PDA

View Full Version : Report: Five Bills releases due to failed physicals

patmoran2006
02-17-2010, 02:14 PM
Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post cites a league source (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Wilson-Several-Bills-players-failed-physicals.html)that says other than Derek Fine and Ashlee Palmer, the other five Buffalo players released yesterday was because they failed their physicals.

Defensive end Jermaine McGhee, defensive end Marcus Smith, defensive back John Wendling, wide receiver Justin Jenkins and center Marvin Philip were the other five Bills players released yesterday.

Wendling and Jenkins were regarded as the two best special teams performers on the roster. Their releases came as at least mild surprises, especially this early in the season with each making the league minimum salary. Now we have a better idea as to why.

PECKERWOOD
02-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Why hasn't McCargo been released, yet? Indy voided a trade with us, what last year or two years ago because of a bum back?

Jan Reimers
02-17-2010, 02:23 PM
I understand the guys cut because of failed physicals, but they keep Stupak and Klopfenstein over Fine, and Manalac, Buggs, Corto and Draft over Palmer? Just seems strange.

JCBills
02-17-2010, 02:23 PM
Why hasn't McCargo been released, yet? Indy voided a trade with us, what last year or two years ago because of a bum back?

Lol yeah I don't get it, whatever Indy's team doctors do that's what we need, because failed to them was apparently healthy to us.

feldspar
02-17-2010, 03:48 PM
Why would you cut a guy for failing a physical in mid-February? A lot of guys are banged up or injured this time of year. I'd like to hear the specifics of each case, especially Wendling and Jenkins...not that I'm really upset about it or anything.

THATHURMANATOR
02-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Guys who cares? They were all bums.

HHURRICANE
02-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Guys who cares? They were all bums.

Exactly!!

dannyek71
02-17-2010, 04:20 PM
I imagine that Fine's leg was totally shot and they knew it.

Thief
02-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Does "Failed Physical" = steroids? Otherwise I don't get it.

Ebenezer
02-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Is anybody really shedding a tear over these guys?

Albany,n.y.
02-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Is anybody really shedding a tear over these guys?
Their mothers.

djjimkelly
02-17-2010, 06:24 PM

maybe mccargo is gonna be a DE in the 3-4 :couch:

Mitchell55
02-17-2010, 07:12 PM
And Id bet anyone Osgood will be here

Typ0
02-17-2010, 07:24 PM
One very significant reason would be that they never showed up. I'm not at all trying to relate this to the steroid and/or drug issue either. If they are serious about having guys on the team that are serious about working hard and being on the team then they have to set ground rules. Those rules would start with they do their offseason work and show up to demonstrate to the team what they want demonstrated. Not doing those things is writing on the wall that OBD should listen to.

Why would you cut a guy for failing a physical in mid-February? A lot of guys are banged up or injured this time of year. I'd like to hear the specifics of each case, especially Wendling and Jenkins...not that I'm really upset about it or anything.