PDA

View Full Version : Eric Decker won't be able to run at Combine

psubills62
02-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Minnesota WR Eric Decker, who is coming off Lisfranc surgery on his foot, confirmed that he will not be able to run at next week's Combine.

Decker, who underwent surgery in November, will have a three-inch plate removed from the foot on March 15. He says he'll be 100% by the start of his rookie year. Decker will weigh in and be able to do upper-body workouts in Indianapolis. The St. Paul Pioneer Press notes that the Seahawks recently hired ex-Gophers offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch as quarterbacks coach, and calls Seattle "the early slight favorite as Decker's NFL destination."

per rotoworld.com

This definitely won't help his stock, since I'm pretty sure speed is the main question about his game. I'd love to get him in the 4th or 5th if he drops there.

X-Era
02-17-2010, 05:14 PM
per rotoworld.com

This definitely won't help his stock, since I'm pretty sure speed is the main question about his game. I'd love to get him in the 4th or 5th if he drops there.

Anyone who watched him play knows what he could bring to our team. If the doctors go through his medical eval thoroughly and come out convinced that he can get back fully to where he was, hes a steal in the 4th round.

When healthy, I think your looking at a late round 1 pick.

psubills62
02-17-2010, 06:09 PM
Anyone who watched him play knows what he could bring to our team. If the doctors go through his medical eval thoroughly and come out convinced that he can get back fully to where he was, hes a steal in the 4th round.

When healthy, I think your looking at a late round 1 pick.

Agreed. I just think Decker is a great playmaker. The guy puts up great stats despite being the only good offensive player on his team.

X-Era
02-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Agreed. I just think Decker is a great playmaker. The guy puts up great stats despite being the only good offensive player on his team.

Hes a rugged, do it all, play maker who can catch the ball with a guy draped on him, and get the tough yards. But also can slip behind DB's and get open.

Hes the type of blue-collar, bring your lunch pail, never say quit winner any team should want.

DraftBoy
02-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Id take him in Round 5 or 6, he will struggle for separation in the NFL and while his athleticism helped him in a slower Big 10, it won't in the NFL.

X-Era
02-17-2010, 07:30 PM
Id take him in Round 5 or 6, he will struggle for separation in the NFL and while his athleticism helped him in a slower Big 10, it won't in the NFL.

I look at him as a Jurevicious style WR who will be best as a #2 but has deceptive quickness and above average toughness. I think he could be a very good #2 possession type WR and that he could be a nice fit for us.

DraftBoy
02-17-2010, 08:19 PM
I look at him as a Jurevicious style WR who will be best as a #2 but has deceptive quickness and above average toughness. I think he could be a very good #2 possession type WR and that he could be a nice fit for us.

Joe J had good size at 6'5, 230. He was a physical WR who ran crisp routes and could go over smaller CB's. Eric Decker is a little smaller at 6'3, 215. I could see the comparison but Decker has to work on the small parts of his games, especially getting in and out of breaks which is something Joe J was excellent at.

X-Era
02-17-2010, 08:40 PM
Joe J had good size at 6'5, 230. He was a physical WR who ran crisp routes and could go over smaller CB's. Eric Decker is a little smaller at 6'3, 215. I could see the comparison but Decker has to work on the small parts of his games, especially getting in and out of breaks which is something Joe J was excellent at.

Agreed, hes not a polished route runner. To me hes just so gutty, plays so physical and was so productive in an offense that almost solely featured him... give him a team around him and you could see the guy become something really good.

SirMcGee
02-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Most underrated WR in the draft by far.

B-DON
02-20-2010, 02:54 PM
i watched a lot of minnesota games unfortunately and it was truly amazing how decker still got catches even though everyone in the stadium knew who was getting the ball. were talkin 8-10 catches every game. plus his qb webber is horrid if you ask me

SaviorEdwards
02-20-2010, 02:58 PM
per rotoworld.com

I would love this guy in Buffalo. If I had one play left in the game and i could take any receiver in college last year, this would be the only guy I'd want.