PDA

View Full Version : Bradford won't work out until March 25th

psubills62
02-17-2010, 10:09 PM
The agent for Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford (shoulder) has informed all 32 NFL teams that his client will not work out until March 25.

Bradford will skip OU's March 9 Pro Day and only participate in the medical checkup, interviews, and Wonderlic at next week's Combine. Dr. James Andrews, Bradford's shoulder surgeon, advised the 2008 Heisman winner to postpone throwing until late next month. His medical at the Combine will be crucial.

per rotoworld.com

He won't even be available to work out for the Pro Day? Things sounded pretty positive, and I thought he said his recovery was ahead of schedule.

Who knows, maybe he will end up dropping to #9.

Buddo
02-18-2010, 04:03 AM
This is becoming amusing - the two most highly touted QB prospects for this years draft, are barely going to be fit in time for it.
I'm sure some team will take a chance on these guys, I just hope it isn't the Bills.
I wouldn't have minded Bradford before, but I think you have to be exceptionally wary, now that everything would seem to be taking longer than anticipated.
We've had more than our fair share of injuries in the last few years, and I don't want to be taking any players whose fitness is questionable.

DraftBoy
02-18-2010, 07:35 AM
He's recovery was supposed to be only a 5 month timetable. We are in month 6 now and will head to month 7 before he works out for the first time. He is behind and now we are all learning about it.

Doesn't mean there is anything wrong but it raises some serious concerns.

Buddo
02-18-2010, 07:07 PM
I don't like the smell of this, one little bit. Seems to me that a lot of these types of surgeries, don't actually work fully the first time around. One example could be Butler. He ended up having pretty much the same surgery again iirc, before he was fully fit.
Bradford does strike me as being a guy who will 'make it' as an NFL QB, but anyone drafting him, may have to wait a lot longer than originally anticipated, to see that come to fruition. Depending on medical reports, he could fall quite a bit.

THATHURMANATOR
02-19-2010, 07:43 AM
Yes Bradford consulted with me and we decided that working out on my birthday was in his best interest..... I am praying for him to fall to 9 SOOO Freakin hard.

Funny thing is that he probably will fall and we will still take a CB or Safety or some crap.

DraftBoy
02-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Even if he falls, I dont think we will take him.

Ed
02-19-2010, 12:11 PM
I don't think it's that surprising or concerning that he's pushing back his workout as late as possible. I mean this is a huge deal and there's a lot of money on the line, so why wouldn't he give himself the best chance to make a good impression. There's probably a good chance that he's perfectly capable of throwing at the combine or the pro day, but the extra month can only help him strengthen and refine his throws. As long as he throws before the draft, I don't think it's a big deal when exactly it happens.

X-Era
02-19-2010, 05:07 PM
I don't think it's that surprising or concerning that he's pushing back his workout as late as possible. I mean this is a huge deal and there's a lot of money on the line, so why wouldn't he give himself the best chance to make a good impression. There's probably a good chance that he's perfectly capable of throwing at the combine or the pro day, but the extra month can only help him strengthen and refine his throws. As long as he throws before the draft, I don't think it's a big deal when exactly it happens.

Totally agree. I just hope it helps the Skins pass him up.