195. Buffalo -- Ryan D'Imporio -- ILB -- Rutgers -- 6'3 -- 245

213. Buffalo -- Dedrick Epps -- TE -- Miami -- 6'4 255

220. Buffalo -- Travis Ivey -- NT -- Maryland -- 6'4 325

FA: LT Tra Thomas , QB David Carr, OLB Joey Porter, DE Corey Redding

Offense:

QB competition: Zac Robinson, Brian Brohm, David Carr, Trent Edwards

RBs: Lynch, Jackson

TEs: Nelson, Schouman, Epps

OL: Tra Thomas -- Levitre -- Wood -- Incognito -- Butler (Hangarter primary backup at C and G, Bell and Meredith OTs)

WR: Lee Evans, Dez Bryant, Hardy, Johnson, Parrish

Defense:

LE: Stroud -- NT: Harvey/ Ivey -- RE: Corey Redding (Sp. Johnson, KW, McCargo camp battle for depth jobs)

OLB: Porter ILB: Poz ILB: Mitchell OLB: Norwood (Maybin and Norwood battle in camp for starter job, loser learns behind Porter for 1 or 2 years.)

CBs: McGee, McKelvin, Florence, Corner,

S: Whitner, Byrd, Wilson,

It's not a full roster but I have the key pieces in place the rest are fill ins.
    Last edited by Mahdi; 02-18-2010, 11:12 AM.
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Offseason Overview

I see no way in hell the Bills take Dez Bryant.. NONE

1- He's a WR and I do not see us taking one with what we need.

2- He's a HUGE talent and may be a stud, but he's a troubled one.. and Nix has said many many times already he wants guys that have proven it on the field over the long haul.. Bryant didnt even play half of last season.

No way.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
      I see no way in hell the Bills take Dez Bryant.. NONE

1- He's a WR and I do not see us taking one with what we need.

2- He's a HUGE talent and may be a stud, but he's a troubled one.. and Nix has said many many times already he wants guys that have proven it on the field over the long haul.. Bryant didnt even play half of last season.

No way.
      Bryant is a proven player. There is no doubt about that.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Dez Bryant in Round 1, zoners are going to hate it. Good job overall though1
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          Dez Bryant in Round 1, zoners are going to hate it. Good job overall though1
          I just see it as another possibility. Our offense needs to put up points and he is quote possibly the next Larry Fitzgerald.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi
            Bryant is a proven player. There is no doubt about that.
            not by Buddy Nix's standards.

Dont get me wrong man, he's a great talent. he can be an All Pro WR for sure.

I just see zero chance the Bills take him in the first round.

Its OT or Defensive Front Seven help with first pick, with outside shot at QB is Bradford or Clausen is there.. In my opinion, those are the only three options.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

not by Buddy Nix's standards.

Dont get me wrong man, he's a great talent. he can be an All Pro WR for sure.

I just see zero chance the Bills take him in the first round.

Its OT or Defensive Front Seven help with first pick, with outside shot at QB is Bradford or Clausen is there.. In my opinion, those are the only three options.
              Explain how a former All-American WR, consensus top WR is not to Buddy Nix's standard of proven exactly?
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Explain how a former All-American WR, consensus top WR is not to Buddy Nix's standard of proven exactly?
                He has said that he wants players that have had long college careers and proven it on the field. Wasn't Bryant suspended for most of 2009?

The Bills need an offensive tackle and defensive front seven help far more than Dez Bryant.

I dont dislike Bryant.. He could be a Pro Bowler for another team, but its not going to be Buffalo.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                  • Jul 2003

My initial thought is it still leaves the BIlls pretty weak on the OL. Tra Thomas is pretty used up at this point, and Butler hasn't really shown he is a starting-caliber NFL player. It seems the Bills would be repeating the mistake of a year ago in not addressing that position better.

The Bills can use an upgrade to Incognito at OG. He has talent, but he is a stupid player. Stephen Neal would be a good fit for what Buffalo wants to do. He is an OG who has great balance and can pull to lead runs outside, and he is tough as nails. I hope the Pats bring him back, but they probably invest the resources elsewhere. I think Neal gets a pretty good contract.

Also, Corey Redding is a real question in a 3-4. He was strictly a 4-3 player with the Lions and Seahawks, playing DE and DT, and he isn't really the kind of physical player you need in a 3-4 DE.

Overall, though, I give you credit for not being unreasonable. Nothing there is out of the question, and Bryant is an interesting talent. I don't know about Larry Fitzgerald, buit he definitely has the ability to be a #1 WR.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

He has said that he wants players that have had long college careers and proven it on the field. Wasn't Bryant suspended for most of 2009?

The Bills need an offensive tackle and defensive front seven help far more than Dez Bryant.

I dont dislike Bryant.. He could be a Pro Bowler for another team, but its not going to be Buffalo.
                    Bryant had two excellent years at Ok State and was on his way to a third when the NCAA screwed him over on a ruling. He didnt get suspended for character issues, the NCAA made him a poster boy and it wasn't fair.

I agree with you that OT and DT are bigger needs but they aren't are only needs. We have a huge hole at #2 WR as well.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                      My initial thought is it still leaves the BIlls pretty weak on the OL. Tra Thomas is pretty used up at this point, and Butler hasn't really shown he is a starting-caliber NFL player. It seems the Bills would be repeating the mistake of a year ago in not addressing that position better.

The Bills can use an upgrade to Incognito at OG. He has talent, but he is a stupid player. Stephen Neal would be a good fit for what Buffalo wants to do. He is an OG who has great balance and can pull to lead runs outside, and he is tough as nails. I hope the Pats bring him back, but they probably invest the resources elsewhere. I think Neal gets a pretty good contract.
                      Also, Corey Redding is a real question in a 3-4. He was strictly a 4-3 player with the Lions and Seahawks, playing DE and DT, and he isn't really the kind of physical player you need in a 3-4 DE.

Overall, though, I give you credit for not being unreasonable. Nothing there is out of the question, and Bryant is an interesting talent. I don't know about Larry Fitzgerald, buit he definitely has the ability to be a #1 WR.
                      Bills have Eric Wood and Andy Levitre at OG, I dont think they are picking up a 4th OG, unless Wood isn't ready or he's moving to OC. In which case Hangartner would be the 4th backup.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• Ed
                        Dude
                        • Sep 2002

I think Buddy Nix was talking more about one year wonders and workout warriors. I don't think Bryant fits into that category.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                          • Jul 2003

Bills have Eric Wood and Andy Levitre at OG, I dont think they are picking up a 4th OG, unless Wood isn't ready or he's moving to OC. In which case Hangartner would be the 4th backup.
                          Is Wood even going to be ready? I'd be shocked if he didn't start the year as a PUP.

I just think Neal would be a great fit for a team like the Bills, who want to run a lot. Neal is an underrated player, a real solid OG with the athleticism to get outside and to the second level to block.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                            Is Wood even going to be ready? I'd be shocked if he didn't start the year as a PUP.

I just think Neal would be a great fit for a team like the Bills, who want to run a lot. Neal is an underrated player, a real solid OG with the athleticism to get outside and to the second level to block.
                            There was a report (can't find it now naturally) that said he should be back in time for camp, which surprised the hell out of me. If he isn't Id love to have Neal, he's the ideal fit for us, but his price will likely be too high.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Bryant had two excellent years at Ok State and was on his way to a third when the NCAA screwed him over on a ruling. He didnt get suspended for character issues, the NCAA made him a poster boy and it wasn't fair.

I agree with you that OT and DT are bigger needs but they aren't are only needs. We have a huge hole at #2 WR as well.
                              lets put it this way; If Mahdi is right and the Bills drafted Bryant, I wouldn't be the least upset.. I love talented playmakers.

Bryant has elite talent potential, so does McClain (IMO)

Having said that, I just dont see anyway that it happens.

I see OT, with an outside shot of taking Clausen should he be there, and I wouldnt discount Derrick Morgan at all if he's there either, who has that obvious Gailey connection.

Comment

Working...
                              X