PDA

View Full Version : McCargo

casdhf
02-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Can he play end in the 3-4?

BillsWin
02-17-2010, 11:53 PM
I personally don't think he had the drive or work ethic to play anything anymore. But who knows? I see him as more of a prototypical 4-3 defensive tackle with little wiggle room scheme-wise. But that is just one man's opinion.

Stewie
02-18-2010, 12:02 AM
is it possible to put an all you can eat buffet in the C gap?

SaviorEdwards
02-18-2010, 12:11 AM
BUST!!!!! Should have taken mangold!!!!!!

The Spaz
02-18-2010, 12:20 AM
Absolute bust. He ranks up there with Erik Flowers.:down:

JCBills
02-18-2010, 12:25 AM
BUST!!!!! Should have taken mangold!!!!!!

Basically any of the players available including 2nd rounders would have given us 10x more production:

DeAngelo Williams
Marcedes Lewis
Nick Mangold
Joseph Addai
Kelly Jennings
Mathias Kiwanuka
Demeco Ryans
D'Quell Jackson
Rocky McIntosh
Thomas Howard
Winston Justice
Roman Harper
LenDale White
Marcus McNeill
Greg Jennings
Anthony Fasano
Devin Hester
Maurice Jones-Drew
Tony Scheffler
Darryl Tapp

Talk about a loaded first two rounds, and WOW what a miss haha.

tampabay25690
02-18-2010, 07:32 AM
Why do we always look in the past.
Maybe he can work in the 3-4 as a DE
I guess the coaches will evaluate that now.

Raptor
02-18-2010, 08:04 AM
Nope, he wont make the final cut

Italian Stallion
02-18-2010, 08:12 AM
I have criticized him as much as anyone on this board (even sent him hate mail on his facebook page until he blocked me lol) but I actually think he could adapt to this defense pretty well.

As a guy to rotate in at the 5 technique, he could actually be pretty solid if he just actually got stronger in the weight room, instead of pounding Wendys constantly...then again if he hits the drive thru enough he could become a decent option as the blob in the middle that every 3-4 needs.

As sad as his career has been to this point, I wouldn't count out the fact that he sticks with the team past TC and actually contributes.

DesertFox24
02-18-2010, 08:25 AM
I agree with Itallion I think he is a candidate to balloon up to 320 and be a NT prospect. He does have some decent attributes like his supposed athleticism and quickness.

What horrible draft that was we could have had Ngata and Justice (whom I thought we were trading up for). How bad have Jauron and Levy ****ed this team.

However, Whitner at least starts and is solid at his position we have gotten nothing for McCargo and getting that 4th would have been amazing.

ChanGailey
02-18-2010, 09:15 AM
The dude can't stay off the trainers table. There is always something wrong with him. We tried trading him, and he failed his physical.

John McCargo and Donte Whitner highlight the worst draft in Bills history, IMO.

Mahdi
02-18-2010, 09:16 AM
McCargo could be a NT option if he stays healthy and adds a bit of weight.

He has the body type for sure. Very large thighs and rear end.

Now he is about 310, if he can add 10 pounds he could definitely challenge for the job at NT. His athleticism and ability to get into the backfield as he has shown when he has played would be a plus.

Raptor
02-18-2010, 09:22 AM
People keep looking at his physical measurements and trying to figure out whether he fits this defense or not when in reality its the mental reasons why he's not going to fit

McCargo is a DT that likes to get up field and get after the QB(even though he sucks at it). Now people are thinking if he just adds a little weight he'll be a fit. He wont be a fit no matter how much weight he adds because there is no way he is going to be good with just sucking up blockers so other players can make plays.

Thinking this guy is any type of fit here is a waste of time, he will not be on the final roster and it will be a minor upsets if he even goes to camp with us

Raptor
02-18-2010, 09:25 AM
McCargo could be a NT option if he stays healthy and adds a bit of weight.

He has the body type for sure. Very large thighs and rear end.

Now he is about 310, if he can add 10 pounds he could definitely challenge for the job at NT. His athleticism and ability to get into the backfield as he has shown when he has played would be a plus.

No it wouldnt, The NT has two very distinct roles, draw as many blockers as possible and hold the LOS to stop the run and to not allow the QB to step up to far into the pocket. If your NT is in the backfield chasing a QB that means there are blockers free and your NT ****ed up big time.

Jan Reimers
02-18-2010, 09:29 AM
I think McCargo is lazy and unmotivated. Every year, I have hope the he will finally arrive as a player, and every year, he disappears.

If he ate himself up to the size of Jobba the Hutt, he would still be useless.

bflojohn
02-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Occasionally John McCargo makes a play that opens your eyes and makes you think he's a contributor, however, generally he is "handled" by one blocker and NT requires a guy to anchor the middle and be stout. Those are NOT characteristics John McCargo possesses. I have my doubts about DE fit for him because I don't think he has the discipline for it, especially the 5-technique DE. I'm also in the camp where John McCargo becomes a fading memory soon!!

Mahdi
02-18-2010, 01:47 PM
No it wouldnt, The NT has two very distinct roles, draw as many blockers as possible and hold the LOS to stop the run and to not allow the QB to step up to far into the pocket. If your NT is in the backfield chasing a QB that means there are blockers free and your NT ****ed up big time.
That depends on down and distance. I said McCargo could use his skills to his advantage. And on 3rd down it would be useful to have a NT who can get into the backfield with his speed.

Don't Panic
02-18-2010, 02:22 PM
That depends on down and distance. I said McCargo could use his skills to his advantage. And on 3rd down it would be useful to have a NT who can get into the backfield with his speed.

Interesting thought... if we got a two down NT, I'd be willing to keep him around as a 3rd down NT.

PECKERWOOD
02-18-2010, 04:00 PM
He's a bust from a production standpoint, but I think that he is damaged goods and he has been since we drafted the guy. He has bulging disks in his back, that just doesn't go away, it gets worst with time.

Spiderweb
02-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Absolute bust. He ranks up there with Erik Flowers.:down:

Bust? Actually, he belong on the Levy/Jauron blunder list. They seriously overreached for him, being desperate to get a tackle at the time after taking Whitner with the 8th overall pick. While Whitner can play a bit, neither has shown
they warranted more than a mid to later round pick....

SABURZFAN
02-18-2010, 05:38 PM
The dude can't stay off the trainers table. There is always something wrong with him. We tried trading him, and he failed his physical.

John McCargo and Donte Whitner highlight the worst draft in Bills history, IMO.

we don't want to go down that road. :baghead: