PDA

View Full Version : This Would Make Sense

JCBills
02-18-2010, 06:58 AM
With Fewell to the Giants and their DT situation up in the air - Fred Robbins (33) and Barry Cofield (25) are about to be free agents - with Cofield likely to be re-signed.

They don't have anyone on their roster that seems like a viable option to step in outside of possibly Chris Canty - who is better off as a 3-4 End (Rocky Bernard is 30 and Jay Alford didn't see the field last season.

They're also hurting for 4-3 Linebackers, inside and out. I know Mitchell came from the Giants after one season with them, but they could probably really use his help now as a Sam or Mike backer. Fewell also could be interested in some of the younger guys that no longer fit like Nic Harris. They took Clint Sintim in the 2nd last year, but he's a 3-4 OLB who has struggled to adjust to the 4-3, and is even less of a fit in Fewell's defense.

We have some things they need, we have some things we need.

Kyle Williams / Nic Harris (and other 4-3 Lbs etc)

Clint Sintim / Chris Canty

Now I'm not going to get into specifics with trade possibilities and whatnot, but something could be swung to work a deal in favor of both franchises, and would have to involve the shuffling of draft picks.

Canty signed a hefty contract in the offseason, but didn't crack the starting lineup until December though, and was injured in practice after 4 starts, MCL injury, and was a little banged up earlier in the season.

Would you be interested in either player? Sintim could actually play the strong side like he did in college, and Canty is very experienced as a 3-4 end.

DraftBoy
02-18-2010, 07:39 AM
Would love to land Stintim and Canty but the Giants D is predicated on having an over abundance of DEs. You think they will want to move one?

JCBills
02-18-2010, 08:05 AM
Would love to land Stintim and Canty but the Giants D is predicated on having an over abundance of DEs. You think they will want to move one?

No idea what the deal is with that, I know Kiwanuka was unhappy with his situation, but they're definitely loaded up there. Wasn't he playing spot linebacker for them at times too?

TigerJ
02-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Would love to land Stintim and Canty but the Giants D is predicated on having an over abundance of DEs. You think they will want to move one?The unknown in the equation is how the hiring of Fewell as DC will affect the Giants' priorities. Maybe Fewell will decide he needs DTs more than he does DEs. It's at least something to ponder during the slow days before the combine.

WeAreArthurMoates
02-18-2010, 09:02 AM
I'd love this trade but I'd just take Sintom, Canty would be the icing on the top. Sintom would give us a legit 3-4 OLB.

Ickybaluky
02-18-2010, 10:28 AM
The Giants invested a 2nd round pick, 45th overall, to take Clint Sintim a year ago.

They signed Canty for $42M, with $17.5M guaranteed.

Given the heavy investments they have in both players, you think they are going to want to trade them for the likes of Mitchell, Kyle Williams or Nic Harris? And.. you title this thread "This would make sense"? Actualy, it makes no sense.

Think about it, they have a lot invested in both players. Then, a year later they are going to trade them for the Bills crap you want to get rid of? That would be like buying a new Mercedes, then trading it for a 2003 Corolla a year later because you don't like the ride.

The Giants aren't stupid.

RockStar36
02-18-2010, 10:35 AM
The Giants invested a 2nd round pick, 45th overall, to take Clint Sintim a year ago.

Given the heavy investments they have in both players, you think they are going to want to trade them for the likes of Mitchell, Kyle Williams or Nic Harris? And.. you title this thread "This would make sense"? Actualy, it makes no sense.

Think about it, they have a lot invested in both players. Then, a year later they are going to trade them for the Bills crap you want to get rid of? That would be like buying a new Mercedes, then trading it for a 2003 Corolla a year later because you don't like the ride.

But it worked in Madden!

JCBills
02-18-2010, 12:15 PM

A year after drafting Glenn Dorsey, KC put him on the trading block due to lack of fit, he was a 1st rounder.

Where are the Giants going to use Sintim? The 4-3 hasn't been his cup of tea.

I said I'm not going to get into the specifics of the trade but shuffling picks would have to be involved.

Ickybaluky
02-18-2010, 01:33 PM
A year after drafting Glenn Dorsey, KC put him on the trading block due to lack of fit, he was a 1st rounder.

OK, but the people in charge now didn't draft him. Besides, he hasn't been traded yet. Just because they put him on the block doesn't mean they are going to give him away.

Where are the Giants going to use Sintim? The 4-3 hasn't been his cup of tea. I said I'm not going to get into the specifics of the trade but shuffling picks would have to be involved.

They sure as hell aren't giving up Canty or Sintim for Kyle Williams or Nic Harris. So yeah, I guess if a deal were to be worked out some draft picks would be involved.

The point is the Giants haven't shown an interest in trading either player. From what I have read, Canty is slated to start for them next year at DT when Robbins leaves. Sintim is expected to take over at WSLB over Danny Clark. I haven't read anything about the Giants being unhappy or wanting to get rid of either player. On the contrary, both are expected to play significant roles next year for their defense.

This is a fantasy you have worked up, nothing more.

JCBills
02-18-2010, 01:53 PM
OK, but the people in charge now didn't draft him. Besides, he hasn't been traded yet. Just because they put him on the block doesn't mean they are going to give him away.

They sure as hell aren't giving up Canty or Sintim for Kyle Williams or Nic Harris. So yeah, I guess if a deal were to be worked out some draft picks would be involved.

The point is the Giants haven't shown an interest in trading either player. From what I have read, Canty is slated to start for them next year at DT when Robbins leaves. Sintim is expected to take over at WSLB over Danny Clark. I haven't read anything about the Giants being unhappy or wanting to get rid of either player. On the contrary, both are expected to play significant roles next year for their defense.

This is a fantasy you have worked up, nothing more.

Did I say it was going to happen? No, but please, put more words in my mouth.

I have read that they weren't impressed with Sintim's transition to the 4-3, and Fewell's scheme makes him less of a fit, that's all I said.

The point of a forum is to discuss things, calm down there chief.

Mitchell55
02-18-2010, 05:26 PM

Williams would fill a need better and is proven

JCBills
02-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Williams would fill a need better and is proven

Yeah, basically, he also has a much cheaper contract.