PDA

View Full Version : Bills Sign new Asst Oline coach

methos4ever
02-17-2010, 02:31 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Johnson-named-assistant-offensive-line-coach/84462fd9-d213-4c84-8852-933dedfd23f7

ZAZusmc03
02-18-2010, 06:02 AM
In 2009 the Hoosiers offensive line allowed just 16 sacks, good for second in the Big Ten as the unit was led by highly touted NFL prospect Rodger Saffold (6’5” 318), who started 41 games in his time at Indiana.

That is the part that catches my eye the most...

ZAZusmc03
02-20-2010, 01:15 PM
I saw that Saffold was brought up in the Butler thread, Decided to bump this up to see everyones thoughts on if we were to address another position with the 9th pick and in a later round take Saffold.

JCBills
02-20-2010, 02:15 PM
I saw that Saffold was brought up in the Butler thread, Decided to bump this up to see everyones thoughts on if we were to address another position with the 9th pick and in a later round take Saffold.

That's what I've been hoping they would do, Saffold in the 3rd or 4th if he's there.

We need to pick Defense early, we simply don't have players that fit the new scheme and that has to be addressed first and foremost.

I'm actually hoping they find a way to trade back to the mid-late 1st and grab extra early-mid round picks.

ZAZusmc03
02-20-2010, 02:34 PM
That's what I've been hoping they would do, Saffold in the 3rd or 4th if he's there.

We need to pick Defense early, we simply don't have players that fit the new scheme and that has to be addressed first and foremost.

I'm actually hoping they find a way to trade back to the mid-late 1st and grab extra early-mid round picks.

I really wouldn't be opposed to this at all. I want a nasty defense first. Make it so our offense doesn't have to win by putting a ton of points on the boards. I'd rather see low scoring tight games. Once our defense is solid, we can focus on our offense.

psubills62
02-20-2010, 02:37 PM
Saffold would be a good pick in the 3rd. Although we have so many holes, I'm not sure if we would go with 2 OT's in the first three rounds (assuming we go LT in the first).

The hiring of all these college coaches is indeed interesting. I'm wondering if they'll go for their own players or not. Saffold and Demaryius Thomas will definitely be prospects in the 3rd and 2nd rounds respectively to keep an eye on.

Night Train
02-20-2010, 02:54 PM

The standout player at the East West Shrine game. You'll see some sights project him inside but many think he can be a good LT.

02/16/2010 - PRO POTENTIAL: For a team that suffered through back-to-back losing seasons, the Hoosiers sure are raising a lot of eyebrows in the NFL ranks. Indiana will send four players to the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis later this month, and IU should be well-represented come draft weekend. OT Rodger Saffold - Saffold was a four-year starter in Bloomington and he was one of the standouts during the week of practice leading up to the East-West Shrine game. Saffold has good footwork and will be an intriguing prospect for NFL teams.

01/20/2010 - EAST-WEST SHRINE RISERS: OT Roger Saffold, Indiana: It's hard to argue anyone but Saffold was the best player on the field this week. He was strong, moved his feet well in pass protection and when drive-blocking gave good effort through the end of plays, and was mobile enough to hit targets at the second level. Some scouts will project him inside, but it appears the 3.5-year starter at left tackle should at least get a chance to prove he can handle those responsibilities. A third-round selection seems likely for Saffold at this point in the process. - Chad Reuter, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com

X-Era
02-20-2010, 05:41 PM
Another player to add to the to do list.... Saffold.

YardRat
02-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Step A - Saffold moves into the third round thanks to a solid Senior Bowl week.

Step B - Saffold moves into second round consideration thanks to a great combine.

Step C - Buffalo takes Saffold at #9 in the first, and all hell breaks out on the boards.