• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewytie
    • Feb 2009

Give him another shot.

Okay, just my opinion.

I think because Trent Edwards was drafted in the Jaroun era (and I believe he was ruined by that) I feel like everyone should lay off of him until training camp happens. The Bills shouldn't draft a QB early in the draft. they need the LT and they need to start building a formidable 3-4 defensive scheme. Let Trent run the offense that Chan is going to call. They are most likely going Pistol (correct me if I'm wrong) which I think will give Trent a better opportunity to be the quarterback that we all knew he could be 2+ years ago.

It makes no sense to take another quarterback when we have one who is broken but fixable. A quarterback is only as good as his coach.
    /Pensive
  • JCBills
    • Jan 2010

Re: Give him another shot.

Originally posted by Chewytie
    Okay, just my opinion.

I think because Trent Edwards was drafted in the Jaroun era (and I believe he was ruined by that) I feel like everyone should lay off of him until training camp happens. The Bills shouldn't draft a QB early in the draft. they need the LT and they need to start building a formidable 3-4 defensive scheme. Let Trent run the offense that Chan is going to call. They are most likely going Pistol (correct me if I'm wrong) which I think will give Trent a better opportunity to be the quarterback that we all knew he could be 2+ years ago.

It makes no sense to take another quarterback when we have one who is broken but fixable. A quarterback is only as good as his coach.
    Much rather see them give Brohm a chance with actual time to learn the offense.

Comment

• Chewytie
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JCBills
      Much rather see them give Brohm a chance with actual time to learn the offense.
      I'm not saying Trent should start, I'm saying we should play with the cards we got. let it come down to Brohm and Edwards in training camp. I whole-heatedly believe both of them could be great QB's
      /Pensive

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Okay, just my opinion.

Brohm, Trent and Fitz will get their shot and are being assessed by the coaches.

sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
          WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
          • Mar 2003

Fitzpatrick is better than Trent. And that isn't saying much.
          Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

We need options other than Trent, Fitz and Brohm going into the season. Trent and Fitz have not done the job, and Brohm is an unknown. I don't want to draft a QB, because this year's class seems weak.

I think a vet FA would be the best bet for 2010.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• JCBills
              • Jan 2010

I'm not saying Trent should start, I'm saying we should play with the cards we got. let it come down to Brohm and Edwards in training camp. I whole-heatedly believe both of them could be great QB's
              I just think Trent's egg has cracked.

Brohm is a superior QB, he actually produced and won in college.

I'm not big on a 1st round QB either, but I'm also that way with OT, I honestly think Jamon Meredith can be a very good NFL LT. I'd like to see us draft D-heavy.

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

If it was about him just re-gaining confidence and turning things around I would say absolutely give him another shot.

But the guy simply lacks QB talent and tangible QB characteristics.

As for the intangibles, I never felt like he was a Commander out there. More like a Private just going about his job.

Comment

• JCBills
                  • Jan 2010

He lost the support of his teammates.

Give Brohm his shot.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

I liked Trent until he bought in to Dicks play not to lose philosophy. Maybe Chan can find his mojo, I'm just not sure if Trent has the consistent arm for WNY weather.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Chewytie
                      • Feb 2009

At least you all understand where I'm coming from, I will be a very happy bills fan If we draft well this year. And by draft well I mean, get the players we NEED not just BPA and overrated skill positions. Build it from the trenches.
                      /Pensive

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

I agree in that I think Jauron ruined Edwards. Whether his fixable or not is a coaching decision. Like others, I think he'll get his shot, but I think an open competion is preferable at this point than simply naming Edwards as starter. I also agree that drafting a QB in round one is probably not the best strategy for the Bills in this draft, in part because there are so many other areas of need on the team, and in part because the top two QBs in the draft both have warts that make them somewhat less than a sure thing. If you're going to draft a QB high, you want to get as close to a sure thing as you can. I'm not sure that the warts on say Tony Pike, Colt McCoy, Dan Lefevour, and Mike Kafka are that much worse than what we see in Clausen and Bradford.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

While Jaurons system might have gotten in the way of Edwards success it did not ruin him. TE is a big boy if he's ruined it's his own problem. Nobody on the roster has proven squat and neither has any rookie. We need a capable vet on this roster or everyone managing this organization is a blow hard idiot.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
                            Fitzpatrick is better than Trent. And that isn't saying much.
                            Simply not true:

Fitzpatrick has had 5 years in the league and averages 5.6 yards a completion with a 57% completion percentage and 67 QB rating. As a starter he's won 8 games and lost 16 games.

Edwards has had 3 years in the league and averages 6.7 yards a completion with a 62 % completion percentage and a 78 QB rating. As a starter he's won 14 games and lost 17 games.

Edwards also leads Fitzpatrick in every category including TD percentage, yards per game, etc., etc. etc.

If the argument is to put the guy out there who wins more games that would be Edwards.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

I don't have anything personal towards Trentative. It's just my belief that ever since the hit against the Cardinals in 2008, He stopped progressing through his reads and plays scared. The WR's might as well stay on the bench.

He almost seems relieved to run off the field, prior to a Moorman punt.

His act is played. Turn the page.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X