• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChanGailey
    Veteran Zoner
    • Jan 2010

Mike Vrabel

Now, first off, I want to say that normally, I'm totally against signing anybody over 30 years old.

However...

Mike Vrabel is looking as though he may become available and I think he could be a valuable addition to our team for the following reasons:

1. Knowledge of the 3-4. It would be almost like having a coach on the field, when you have a guy with 3 rings who's played 9 years in the 3-4.

2. His knowledge of the Patriots. If you don't think he'd help bridge the gap between us and them, I'd like to know why you don't think he can.

3. Winning history. Last year, KC was bad but still managed to pull out some games that people didn't think they should. I'm not saying it was all Mike Vrabel but I'm sure he was one of the vocal leaders on defense.

4. He'd want revenge on that Pats for sending him to KC.

Whattyou guys think? He's 35 so he's certainly long in the tooth, but I don't recall any major injuries in his history, and heck, Junior Seau played until he was 40.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Mike Vrabel

I dont know if he's looking for revenge per say. But a quiet leader with experience in the 3-4, might be a good mentor for a young D.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• ChanGailey
      Veteran Zoner
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by King Bedard
      I dont know if he's looking for revenge per say. But a quiet leader with experience in the 3-4, might be a good mentor for a young D.
      Yeah, I'm not suggesting he'd be a pro bowler for us. But he'd certainly be a guy with TONs of experience to perhaps QB things for the defense. If young players forget their assignment, he can remind them on the fly.

I just think it'd be a nice pickup for us.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Certainly wouldnt be the worst thing we can do..

Maybe he can be a mentor for a maybin or another young LB im sure we'll pick up.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

We do need guys who play with a winning mentality and don't accept losing, that will certainly help to start the turn-around.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Vrabel doesnt plan on retiring.
            Linebacker Mike Vrabel, added to the Matt Cassel trade in 2009 like the rope that tied the tree to the top of the car in A Christmas Story, will become a free agent in 16 days.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Bill Cody
              • Sep 2004

I'd take him for vet min. And I'd offer the Pats a 7th for Adalius Thomas. We need to add some 3-4 experience.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                • Jul 2002

Even at 35 he is probably better than most of the LBs on our roster, I'd take him.
                My Band
                daveviterna.com

Comment

• DynaPaul
                  • Sep 2003

He'd be a good addition on a cheap contract. Even though he's old he could help bridge the gap until we get some younger, better LBs on the team through the draft or FA.

Comment

Working...
                  X