PDA

View Full Version : Mallett out 3-4 Months

DraftBoy
02-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Broke a bone in his left foot.

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2010/feb/17/mallett/?nwa-sports

FAYETTEVILLE — Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett is expected to miss the next three to four months because of a broken bone in his left foot, the University of Arkansas announced Wednesday night.

The junior-to-be broke the bone during conditioning drills Wednesday, according to a university news release. He's expected to miss spring practices.

This guy is a magnet for injuries...

Ingtar33
02-17-2010, 09:59 PM
yep. that's also a pansy excuse. I broke ribs and never missed a day of practice or a game. i broke a leg and didn't miss practice (granted it was a tib)... hell i broke my foot and never missed a game or practice.

what a wimp. good god. take some ibuprofen and man up for gods sakes.

4 months? 4 months? what bone in the foot takes 4 months to heal? he better be having surgery on that thing.

ugh.

sorry... i have always been a fan of student athletes taking care of themselves (though i never did), but 4 months is just silly. Jimmy Clausen won't even be out of commission that long and he had surgery.

This looks like the uni covering up for some sort of academic issues. Either that or he's just a giant wimp.

X-Era
02-17-2010, 10:02 PM
yep. that's also a pansy excuse. I broke ribs and never missed a day of practice or a game. i broke a leg and didn't miss practice (granted it was a tib)... hell i broke my foot and never missed a game or practice.

what a wimp. good god. take some ibuprofen and man up for gods sakes.

4 months? 4 months? what bone in the foot takes 4 months to heal? he better be having surgery on that thing.

ugh.

sorry... i have always been a fan of student athletes taking care of themselves (though i never did), but 4 months is just silly. Jimmy Clausen won't even be out of commission that long and he had surgery.

Add in the bravado, the rawness, and lack of discipline at times... recipe for potential disaster.

SaviorEdwards
02-17-2010, 10:27 PM
He's a great athlete but he always looks lanky to me. I wonder if his body is outgrowing his age. He does seem like an injury magnet.

DraftBoy
02-17-2010, 10:30 PM
He's a great athlete but he always looks lanky to me. I wonder if his body is outgrowing his age. He does seem like an injury magnet.

Mallett is no stranger to injuries. He underwent surgery to tighten his left shoulder in January.

He injured the ring finger on his throwing hand in June after a mishap in the weight room and was sidelined for several weeks. Mallett also dislocated the thumb on his throwing hand during spring drills in 2008, when he sat out a season after transferring from Michigan.

Four injuries since coming to Arkansas alone, that's crazy.

He seems extremely clumsy by the way.

Buddo
02-18-2010, 04:08 AM
I think 'injury magnet' is very apt. The ridiculous part, is that most of this stuff is happening outside of the games.
By the sounds of it, this kid needs to be in college as long as possibe, to get rid of all the 'growing pains', and give himself a chance to prove he can stay healthy.

tampabay25690
02-18-2010, 07:38 AM
Add in the bravado, the rawness, and lack of discipline at times... recipe for potential disaster.

I agree with you here.
I have been saying this as well.
There are some on this board that think he is the next Drew Bledsoe or Joe Flacco.
But he is a bit RAW with a great ARM and a bit immature.....
He needs to get to the weight room as well, if you had Tebow body and ability he would be the best player in the draft....

X-Era
02-18-2010, 05:23 PM
I agree with you here.
I have been saying this as well.
There are some on this board that think he is the next Drew Bledsoe or Joe Flacco.
But he is a bit RAW with a great ARM and a bit immature.....
He needs to get to the weight room as well, if you had Tebow body and ability he would be the best player in the draft....

Watched a few interviews of his, he also talks kind of like a punk. Dont know that he is, just that he talks that way a bit.

Typ0
02-18-2010, 08:50 PM
Sounds like he could be our guy.

tampabay25690
02-19-2010, 07:40 AM
Sounds like he could be our guy.

I hope not....Im not a huge fan..

Typ0
02-19-2010, 09:35 AM
The way Wilson runs this organization I believe the only thing we can do is screw up at this point. So I agree with you it would be a screw up but think that makes it more probabale he'll be a Bill.