

mark1126
02-17-2010, 08:37 PM
agree, seeing things the same way is a handicap..there is no diversity in the thinking to see all the various angles and perspectives..

jimbledsoe
02-18-2010, 12:42 AM

Just because 2 people see the same things does not mean they agree on what to do about it.

I think that our national deficit is way to high. I bet there are alot of people who agree with me, but that does not mean they agree with me on how to solve it or when to solve it.

Just because Gaily and Modkins may agree with what type of player they want in a particular scheme, they may disagree with which player fits that role better.

I think what all these guys are talking about when they say they are on the same page in alot more fundamental. I think they agree with hard smash mouthed football.

Romes
02-18-2010, 03:46 AM
I don't get this article. This title says he is more than assistant but it says that his role is basically an organizational one to Gailey...

So what exactly makes him more than assistant? Did I miss it?